Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By MojitoZ

Thread: Do you have a Thai Name

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Do you have a Thai Name

Has your GF, Wife or any other Thai person given you a Thai Name?

I have been dubbed "Waan" by Noy and was from the second she met me. If you were to put that into the Thai Language website it would say that it is translated to "Sweet" But it in fact Translates to "Fat". I have no issues with being called this, as I am not the smallest person going around 55555. I actually find it rather cute and happy that I do have a Thai Name.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Bwuce Willis...by shop sales staff

Hansum man - ML

Sweet mouth - TG generally!
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I get called Owahn sounds like Owen but longer.
    Joy has called me that for a long time...refuses to call me darling which i think is good...though sometimes Darkling.5555555
    I here my name called quite a lot in LOS so i am forever looking around. Joy looks at me and says not you.5555
    I asked her what mean and she just says lovely lanuage...but all her family and friends smile...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Oh I see the Darkling used so many times. One of the things is that I am never referred to as farang by family. Not to my face anyway. I am sometimes called bpa ri ya (Hopefully that means my love but in fact it means I want something). Most of the time just by my first name.

When I am not getting my own way I am ngaawn.

When I call her by her full name she knows I am not happy THONGDAO. Not often though.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post

When I call her by her full name she knows I am not happy THONGDAO.
    Yeah Jonty, just like my mum used to when I was a kid, always the full name....
    For everyone else the nickname was always the way.

Mrs C has had three first name changes alomg the way so it's hard to keep up..555

Dunno If I have a Thai name, but if I have I hope it doesn't translate to "Buggalugs".
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Mrs C has had three first name changes alomg the way so it's hard to keep up..555

As in by law C1 ?, my TG did just that some years back, did not like her name so changed it.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    uwan is fat.....waan is sweet

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    When TG cheeky, I get called Hua Lone sometimes
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    uwan is fat.....waan is sweet
    your right Bacwaan... if she draws out the sound waaaaaaan it is sweet wan is fat....
    Thips family call me Bo Pen
    G4orce likes this.

MojitoZ
    King Kong 555
    Annie likes this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I have two r's in my actual name, so Nui changes it constantly to whatever is easist for her to say at the time. When she really wants something, and wants me to know she really wants something, then I am "teelak" ... but as soon as she uses it I laugh and ask her what she wants, so its become a bit of a joke between us.

To many massage girls, who seem to be fascinated by my chest hair, I am "gorilla." I do not think for the same reason that Dan has picked up the handle "King Kong" tho!! 55555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]