Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Christmas and your TG

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Christmas and your TG

So this year will be my first year having Noy down for Christmas. She has been so excited, calling my Santa and singing "Lingle Bell" everytime Christmas has been mentioned. I have been asking for Noy to hit around at what I can buy her for Christmas and the 2 options I have been given constantly are an Ipod and Thai Gold (who would have thought...) I think I am going to go with the Ipod as I fell Gold is not a thing for Christmas no matter how much she wants it. Noy will also be here for her first Western New Years and then my Birthday, very good time of the year for a Visa.

Whats everyone plans for Christmas this year? Be it your TG is in LOS or she is with you. Does your TG even celebrate Christmas, as I know most Thai's wont.

Every year we have a family Christmas, the extended family will all get together and celebrate it at the designation house for the year. This year I am luck enought o not be rostered on to work Christmas Day or for New Years, and just my luck I have my Birthday off as well. I have not been one for the festive season over the past few years but this year I am excited

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    gold can be a nightmare and is one of the big problems that I see come between TGs and their partners/husbands

TGs see gold as currency and we think of it as a sentimental keepsake when we give it in the form of jewellery....once you buy it you may find it is missing and in the hock shop to meet family's urgent requests for money.....without you being consulted....so you feel betrayed and then if it is not paid back you will be the one who is required to pay to get it back..often way more than what she got for it....so then you have paid for it twice (or more it is a revolving door).....not a nice feeling...so if it is at all avoidable gor for the alternative every time

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. We give gifts so that it is kept and it is insulting having that gift given/sold away Just before Noy came to Aust this time around she wanted to go to Patong to see her sister and friends. I did not agree with it and at the time every cent i had was being saved so i could get over to LOS so said i was not paying for it. She said she had money in her savings to be able to pay for it herself. I found out a month later she sold her gold necklace to fund the trip...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Look on the bright side, If she was WT you would have been bled dry anyway and you have possibly even lost a diamond ring or a house back here? Women are women are women. I reccomend 2 books by an expat pom now living in Isaan.

Thai Girl and My Thai girl and I by Andrew Hicks. Truly helpful and insightful and full of the same frustratiosn I have gone through.
    Thai Girl 2004 by Andrew Hicks - A romantic and touching story that tells what happens when young travellers meet Thais

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. We give gifts so that it is kept and it is insulting having that gift given/sold away Just before Noy came to Aust this time around she wanted to go to Patong to see her sister and friends. I did not agree with it and at the time every cent i had was being saved so i could get over to LOS so said i was not paying for it. She said she had money in her savings to be able to pay for it herself. I found out a month later she sold her gold necklace to fund the trip...
    For TGs their gold is their savings.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Hey G4 what did you end up getting Noy for Xmas?

I have struggled a bit to get something for jk as she is not really into presents as such and tells me she doen't need anything....5555 At this stage i am looking at getting her a desk...yep a desk becuase thats what she needs in our room to put things into, at least thats the only thing she tells me she wants and needs...5555555

What about anyone else.....what are you getting for your TG or wife, here or still in LOS
    Last edited by Sydney; 13th December 2011 at 12:03.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    When I ask Dao the answer is always the same gold , fake boobs or both. This year though she wants a Singer (Sowing Machine).

I know most Thai's do not really celebrate Christmas but Dao gets great joy out of buying something for her Parents. It is only usually a small item and value but she gets more joy out of sending than I think she does in getting anything.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore"