Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jontymate

Thread: I love my Thai MIL

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

I love my Thai MIL

Queens birthday and Mothers day tomorrow.

Ever since I walked into MIL house and seen pictures of my children taking pride of place. Her talking to her friends and family about her farang grandchildren. She has won my heart for ever.

"My granddaughter so beautiful and she will be smart going to University"
    "My Grandson aawwwee give me headache keep girl away from him" roughly translated.

I can do no wrong in her eyes. She should get a big surprise tomorrow. Dao should arrive about 11 am. With a small gold gift of course.

I wish I could be there to see her face but real life means I cannot.

I have arranged a special gift for Dao to arrive latter in the afternoon something personal from my children.
    Last edited by jontymate; 11th August 2011 at 20:58.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Lovely to read this JM. No doubt they all feel very lucky to have you come into their lives.
    Your children will no benefit from the relationship you all share too.
    Annie

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Sounds like you have a great MIL. I have only met Noy's mother once and it was a good first impression and I hope it will continue to a relationship like the 2 of you have. I think as my being able to speak Thai expands it should go that way. In any relationship , be it a BF and GF, or just friends, communication is always a key to keeping it together IMO.

It is funny. Dao let me know two weeks ago that I should have a good idea to surprise mum. She will only fly directly when I am not with her so I booked an over priced fare on Thai airlines. Then when I went to book a flight from BKK to Khon Kaen she tells me not to waste money she will spend the 6-10 hours on a bus.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Yet to meet M-I-L (hypothetical 555), but even though we cannot speak the same lingo she loves to chat with me on phone when TG rings 555. Get the feeling she is appreciative that I am looking after her daughter, who must be giving Mum the good oil that I am doing alright by her (hope so). TG, little sad today as all family have headed home for Mums day, and she will link up with all on Skype tonight. Looking forward to meeting M-I-L when over in October, though think nerves will kick in a bit closer to the date.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 12th August 2011 at 14:37.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I'll be meeting my MIL in 2 weeks and looking forward to it. We'll stay a night or 2 in BKK with Jo's Sister and Aunt to break the 1400km trip to Ubon Ratcahthani. I hope the BIG rains don't come to the region that week.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I have a healthy respect for MIL's Can't say I've ever loved any though...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I'll be meeting my MIL in 2 weeks and looking forward to it. We'll stay a night or 2 in BKK with Jo's Sister and Aunt to break the 1400km trip to Ubon Ratcahthani. I hope the BIG rains don't come to the region that week.
    FYI Rob. AirAsia BKK to Ubon Ratchathani $16AUD if you travel after the 6th. Friday sale so be quick if interested

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I have a healthy respect for MIL's Can't say I've ever loved any though...
    I can't get used to the MIL acronym. Keep thinking that someone left off the F from the end.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

MIL is nice. I will share an "F" story. One night Dao was sleeping I had way to much to drink with dad. MIL decided I needed a very cold shower and put to bed. I hated the Bath room. It did not even have a light. In my drunken state MIL helpt me to shower and put me to bed.

Next morning I paid dearly for my efforts from the previous night. Dao had a farang husband with a small you know what.
    MIL I say cold cold cold I see farang already.
    PatongBeachBoy and Annie like this.

Maae I love you. She does not have a TV but in an hour she will have Windows seven.

Mods where does Trip thing come from not me I always have internet condom

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    She looks like one very happy MIL.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Mother and daughter ... same same smile.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]