Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: TG Sulking

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

TG Sulking

Just want to share a different perspective on TG sulking.
    Dao is now home and I asked her why she does not want to phone MIL to tell her she arrived safely?

Mum and dad have a big problem not talk together good. Mum call to me and tell me bad things about dad.

Dad call to me and talk to me bad things about mum. They not have the good talking together and not have the same plan. They talk to me like they are children.

The solution was to shut down her phone and not talk to her family for 5 days punishment. This includes the start of the new month when she would send some money home.

She will hold out on talking to them and even hold out on the money. But if they not talk together good . I not do for much more time.
    vanguy77 and Spot like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Role reversals... you gotta love it.. 555
    Rivo likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Yes sulking 555, I did something wrong the other day (still not sure what 555) and asked TG a question, and she turned her head away not to look at me and not talk to me. My response was ask again, got same reaction, so then walked away saying, " If you want to be like that" and then went off to do something else, with the intention of ignoring her whilst in that mood. Within a minute or so TG had followed asking me what I wanted and past situation never mentioned again. No wonder the female species do our heads in.

Last night thought I was in the same boat again when started talking to TG, got no response, then noticed she had her Ipod on.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Sighhhhh.... Always remember that you are the Boss so it's "Up to you".
    Therefore, if you stir the pot, you expect a ****storm...its just the Thai way of things...555
    Spot likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Just want to share a different perspective on TG sulking.
    Dao is now home and I asked her why she does not want to phone MIL to tell her she arrived safely?

Mum and dad have a big problem not talk together good. Mum call to me and tell me bad things about dad.

Dad call to me and talk to me bad things about mum. They not have the good talking together and not have the same plan. They talk to me like they are children.

The solution was to shut down her phone and not talk to her family for 5 days punishment. This includes the start of the new month when she would send some money home.

She will hold out on talking to them and even hold out on the money. But if they not talk together good ……. I not do for much more time.
    What a wise lady she is .... you have a treasure there, jontymate. Just from the stories you've shared, it seems Dao has such a clear outlook on life, and the wisdom to know what to do in different situations.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Ijust poured my heart and sole out and hit reply to thread.... Where did it go???

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Ijust poured my heart and sole out and hit reply to thread.... Where did it go???
    C'mon Spot...no sulking...tell us what is up...555
    Minder likes this.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^Love th Avatar Namtan other than that i'm sulking tooooo....Where did i leave my bat and ball...

If i can retrieve wherever it went might save me half an hours typing. I opened up a bit......

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    If i can retrieve wherever it went might save me half an hours typing. I opened up a bit......
    Sometimes you can lose a post and it is frustrating i know..A big post i tend to just right click and copy.
    SO if i have any dramas i can just paste it back in...Will not help you this time.....Solly.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ah sulking.....best ignored...it usually goes away

I lost the first couple of posts of my first trip report, Spot. I now right the post in Word, and the copy/paste it into the thread.

The problem is, if you are not moving around on the forum occassionally, it sees you as abscent and kicks you off the site, making you sign back in again. If that happens, anything you have written and not saved goes poof.

If I am writing a spontaneously long post now, I do what wabs suggested and just copy it ever few lines, so if I do get booted, the post is still saved. That is tricky tho, because if you have a power failure, or your computer reboots for a windows update or something, then you lose the post and what you have in your copied.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Thanks team I will do it in word and then copy/paste- post

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Control + Z will retrieve lost posts usually, if done straight away.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    They should build these forums with a little save button somehwere in the post panel so its saves a draft to you account...then as you are typing you can hit save ocassionaly..........just a thought!
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

OK Cut and....

Ok since losing my last post I will try to start again however Vanguys story has me thinking about starting my own book as my Thai story is so different. But that will take time so I will cut to the chase on the Thai sulking thread.

I have often posted about last October's 24 days in Paradise – Isaan and my glowing reports of a miracle everyday, total love and acceptance by family and villagers. In the lost post I amended it to 21.5 days in paradise and 2.5 days in hell.

It was nice being the only English speaker and farang for a hundred miles until.....

Some where near the middle of the visit, S shut me down, wouldn't talk to me, look at me or acknowledge me, Day one thinking PMT, Day two absolutely miserable as she was my only communicator. Everyone else being normal but S treats me like I have just murdered her favourite dog. I ask what's wrong and she says talk Khun K (Australian Thai) – my phone doesn't work in the remote village so no help there...

New daughter M still caring and loving, family still caring and loving but what the hell have I done!!!!! I still to this day do not know!

Anyway Morning day three I get up from virtually no sleep and make my own coffee and sit smoking and waiting for the sun to appear over the rice fields trying to figure how I could get to the airport and go home as I was feeling extremely unwelcome by the most important love of my life and would not be able to survive this treatment.

S comes out and say What Wrong?

That was the straw, broke down in tears, all my built up waiting to come back, learning the no touch culture, being chaperoned the ENTIRE TIME, then being shut down. How the hell was I going to put all this into words that she might understand.

I say; I love you, you say you love me, Why no XOX? why not touch? why no sx? She holds my hand and hugs me and says talk Khun K as though I am a child who has stuffed up...... Still no explanation....

This is a chapter in my book so will break it down quite a bit....

Ok get Khun K on S Phone, I tell K what I felt and explained that I don't need much just a hug and a kiss every now and then so S not lose face in front of family, but the shutdown has fkd me over big time. Go give phone to S who is sitting around the corner with her back to me. K and S talk for 20 minutes, I get 2 coffees and twenty cigarettes in. K says I not get involved.... End of phone.

S takes me by the hand and we walk back to Yais house, touches me discreetly publicly openly inside car and in front of M. Re assures me everything Ok and goes back to being in love with me. Takes me awhile but I begin to relax and go back to paradise. S even apologises at the airport when sending me home and apologises on the phone, but still no explanation.

I recall picking up her newly bought Chinese astrology chart book which I couldn't read and placed open face down on the bed. I recall that after the phone call to K She dissapeared and then came back happy. It turned out she went to the gypsy fortune teller and she cleared us....

A good mate with a Thai wife said not to worry she probably had a bad dream and was punishing me for what I did in that dream. It still bugs me as everything else was so beautiful...

Phew got it out.......... Reading everybody else's sexual reincarnation stories and bar drinking with mates, I am starting to think "was i in the same Thailand"?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Had similar experiences Spot and without explanation too!... But I'm sure if I think about it I could have also given the cold shoulder once or twice!
    Spot likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Phew got it out.......... Reading everybody else's sexual reincarnation stories and bar drinking with mates, I am starting to think "was i in the same Thailand"?
    Wow, you do have the patience of Job!! "No touch" policy??!! I'd die ... Nui never tried to impose that on me, thank god, tho we did not do a lot of "touching" around the family. Then to have her go into a mood ... I can completely relate to how difficult that must have been.

There are some very different standards in Thai culture, from what i am gathering tho. I have spoken extensively on skype to a Thai businesslady, in her mid 30's, who works and lives in Rayong. We met through the website "sharetalk.com" btw ... I've mentioned it before, is a good site. Anyways, she is in love with an Italian guy, who comes to LOS to visit her as often as he can. We have some pretty frank discussions and I've asked her how the sex is with him, but she has said, "Oh no, we not have sex before married." So here is a Thai lady, in her 30's, not a virgin ... but will not have sex with the Italian guy because it is just not proper. I should mention, she is originally from the north and she is very much a traditionalist. Her family is very well off, owning quite a bit of land in the north as well, so I am not sure if a families economic status affects the values they adopt.
    Spot likes this.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Wow, you do have the patience of Job!! "No touch" policy??!! I'd die ... Nui never tried to impose that on me, thank god, tho we did not do a lot of "touching" around the family. Then to have her go into a mood ... I can completely relate to how difficult that must have been.
    Speaking from a small sample area, but TG's who have worked the Industry and those that don't the No Touch policy is poles apart.

Re the family I am still be chastised for a little kiss and cuddle attempt after a few Leo's in the family home from two months ago. 555
    Spot likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast