Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Weight Gain

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Weight Gain

Just a litlle interesting topic on the subject of TG's weight gain while living in a Western Country

Lets just start by saying 38kg to 44kg in 5 months of living here in Aus is a fair gain.

We eat about half thai half western food and JK can eat anything even VEGEMITE !!. When she came last time she would eat about a little sparrows amount on her plate and now she eats virtually the same same as me. Never used to eat bread, or rolls and now does. Our diet is fairly good and we don't really eat much crap fatty food, but the weight gain is still there.

So i guess my question is, and maybe some of the longer term realtionship BM's can
    shed some light....Is this normal and to be expected, has anyone else witnessed their TG gain weght after living here a while, and does the weight gain platoe after a while.

In a way its probably a stupid question becuase ultimately if you eat enough of the wrong or even not to wong western food you gonna gain some weight, but at the same time i find it interesting as i have always had a interest in diet, diet related illness's and cultural differences in diets and the effects it can have on the body.

Now i am witnessing it 1st hand....

And yes i did get clearance from JK to ask about this ...555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Weight gain is usually a sign of happiness...
    I've put on 20kg in the last 18 months
    Cold climate the body needs to store more body fat!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    P1010935.jpgThe one.jpgp190711_09.03_[01].jpgIMAG0083.jpg28062011167.jpgp190711_09.02.jpgDao has remained the same. 35-40 Kg (Fluid difference mostly) She came back from Thailand this time last year at 31kg and was bones. She spent a month planting rice. But came back up to 36Kg quickly. She will not eat bread etc Will not touch Maccas etc. Does not touch a drop of booze. I wish she would put on more as she has no buffer if she was to become very ill.

Having said that she eats more than I do. The first few years a thought she had a problem (bulimic etc) but it is just her. I am not a fan of most Issan food (She loves the bugs, snails frogs and even gets old chickens from mates because she likes them chewy and the feet are still on and still kicking.) so we eat somewhere in the middle. I am the one that has lost 30 kg since I meet her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jontymate; 23rd July 2011 at 19:49.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Joy slides from 44 to 48 and is perfect for me...She exercises quite a lot which might be seen as a little un Thai.5555555
    50 50 would be our diet with loads of chili garlic ginger and green stir fry.
    Listening to her tummy at night i think she has swallowed a food processor.......Turbo variety.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hey Jonty I noticed in your first picture, is that Dao, without the sunnies ?, she has a Big Size KFC drink in her hand 555

I shouldnt say too much, I need to lose 20 kg.

When my TG stays with me for 3 weeks on holidays she always puts on 2/3kg, I know because she tells me many times, Pom Poy 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Sydney, I think it is very comon in any relationship, western or Thai.

Every girlfriend I have ever had has put on some weight after we moved in together.

The weight gain is a sign of happiness, contentment, comfortable in the relationship etc. Also the colder climate, and change of diet will cause it.

Jeab put on weight over the 2 months she was here, only a few kilo's and she shed it again before going home. She use to drink almost boiling water constantly to shed the extra kilo's.

Its because they are so tiny to start with, that just a few kilos makes a difference. I can vary by 3 kilo's one day to the next, and no one would notice, but TG goes from 45 to 48 kg and it is a larger percentage increase, than me going from 108 to 111kg.

Interesting thought PBB and JC....didn't consider the happiness, contentment aspect of weight gain.

Jonty thanks for sharing those pics....don't think we have seen any from you before (maybe wrong not sure) but it always interesting seeing pics of other BM's and TG's and it sounds and looks like i should go and plant some rice myself for a month and then shed a few kilos....5555

Wabbs funny that you mention the sounds coming from the stomach....JK the same, and she swears that she doesn't have that happening when she is in thailand...must be those carbs digesting away...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Hey Jonty I noticed in your first picture, is that Dao, without the sunnies ?, she has a Big Size KFC drink in her hand 555

I shouldnt say too much, I need to lose 20 kg.

When my TG stays with me for 3 weeks on holidays she always puts on 2/3kg, I know because she tells me many times, Pom Poy 555
    Yes Dao is the one with the KFC drink. It was my remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Just a litlle interesting topic on the subject of TG's weight gain while living in a Western Country

Lets just start by saying 38kg to 44kg in 5 months of living here in Aus is a fair gain.

We eat about half thai half western food and JK can eat anything even VEGEMITE !!. When she came last time she would eat about a little sparrows amount on her plate and now she eats virtually the same same as me. Never used to eat bread, or rolls and now does. Our diet is fairly good and we don't really eat much crap fatty food, but the weight gain is still there.

So i guess my question is, and maybe some of the longer term realtionship BM's can
    shed some light....Is this normal and to be expected, has anyone else witnessed their TG gain weght after living here a while, and does the weight gain platoe after a while.

In a way its probably a stupid question becuase ultimately if you eat enough of the wrong or even not to wong western food you gonna gain some weight, but at the same time i find it interesting as i have always had a interest in diet, diet related illness's and cultural differences in diets and the effects it can have on the body.

Now i am witnessing it 1st hand....

And yes i did get clearance from JK to ask about this ...555
    I think you are right to show some concern Sydney. A change of diet/culture is a big change in someone's life. You seem like a sensible eater yourself and I'm sure you'll watch over JK. Just watch that it doesn't balloon out of control... otherwise you'll have other issues like diabetes coming into play. But from what you have already written you seem up to speed with all the dangers...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Yes weight gain is an issue, but so is our sedentary way of life.
    Part of the clash of cultures wherein one has an endless oversupply of food and the other is hardwired not to waste any.
    I am always bordering on overeating but I don't leave any as Mrs will tend to finish it off and pack on the pounds as a result.
    Metabolism is an issue too if Mrs is working she burns the calories much faster than me.

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    PBB ... i hope your right about the being happy and content thingy !!! Mines put on weight AFTER she went back to Thailand ! Yes shes a very happy girl and working hard on a few things for when she comes back ! She seems to be very happy and content at the moment ! Mind you so am i !
    But to be honest , i'm not really worried if she gains a little weight or not ! As long as she doesn't turn into a Chang ! 555 However i have seen her weight fluctuate since ive known her a few times and have the feeling thats just her !
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    As long as it doesn't fluctuate in 9 month cycles...assuming that is not the plan.
    Quarky and PatongBeachBoy like this.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    TD's first Baby ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have to say since Noy has come here she has actually lost a little bit of weight. Between when I saw her in Feb and my last trip she put on 4 KG's and continued onces she arrived here. Since then has been very worried about her weight and been very careful and so far lost 2 kgs. I am happy no matter how she is. As all would know I am a big guy and weight on a girl is not an issue to me. I normally go for the girls with a little on them anyway.

I'm taking bets on you and Noy having the first TD child closely followed by AM!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I'm taking bets on you and Noy having the first TD child closely followed by AM!
    Give it 9 months and I will tell you the sex... Oh did I just drop that one???

Just kidding, no plan of babies yet....

Well now this would be a interesting bet...but shouldn't be betting on marriage dates 1ST??????

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Part of the clash of cultures wherein one has an endless oversupply of food and the other is hardwired not to waste any.

Couldn't agree more with this statement................she hates seen food thrown out!!
    jontymate likes this.

I guess it only counts if you know the child's name? I'm sure I must have hundreds of kids by now... or how else do you explain all those wee blond Isaaaarn kids that say "Sawadee-gidday mate krap eh!"?
    Sydney and jontymate like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

"how ya farkn goin karp?"
    wabbits and jontymate like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast