Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The plunge

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

The plunge

[SIZE=3]When we take that plunge into something more permanent than a casual meeting and think about maybe a future....What goes through your mind?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I wonder how many might now take a different track[/SIZE]?
    [SIZE=3]I love this term, "Mail order bride".....If only.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]This is not an easy thing to do and or maintain with no certainty of a good ending.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I think about myself and the drama I had over just the cultural aspects.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Still have though not as much.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]We focus on the good but let it be know that there is a bad side.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Sometimes things from your partner can blindside you and seem to make no sense!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I am constantly amazed about reactions that are complete opposite to what I expected.555[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]This road I have stepped upon is one that should be thought about as it will change your life forever!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For some it will not be for the better but for some the rewards are great and for some they completely miss the point.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Thailand seems to be a place for the true believer and the emotional retard and I don’t think in equal measure.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Thai’s being the resourceful little fellows and fellowettes have found a market, well a couple..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For me it’s a road full of surprise and delight coupled with pure frustration and many other emotions…Would I change it?... Not on your Nelly mate![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]What about you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]How do you feel about your, others relationships?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If you had your time again would you become a mongerer?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]What do you see as your biggest hurdle?[/SIZE]
    (;-)

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    So many interesting questions.

Hurdles for us. When Dao 1st arrived the land of opportunity was not there due to lack a education. So employment opportunities were limited. This is slowly being overcome. She will go to uni mid next year all going well. But to study what will change 15 times from now till then.

The other thing that is always in the back of my mind is that one day even through we have (Written) plans of the time frame of when we spend more time in LOS and I do not see myself ever 100% full time there will change as the parents get much older. Look at how a plan for 1 day changes if you let them loose.

TG Stigma..... yes still touches a nerve for both of us occasionally. Even hits my children at times which hurts the most but very limited.

How easily influenced by friends and family both positive and negative without going to search independent facts and make and educated informed decision.

Lack of planning lack of planning lack of planning. To reactionary and to leave leadership and being proactive to someone else.

Monger life not me. (Note long term anyway) I generally do not fit in with that group of people, not because of their choice in lifestyle, but generally just negative people that drag you down to a level of negativity. A group of drinking buddies but rarely true friendships.

Said it before she is
    Best Mate
    She is one of the few people that will tell me the truth about my self and be gentle about it. A roller needs a good tune up at certain intervals.
    My Nemesis.
    Frustrating to the point of walking way many times usually to find it was something simple. But some things were very hard to compromise on, on both parts.

Swap no way. She save me from being an Alcoholic lonely old man with no scene of family.

She looks after me and my children like no other women that I have ever met. My part of the deal is go to work, not sit around all day drinking and earn a dollar to make the world go round.
    Sydney likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

^^Time management is a common problem as the 2 clocks never seem to have the same rythem....

Interesting about the uneducated comments we hear either directed at us or as a bye the bye.
    One that comes up from time to time is that all TG's are hookers which is as we know not true, the true % is about .05% of Thai women.

Education is a biggy as it will have an impact on what a TG can do in Oz.
    Even then its not a given as a well speaking TG may still find many doors closed.
    A little like an Indian or such doctor who sweeps floors in a Oz hospital as no recognition of his qualifcation...

Good point on drinking buddies they are only buddies while your drinking!
    Having spent time in Patts have seen the worst side of that and there are many VERY jaded and hardened expats that see BG's more like cattle to used and thrown tid bits.
    Sitting in a bar and staying sober for an evening can teach you many things..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    [SIZE=3]When we take that plunge into something more permanent than a casual meeting and think about maybe a future....What goes through your mind?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]We focus on the good but let it be know that there is a bad side.[/SIZE]

Yes, but we need some examples....

[SIZE=3]Sometimes things from your partner can blindside you and seem to make no sense!![/SIZE]

As above

[SIZE=3]I am constantly amazed about reactions that are complete opposite to what I expected.555[/SIZE]

As above

[SIZE=3]This road I have stepped upon is one that should be thought about as it will change your life forever!![/SIZE]

As Above

[SIZE=3]For some it will not be for the better but for some the rewards are great and for some they completely miss the point.[/SIZE]

As Above

[SIZE=3]How do you feel about your, others relationships?
    [/SIZE]

I feel very fortunate that I was found by the person who found me, when they did.
    The mere fact that they persisted with me was amazing enough, but to believe that that someone wanted me above all others? That was mind blowing.

I know that things like this are rare, so I can accept that not all other relationships are exactly like mine. However that does not mean that other's relationships are any less valuable, rewarding or mind blowing.

[SIZE=3]If you had your time again would you become a mongerer?[/SIZE]

I don't think I would graduate from "Mongering school". It takes a hard heart to do that and although I'm nobody's softie I'm just not that good at giving in the school of hard knocks.

[SIZE=3]What do you see as your biggest hurdle?[/SIZE]

By far the biggest hurdle for me is getting used to allowing someone to so completely take care of me. I'm always expecting to wake up and find it's all been a dream or some kind of trick.
    Would love to see some examples to reinforce some of the good points made up there??
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Would love to see some examples to reinforce some of the good points made up there??

Yes, but we need some examples....
    This will never be the same for us what I am trying to say that we don’t always talk about the miscommunication and the arguments that follow.
    “The bad” For me has been not being able to read a situation and blundering in and making it worse for her and me, this makes me angry and her hurt.
    “Point of view” She is a bitch and I cant understand her..how can I say this with closed ears??
    The bad is learning to understand the real problem not so easy and takes energy at times.

Culture culture culture and she is a woman

Culture culture culture and she is a woman

The way she loves the focus of her love the real I am in it with you no matter what and meaning it.

I think those that miss the point are the ones that would most likely miss it anywhere they go that is life.
    Impatience and selfishness are 2 things that will lead you to a rocky road with a TG.
    We are all different they are all different.

As i go on and learn more it is a rocky road in the way many TG are met and that factor alone will impact on the outcome.

On not being able to read someone

Mrs C is slow to anger but once there is something quite formidable and not easily calmed.
    I on the other hand have a much shorter fuse and tend to fly off the handle when something exasperates me.

On the cultural side when I see someone do something, apparently without thinking my instinct kicks in.
    WE are currently learning to drive and the opportunities for conflict have multiplied.

I gave her quite a broadside after an incident in traffic during a "Lesson" the other day and it left her quite shocked as the adrenalin kicked in.
    BUT WE TALKED ABOUT IT as soon as possible after the event and I began by apologizing for my outburst.
    As we talked, she said that the teaching she had in Thailand in that situation was quite different to what we do here.

On another occasion I became exasperated during a lesson as I failed and failed to impart the knowledge needed to simply move the car from point A to point B and said some things that were less than positive which literally made her lose the will to continue with learning to drive. It was completely unfair of me and I said so as soon as possible after the lesson.

Mrs C has quite good English, so I am very fortunate. I know some are not and the problems I have had must pale in comparison. Sometimes though I get so tired of trying to understand something that she is trying to say to me in English and simply say to her "I have no idea what you are trying to say to me". I know its a cop out, but the feeling that accompanies something like this is one of deep despair, and comes along after a long period of listening and interpreting which literally drains your energy.

When we were going for the temporary partner visa I began to learn what it really takes to make something like this work.

We had done the TV, the extension to the TV and the Fiance visa. I had worked and worked at it smiled and smiled and paid and paid like never before and still they wanted us to jump through more and more hoops and give the same information over and over again. I have to admit that the visa process was a real mentally testing and an emotional low point for me and I started seriously considering the alternatives. Do I send her back to Thailand and just visit two or three times a year?

But still we go on.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    On not being able to read someone

Mrs C is slow to anger but once there is something quite formidable and not easily calmed.
    I on the other hand have a much shorter fuse and tend to fly off the handle when something exasperates me.

On the cultural side when I see someone do something, apparently without thinking my instinct kicks in.
    WE are currently learning to drive and the opportunities for conflict have multiplied.

I gave her quite a broadside after an incident in traffic during a "Lesson" the other day and it left her quite shocked as the adrenalin kicked in.
    BUT WE TALKED ABOUT IT as soon as possible after the event and I began by apologizing for my outburst.
    As we talked, she said that the teaching she had in Thailand in that situation was quite different to what we do here.

On another occasion I became exasperated during a lesson as I failed and failed to impart the knowledge needed to simply move the car from point A to point B and said some things that were less than positive which literally made her lose the will to continue with learning to drive. It was completely unfair of me and I said so as soon as possible after the lesson.

Mrs C has quite good English, so I am very fortunate. I know some are not and the problems I have had must pale in comparison. Sometimes though I get so tired of trying to understand something that she is trying to say to me in English and simply say to her "I have no idea what you are trying to say to me". I know its a cop out, but the feeling that accompanies something like this is one of deep despair, and comes along after a long period of listening and interpreting which literally drains your energy.

When we were going for the temporary partner visa I began to learn what it really takes to make something like this work.

We had done the TV, the extension to the TV and the Fiance visa. I had worked and worked at it smiled and smiled and paid and paid like never before and still they wanted us to jump through more and more hoops and give the same information over and over again. I have to admit that the visa process was a real mentally testing and an emotional low point for me and I started seriously considering the alternatives. Do I send her back to Thailand and just visit two or three times a year?

But still we go on.
    C1 re the driving lessons similar situation, sometimes you cannot stop your mouth from opening and saying something, when you know you should count to 5 at least beforehand. I must admit when TG's driving confidence goes up, your stress level will lower, trust me 555.

Re the understanding of English again similar, TG has a reasonable grasp of English, but sometimes for the life of me, just cannot understand what she is attempting to say to me (Usually it is just one word), this is when she gets frustrated and upset that I cannot understand her, them berates herself that she is not good at english (when she is ok) , and I am trying my best to work it out and then berates me for been a dumb twat 555. With perserverance we usually work it out, TG wants to quit but I keep niggling so we get a result.

Re the Visa, a long road I am possibly heading with a lot of apprehension, but if they want you to jump through hoops with more info, proof etc, would your continual jumping through the hoop, show them you are deadly serious and want this Visa, whatever it takes.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Is mongering in the male DNA? No matter how much I love someone... I cannot imagine ever being with the same woman for the rest of my life. It feels unnatural. Is this just me... or do all men feel like this? I feel like I owe it to my species and my genes to give them the best chance of replication I can... fighting against nature to obey man made principles feels unnatural to me...

Women are different. It is in their interest to be only be with one mate...

By the way... I did a large study on this topic at university in my anthropology paper... so I blame that... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is mongering in the male DNA? No matter how much I love someone... I cannot imagine ever being with the same woman for the rest of my life. It feels unnatural. Is this just me... or do all men feel like this? ....
    Have an air sickness bag ready DP before you read this ...

My response to that line of thought is that it is perfectly natural to feel that way (I certainly did) ... until you meet her.

Then all bets are off.

Mills and Boon out.
    Life is the unexpected ...

I always say that respect is the big one that sustains a marriage ( so I should know as I am on my third one ?? )

So maybe I do know more about how to make a marriage fail than make it last.... but even so I think that if you don't find yourself telling others - at least now and then - how much you admire your partner because of the way they can dot dot dot so much better than you then the long prognosis for that relationship is not good.

Mrs M is better than me in a lot of ways - yes, driving a car may not be one of them at this stage - though I guess you could argue in figures that Mrs M and Mrs C have both had less accidents and been caught for speeding less than we have....hmmmm...lies, damn lies and statistics....I digress...

I honestly think that Mrs M is a better person than I am - the world would be a better place if everyone was more like her instead of more like me - and I do respect and admire her –

but just when I am thinking she really has it all together so much better than I...just then...along will come some absurd cultural issue....some deep seated peasant belief.... some twisted logic that belongs to the superstitious ages past....and you find yourself having to live with it and deal with it.....someone once said to me you know for sure that you have married a Thai “when you find yourself apologising for something you did in the dream she had last night”. ... yeah, that made me laugh (it still does) but it is SO TRUE.

On the one hand they can be intuitive, calm and possess amazing insight - on the other hand they will consider significant actions or major decisions based solely on what a fortune teller told a friend might happen to someone who she and the friend think might have been me.....

Enjoy.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^^Time management is a common problem as the 2 clocks never seem to have the same rythem....

Interesting about the uneducated comments we hear either directed at us or as a bye the bye.
    One that comes up from time to time is that all TG's are hookers which is as we know not true, the true % is about .05% of Thai women.

Education is a biggy as it will have an impact on what a TG can do in Oz.
    Even then its not a given as a well speaking TG may still find many doors closed.
    A little like an Indian or such doctor who sweeps floors in a Oz hospital as no recognition of his qualifcation...

Good point on drinking buddies they are only buddies while your drinking!
    Having spent time in Patts have seen the worst side of that and there are many VERY jaded and hardened expats that see BG's more like cattle to used and thrown tid bits.
    Sitting in a bar and staying sober for an evening can teach you many things..
    Good point about the drinking buddies from you too Wabbs, have a mate/associate who has a bar in Patong, and always go in to say hello, shoot the breeze over the past 3 trips have been doing this, but each trip less time there, as same same blokes on the bar stools talking about the same same things. I know a few friends who are closer friends to the bar owner, and go there everyday when they are on holidays, but thats not for me, last trip dropped in for one beer and out of there, just as a courtesy thing. This thinking was why I also did not venture to MTB, nothing against the venue or Nicke, as I don't know either, but not keen to mix it up with keyboard jockeys giving a blow by blow decription of their mongering conquests, and as someone said the way they talk about the BG's. I pretty sure if I heard someone using the expression "Farm Fresh (which I hate) I would be making some enemies very quickly.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I always say that respect is the big one that sustains a marriage ( so I should know as I am on my third one ?? )

So maybe I do know more about how to make a marriage fail than make it last.... but even so I think that if you don't find yourself telling others - at least now and then - how much you admire your partner because of the way they can dot dot dot so much better than you then the long prognosis for that relationship is not good.

Mrs M is better than me in a lot of ways - yes, driving a car may not be one of them at this stage - though I guess you could argue in figures that Mrs M and Mrs C have both had less accidents and been caught for speeding less than we have....hmmmm...lies, damn lies and statistics....I digress...

I honestly think that Mrs M is a better person than I am - the world would be a better place if everyone was more like her instead of more like me - and I do respect and admire her –

but just when I am thinking she really has it all together so much better than I...just then...along will come some absurd cultural issue....some deep seated peasant belief.... some twisted logic that belongs to the superstitious ages past....and you find yourself having to live with it and deal with it.....someone once said to me you know for sure that you have married a Thai “when you find yourself apologising for something you did in the dream she had last night”. ... yeah, that made me laugh (it still does) but it is SO TRUE.

On the one hand they can be intuitive, calm and possess amazing insight - on the other hand they will consider significant actions or major decisions based solely on what a fortune teller told a friend might happen to someone who she and the friend think might have been me.....

Enjoy.
    But then never never ask where can I find this in the Buddhism teachings to help me to understand. No answer. Ok I ask the monk next time at the temple. Blow up, why you not believe me. Its true you never see before. I see many times. My bother bring bad luck to my family. Why? he crash motor bike and MB just know finished. FIL and brother full as a boot hit a pot hole while FIL was driving but the brother riding pillion brought the bad luck. Brother therefore sent to live with Grandma for three months and go to the temple every day.

When we down sized to this house we are in now I wanted her to have input because the last one was mine and this one is ours(Chosen together).

Aspect? No. Land size and upkeep? No. Functionality for entertaining? No. Potenioel for capital growth? No. Street number? Bingo, Good luck for our life together.
    Minder likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I was with a mate on the weekend and we were running errands for his wifes new massage shop, she had bought some paintings and furniture from a Thai importer here in Melbourne.... It was a hectic weekend as so much had to be done to finish the shop for the grand opening today, to put it mildly the stress levels were rather high from both him and his wife... We knew that the shop was near Morrabbin Airport and we both knew how to get there... As we got closer Dave started to try ring his wife, he repeatedly tried the shop, his home and her mobile... she finally answered and he gave her a serve "why you not answer phone?" "Oh Ling I knew it was you, I not think important!"...
    "AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
    "Why you angry Ling?"
    "I call you so many times and you not answer phone"
    "But I know it not important Ling"
    "HONEY" in a stern voice "I need the bloody address for the Thai shop"
    "Oooh, Is that all... see I knew it not important"
    By this stage I'm rolling around in the front seat laughing hysterically which I must add was not helping the situation...
    "Ling you know the street with the pretty tree, you turn there"
    "WHAT FUKEN PRETTY TREE..... JUST CALL THEM AND GET THE ADDRESS FOR ME... NO JUST GIVE ME THE NUMBER AND i WILL CALL THEM!!!"
    "OK Ling its 12345333222.... Ling you have such hot heart"
    "ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH" as he hung up
    "Mate this is the sh1t I have to put up with, and she wonders why I'm going bald..... It's like I'm living with a kid sometimes"
    He paused for a moment and looked over at me "you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way" as he burst into laughter!
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 2nd November 2011 at 17:46.
    G4orce and jontymate like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    This thinking was why I also did not venture to MTB, nothing against the venue or Nicke, as I don't know either, but not keen to mix it up with keyboard jockeys giving a blow by blow decription of their mongering conquests, and as someone said the way they talk about the BG's. I pretty sure if I heard someone using the expression "Farm Fresh (which I hate) I would be making some enemies very quickly.
    I think you have the wrong impression of Nicke and the MTB bar AM.

I am no regular at the MTB, I have only been to his bar 3 times, I will be back in January though. Nicke and his wife Eade go out of there way to make you and your TG welcome, great hosts and there staff were good too. I had a couple of nights drinking with Nicke and he is the first to say PI has grown bigger than he expected, with that all types of people are attracted, his reason for starting the forum was for holiday makers and families to find out about Phuket, and general information, hence the name.

I had a few drinks with different people at the MTB and they were a mixture of characters, some good people and friendly and helpful, Nicke makes sure your introduced to some regulars from Phuket and his Forum, I met Damaz twice and he was a great bloke and gave us a few tips on whats around Phuket.

Next time you are in Phuket try it for yourself, I think you will be surprised.

BTW I know all bars are out to get you to spend the coin, thats there livelyhood, once you feel welcolme somewhere you generally go back.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Not sure I have the wrong impression,from what I have read Nicke and Ead run a great place and make everyone welcome, and was not casting any aspersions on them, more so on some people (who I have read posts from over yonder) who not that keen to do a meet up, that tend to congregate there. Certain that this is only a small percentage of their clientele so will give the MTB ago next time when in town.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 2nd November 2011 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Have an air sickness bag ready DP before you read this ...

My response to that line of thought is that it is perfectly natural to feel that way (I certainly did) ... until you meet her.

Then all bets are off.

Mills and Boon out.
    Actually I said it wrong... I could stay with one girl all my life... but have sex with only one girl? That's where my problems start. After a week with the same girl.... for some reason my sex drive shuts down. But show me a different girl... and it starts up again... and this happens no matter how much I love them or are in-love with them. I just need the body shape to change or I am desensitised to them... it's bloody annoying. And I can't believe I am alone in feeling this.

Actually those guys who have like a 100 harem wives... may not be so silly... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

DP Its simple.
    You show a young Bull a paddock full of young heifers and he's going to go at it with whoever he wants.
    But just try getting him interested in yesterdays GF...555

Actually I said it wrong... I could stay with one girl all my life... but have sex with only one girl? That's where my problems start. After a week with the same girl.... for some reason my sex drive shuts down. But show me a different girl... and it starts up again... and this happens no matter how much I love them or are in-love with them. I just need the body shape to change or I am desensitised to them... it's bloody annoying. And I can't believe I am alone in feeling this.

Actually those guys who have like a 100 harem wives... may not be so silly... 555
    You just need a girl to do a bit of dress up, then you can do the librarian the police girl the air hosty the nurse the dominatrix the school girl...see problem solved.5555555

DP Its simple.
    You show a young Bull a paddock full of young heifers and he's going to go at it with whoever he wants.
    But just try getting him interested in yesterdays GF...555
    Two bulls were on a hill, overlooking a herd of heifers below.

The young bull says, "Hey, why don't we run down there and screw a few of those heifers?"

The old, wise bull shakes his head and says, "Nah, why don't we walk down there and screw all of them?

Nope, my problems come from the reverse of that situation ...... having finally found someone who ticks all my boxes, the last thing I would want to do is throw it all away for a stray root or a need for variety .... for me that would be a bad deal....a dead loss...... I can actually get bored looking at other women now .... we were at the Cup lunch at one of the local bars .... lots of pretty looking young women ... all dressed up .... sure, they looked nice ... but for me that same desensitised feeling you mention ... Mr Happy just stares at the floor, if you get what I mean.

Same same in Soi Cowboy, I enjoy the view, I have a good time but it is a zero sexual turn on for me.

Enjoy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast