Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Follow your dream

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Last edited by Cilla; 7th February 2014 at 19:10.
    Sydney, Gazmac, jontymate and 2 others like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Sounds like a good start look forward to hearing more.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    .....for the first time in a long time enjoying life.
    ....... It was just great to spend time with someone who cared.....
    Welcome Cilla....

For me .... I didn't realise how "dead" inside I was till my first trip to Thailand made me feel alive again .... and I never thought my life saving angels would make the girls from "Bay Watch" look over dressed ....

It really was a shock to feel that surge as life returned to circuits that had all but shut down completely - like a voice inside my head cried out in surprise "My God ... he's still here."

A decade on if I still have a soft spot for the resuscitation teams in Soi Cowboy, can you blame me?

Enjoy...
    G4orce likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    G'day Cilla WTTB, As minder above told me when reccomending and then coming on board. you are amongst freinds. You like me will soon start to sort the chaff from the wheat, there is a great bunch of people on here. Don't look at my Gold status and be frightened. I am still a newbie. The status only realates to how many posts you have made or responded to, it doesn't make you an expert....

Welcome
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Glad to hear your staying in China town.... this place IMO is the heart of the city, It's away from the tourist spots (even though it's a bit of a tourist spot itself) with a real authentic atmosphere.... there is a bit of a backpacker scene going on as the accommodation is generally a bit cheaper than the likes of Silom or Suk but it would have to be the best introduction to Bangkok that you could find.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Last edited by Cilla; 7th February 2014 at 19:10.
    bobless likes this.

Last edited by Cilla; 7th February 2014 at 19:11.

You'll love it!..... Khao San Rd is close by if your after a drink with a westerner but don't expect the red light district of Patong, you'll need to go to Soi Cowboy or the likes if thats your thing.... There's so much to do out of BKK, very easy to fill your days up.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    WTTB Cilla..........love hearing about internet meetings and the success that can follow.....was it TLL by any chance that you meet on?

Look forward to hearing more detail about you and your lady.......****e aren't we frigging nosy ...555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

You could pay someone to do the visa but they may or may-not do a good job......if its just a tourist visa the are very easy to get and you can get all the forms here in Aus....fill it all out for her and take it with you.

Last edited by Cilla; 7th February 2014 at 19:12.

I can understand your fears Craig but seriously put that money towards your trip!.... From your GF she will need passport, birth certificate and her house registration... from you you will need 3 months worth of bank statements, copy of your passport (to prove you have been to Thailand ex amount of times) a letter of invitation stating that you will offer financial, you medical and accomodation while she is here as well as making sure she adheres to the visa stipulations i.e. no work and not overstaying... you will need at least 4 photos to show you are a couple, Phone records and the likes of Skype or msn and emails.... And the Aussie Immigration almost expect you to be sending a bit of money over so if you are these records go a long way.... You will also have to show proof of employment (maybe a letter on one of your letter heads will do) and I always get a stat dec from my folks offering financial support if required (this could also be from a sibling).... I know Justcruising used the same letter of invitation as I did and I'm sure he will PM it to you...... When filling out the form make sure that she says that you will be offering financial support while here otherwise she will be expected to show enough funds in a bank account for 3 months to fund the trip....
    It really is easy, just sit down with the form and start to fill in what you know and you will soon get through it.... You can pay over the phone these days $115 here in Oz but a 600bht will be required on the day of lodgement...
    http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/48r.pdf this form can be filled out using your pc which I recommend, but sometimes best to print one out to have a good read.... all your GF will have to do is print her name in Thai and sign and date it.... you just hand it in at the CC building in Bangkok (very much like going to a medibank office).... It is a very straight forward process that takes about a week from lodgement to be accepted.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Craig, I have sent PM,
    As PBB says above you really are better doing it yourself. From what I hear you are looking at around $1,100 aus for an agent to do it all, and then there is no asurance.
    I also wonder if the guys doing the assesments may not be more suspicious of the use of experts.
    I'm sure what we have done probably is a lot less than what the agents do/provide with the application, but I think what we submit is honest and shows thru. If i was working in their job, I would be thinking "are they using an agent to help hide something?" The TV is not that hard a deal, it would be more likely to use an agency for the spouse/partner visa.

If by chance she is rejected, you can appeal asking why, and then provide whatever to solve it. But that shouldn't be a chance.

Get photo's together, and not in bars, get some with her family or friends, make sure you have the date turned on on the camera, so it shows you didn't just arrive and shoot them all in 1 day.

The fact she is getting a new pasport, her first, will also help, it shows she isn't running off overseas with anyone she can.

Cheers
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

No you dont need a ticket or even a return ticket once approved.... My suggestion would be, try get the application done before your current trip... take your pics, send a bit of money every now and then (keep the receipts) then as your GF lives in BKK get her to hand in the application before your following trip, in your letter of invitation just add the dates that you would like her to visit and then they will give you a window to travel based on those dates.... this will allow you to take your time getting a cheapish airfare instead of paying a premium and you really dont want to have a visa pending on your holiday... it can create some serious stress!!

And to add to that ...just in case the relationship goes further start keeping all records....phone calls (your bills), if you chat on MSN make sure you have your history turned on, emails etc.

You never know what may happen...one day you may be applying for the big one....555555555
    PatongBeachBoy and G4orce like this.

It can be posted, but probably best to pick it up after approval.... you could lodge it on your upcoming trip (only takes 10 min) after getting your pictures together with plans of using it in June....
    Make sure you include a few tourist destinations that you plan to visit while she is in Oz i.e. Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Harbour, etc etc....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast