Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: TG First Visit

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

TG First Visit

Now that there has been many that have had visits and visits pending.

What what the first things that your TG did / Amazed about.

To Kick off watched me drink tap water for three days and not get sick before she would try.
    The usual. I thought you said you clean your house.

NO "A" Grade rice here.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Thip took pictures of the Bin truck one day while I was at work, I got home and she was so excited to show me... you can imagine my response 555
    Minder and Gazmac like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Can relate to nearly all above, the tap water, the rice and unbelievably the rubbish truck 555.

First significant thing in the first few days was having a bubble bath at the hotel, had never done that before.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Can relate to nearly all above, the tap water, the rice and unbelievably the rubbish truck 555.

First significant thing in the first few days was having a bubble bath at the hotel, had never done that before.
    Are you talking about your first visit to Thailand or TGs to Australia... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Are you talking about your first visit to Thailand or TGs to Australia... 555
    Yes I re read that and easily read either way 555. Actually have never had a soapie and that was the plan until relationship intervened

TG first visit to Aus or the west. I forget 1. Where the water to clean my bum. Paper not enough for clean good. Put the toilet paper in the bin not the loo.
    Paper plate washed up after BBQ.

WOW very very big cool machine.

Burnt her hand on the hot tap. in the kitchen.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Wash all clothes by hand as washing machine not good!

Why cannot go to chemist to get pill????

Where are all the people......

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Insisted that hot water not good for your skin - so she tried to have a shower with only cold water.
    This was June and our coldest winter for 40 years.
    Goose bumps the size of golf balls
    She only tried that once....

Picked all the fruit off the fruit tree in the garden because she was sure someone would streal it if she left it there....

Showed her an esky (insulated) bag and explained that it would keep food things hot or cold longer - "if it is hot it will stay hot, if it is cold it will stay cold longer" - first time she tried it out she put both hot and cold items in the bag together.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Had to buy a Thai broom. The rest not work good. Especially the air floor machine (Vacuum)
    G4orce likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I'll never forget, on the way into Perth from the airport.

"Where is everybody?".
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

"Where is everybody?".
    Must admit i say that about Perth in general.5555555
    Mrs W was saying that she loves when we drive somewhere, its not really like a city so quick to go somewhere.
    Never that many on the roads.
    The other one was....Why everyone have such big house or how many people live here??

Where is all the motor bikes until the 1st winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

"Where is everybody?".
    Everybody say's that about Perth!

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Showed her an esky (insulated) bag and explained that it would keep food things hot or cold longer - "if it is hot it will stay hot, if it is cold it will stay cold longer" - first time she tried it out she put both hot and cold items in the bag together.

Enjoy.
    Can't blame her for that..... silly Falang speak no good! 555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Thip took pictures of the Bin truck one day while I was at work, I got home and she was so excited to show me... you can imagine my response 555

Do you mean Robocop?....555

Can't have yellow car here, same Robocop....

Oh they are not all funny. Pappa wants a new car? You do not have to buy just pay monthly repayments.
    But pappa eyes are no good and he will not drive very far......... Yes.
    True he not drive it But he want everybody know I have good man.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Noys first visit to Aust we encounted a few "Amazing" Things. The first thing was her walking out of the airport to a wall of cold wind, The look of shock when she felt it was priceless :P. The next thing was her glued to the car window looking at all the cars and lack of Motorbikes. She was also amazed at the amount of cows that were in paddocks and how big they were. When it came to her first toilet use she yelled out to me, "Galy, where I put paper, no have bin" when I told her that it could be flushed she argued the point saying that the toilet will break and water go everywhere... I have to say the most "Amazing" Thing was the Oven... She baked cookies and sat in front of the oven until they were baked, photos were taken every few minutes and the excitment when the timer went off was like a kid at Christmas.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    For Jeab, on arrival at Gold Coast, it was cold but i had bought her a great jacket and although she hated carrying it thru KL airport, she was very happy to have it on the ground.
    She was amazed when we went and watched guy's surfing, and getting in the tube, when they popped out she was clapping and jumping up and down. She had never seen active surf, 2-3m high and was scared/reserved about going on the beach, expecting it to be like a Tsunami.

Then on the plane to Townsville, she kept looking out the window at all the empty land for as far as the eye could see, and she kept asking "Still Australia?" Yews darling, this just little little bit of Australia. When we got home I showed her on a map how we had travelled about 60cm on the map, " Ohh NOooo!"
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

A few notables on arriving.

The Toilet scenario, the bin in my toilet usually emptied once a quarter, now twice a week. Had set up toilet out near laundy with "Bum Gun" but rarely used as other toilet in ensuite had "heat lights" (was a cold winter though).

Got a phone call one day to say the Washing Clothes thing was trying to get out the door (Vibrating across floor on the spin cycle).

Had plenty of trouble with the Oven with the timer but so do I, as when we have a power outage it needs resetting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast