Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Time Line - Take 2

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Time Line - Take 2

A lot of us are in different stages of TG relationships and be interesting to hear especially from BM's who have gone the distance or are close, to see the time lines of their relationships from meet and how, to the initial Visa, follow up, Fiancee Visa etc, popping the question etc etc.

I know everyone is different so we should get a lot of diversity.

I am a mere newbie but I will kick off proceedings.

First Contact : February 11 through TLL on Internet
    First In Person Contact: May 11 in Thailand
    First Visa: July 11 to Oz 3 months
    Meet Family October 11 in Thailand
    Second Visa : January 12 in Oz 3 months

sorry folks thats where we are at, well in 5 days anyway.

so to follow "hypothetically" 555
    Next Visa (eg fiancee)
    Engagement & how done with family etc
    next steps along the way ???
    Marriage, where , how etc.

Hope this is not been intrusive, just think good to see how some BM's handled it.

As I was saying to PBB the other night, cannot get any advice from people where we live about this as they have nought experience or knowledge, this Forum is our sounding board.

Every relationship is different but my reasoning is trying to see with a relationship when both parties are not together all the time, when BM's made the ultimate move etc. Interested in when the engagement entered into the equation for most.

THOSE THAT POSTED IN TAKE 1, please post here again
    Spot and singhma like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    First contact: Feb 2010
    First Visa: May 2010
    Second Visa: Nov 2010
    Third Visa: April 2010
    Fourth Visa: Now
    Migration: Pending
    So 2 years in a couple of weeks for us, it has been a long time but has seemed to go quickly... but if I look back on that first trip it feels like a life time ago!
    I'm guessing we will have a simple wedding towards the end of the year.... kids... out of the question!! 555
    singhma and Cilla like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

singhma
    Hello Arliss..I have read many things about Sin Sot and Thai engagements..weddings and rings..
    For us..Mrs S said why do you think you have to pay Sin sot..As Mrs S has always looked after mother,daughter and sister..well we have anyway she said that is enough.AS we continue to give mother income from our land..she grows produce and sells daily also we give some pay monthly..not to much..If we did not do this I think Sin Sot would have been the answer..
    Also Mrs S wanted to be married at Civil Office In BKK as it is good luck for a lot of Thai women..and the only jewellery was a gold necklace and bracelet as Mrs S says most Thai's don't wear rings..
    Engagement was in Village ..we all cooked and had a bit of party..Mrs S choice..
    After the Civil Wedding.we had another party..we all cooked again and that was it..not a big expense..Mrs S again made the choice..
    For me this was a big learning curve..but I trusted my wife as that is the way she wanted this..We went on honeymoon of course..my idea..
    Talk in person with nearly Mrs M and what she wants..to have a happy medium.
    Mrs S was more excited when she had Mrs put on all her documents ..to her this meant a great deal..
    Different cultures and completely different from big Aussie weddings..

Have fun

Cheers
    Singhma

Quote Originally Posted by singhma View Post
    Hello Arliss..I have read many things about Sin Sot and Thai engagements..weddings and rings..
    For us..Mrs S said why do you think you have to pay Sin sot..As Mrs S has always looked after mother,daughter and sister..well we have anyway she said that is enough.AS we continue to give mother income from our land..she grows produce and sells daily also we give some pay monthly..not to much..If we did not do this I think Sin Sot would have been the answer..
    Also Mrs S wanted to be married at Civil Office In BKK as it is good luck for a lot of Thai women..and the only jewellery was a gold necklace and bracelet as Mrs S says most Thai's don't wear rings..
    Engagement was in Village ..we all cooked and had a bit of party..Mrs S choice..
    After the Civil Wedding.we had another party..we all cooked again and that was it..not a big expense..Mrs S again made the choice..
    For me this was a big learning curve..but I trusted my wife as that is the way she wanted this..We went on honeymoon of course..my idea..
    Talk in person with nearly Mrs M and what she wants..to have a happy medium.
    Mrs S was more excited when she had Mrs put on all her documents ..to her this meant a great deal..
    Different cultures and completely different from big Aussie weddings..

Have fun

Cheers
    Singhma
    Good post Singhma... you might consider cut and pasting into the sin sod thread

singhma
    Hello ...I should read the OP post better and not ramble on..and go off topic..

The joys of being old..

Singhma
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by singhma View Post
    Hello ...I should read the OP post better and not ramble on..and go off topic..

The joys of being old..

Singhma
    It would be good to see your timeline here though
    Spot likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    OK here is mine...

Meet online at TLL ................................................8t h March 2009
    1st Physical Meet.............................................. .........10th July 2009
    1st Aus Visit for 3 mths on Tourist Visa.......................20th Feb 2010
    Became my Fiance last day before returning to BKK......16 May 2010
    2nd Aus Visit on Partner Visa....................................20th Feb 2011
    Married........................................... ......................16th Sep 2011

3 years this Feb ..............hard to believe and so fast!!!
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    OK here is ours...

Meet on-line via MSN............................................... . late 2003

1st In-person Meeting......BKK.................................. .24th Jan 2004 (met 3 more times over 3 days)

Kept in touch via e-mail, Internet chat and some phone .... Feb to Sept 2004

2nd in-person meeting ....BKK and Phuket ....met her parents....Oct 2004

3rd in person meeting ....BKK and Pattaya Xmas New year and Boxing Day Tsunami...Dec 2004

1st Aus Visit on Tourist Visa..............Early Feb 2005... 10 day visit ...she met my mother.

4th in person meeting....Singapore.....Late Feb 2005

5th in person meeting .....BKK .... our Thai wedding and reception ..... 24th March 2005

6th in person meeting ....BKK....22 days later....(I missed my wife! )....April 2005

2nd Australian arrival, now on Fiancee Visa (not a visa I would now recommend) ....June 2005

Married...........in Perth at registry office................................ 24th August 2005

August 2005 till now - permanent residency, Australian citizenship and Australian passport.

August 2011 - Mrs M's first use of her Australian passport as we travel to England to visit her TGF, Bloom, who chaperoned her the first time we met in person - for coffee outside the Landmark Hotel in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 24th January 2004.

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    First fleeting contact Mar 09
    contact via sms 2 weeks after being back in Oz.
    7 months of increasing to constant contact via phone and sms never skype or internet.
    Back for first long stay 3 weeks.55555
    1st TV November 09
    Fly to LOS 7 months in Patts and BKK
    Back to OZ 3 months apart.
    2nd TV 3 months get married
    We fly back to los in Sept 09 for 2 weeks and i have to leave my bride there.
    End of Feb 2011 i fly to pick up bride 2 weeks then back to OZ.
    Has been here ever since god bless her cotton socks.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Wabbs are you sure 3rd line bottom is not Sept 10 ??, feels like deja vu 555. 2nd TV get married when was that ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Heres mine !

1st met in Patong oct 2009
    2nd meeting...... Feb 2010 in Patong
    3rd meeting ..... July 2010
    4the meeting .....Dec 2010
    5th meeting feb 2011 to bring her back on 1st visa jan 2011 same trip as dec . Visa didnt come thru in time and went back to get her on an overnight trip lol.
    6th meeting ..... Feb3rd to go get MARRIED !!
    yes thats 19 days time i arrive there and we get married on Feb 15th in Patong !
    ok ive let it out now ! hehehehe just a bit excited here !
    Arliss Michaels and Cilla like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Heres mine !

1st met in Patong oct 2009
    2nd meeting...... Feb 2010 in Patong
    3rd meeting ..... July 2010
    4the meeting .....Dec 2010
    5th meeting feb 2011 to bring her back on 1st visa jan 2011 same trip as dec . Visa didnt come thru in time and went back to get her on an overnight trip lol.
    6th meeting ..... Feb3rd to go get MARRIED !!
    yes thats 19 days time i arrive there and we get married on Feb 15th in Patong !
    ok ive let it out now ! hehehehe just a bit excited here !
    Can I DJ at your wedding???
    Well done Mate.... kept that one close to your chest!! 555

Congratulations Gazmac...all the very best to you both. Don't forget valentines day in the day before!!!!
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Congrats mate we know it will be a good day for you both.

From the Wabbits.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Heee!!! Gaz!!!
    You quite, sly old DOG...5555
    I am so sooo happy for you.
    Get someone to take photo's, lots and lots.
    She didn't say "No" whow... what did you slip her, 55555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

A couple of people knew lol . No JC she didnt say no ! Thankfully !

Wow!! How fast times fly.
    It seems like just a couple of months ago you were going for a TV and getting a cabbie to write a letter of employment for her. 55555

I wish you both all the happiness, companionship and security with each other. May the missunderstandings be small, and the understandings, LARGE.

Well done Mate !!!

PS when's the day, and where??

PSS I bet Rob knew

Yes it has gone very fast ! And thanks to you for your help on that TV ! Yes its amazing what a few baht i the right pocket can get you hey lol
    Its in Patong on the 15th next month !

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Yes it has gone very fast ! And thanks to you for your help on that TV ! Yes its amazing what a few baht i the right pocket can get you hey lol
    Its in Patong on the 15th next month !
    Mate I would love to be there, but wont. So have a drink for me, and give her a sniff kiss from me.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    OK here is ours...

Meet on-line via MSN............................................... . late 2003

1st In-person Meeting......BKK.................................. .24th Jan 2004 (met 3 more times over 3 days)

Kept in touch via e-mail, Internet chat and some phone .... Feb to Sept 2004

2nd in-person meeting ....BKK and Phuket ....met her parents....Oct 2004

3rd in person meeting ....BKK and Pattaya Xmas New year and Boxing Day Tsunami...Dec 2004

1st Aus Visit on Tourist Visa..............Early Feb 2005... 10 day visit ...she met my mother.

4th in person meeting....Singapore.....Late Feb 2005

5th in person meeting .....BKK .... our Thai wedding and reception ..... 24th March 2005

6th in person meeting ....BKK....22 days later....(I missed my wife! )....April 2005

2nd Australian arrival, now on Fiancee Visa (not a visa I would now recommend) ....June 2005

Married...........in Perth at registry office................................ 24th August 2005

August 2005 till now - permanent residency, Australian citizenship and Australian passport.

August 2011 - Mrs M's first use of her Australian passport as we travel to England to visit her TGF, Bloom, who chaperoned her the first time we met in person - for coffee outside the Landmark Hotel in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 24th January 2004.

Enjoy
    We believed in Destiny. Some find theirs when they were very young. Some find theirs in their adult age, some find when they are a little older, and some when they are very old. And I believed that god and buddha make human in a pair.

I was nearly 31 when we have found each other. (oh sorry Mr M you have not got a young one >_<). Itís quite late for a woman. But I am so glad I wait.

For those who still looking for yours. I am sure you will find your true mate one day. Do not give up and do not be sad.

When people talk about their love, congratulated them and look at the bright side and please believe that one day you will find yours.
    Minder likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast