Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Wisdom of others

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Wisdom of others

Thought I might start a tread for some basic rules on how to live with a TG long term.
    By this I mean what are the two things or rules that help you understand and live more harmoniously with your loved one.

Like never go to bed angry etc.

When things are going smoothly who cares but when there is nil understanding or crossed purposes or seemingly strange cultural issues...What gets you through?

Lets face it with some girls with limited or good English there are bound to be some issues.

singhma
    Hello..for me its I never question Mrs S on what she does... If Mrs S tells me then fine..Also our lives before we met ..what we did and who we were with..never asked about..We had a big discussion when we met ,that what was before, is our own business..its from now on that counts.
    If we have a communication problem we find its best to talk it through until we both understand..

Cheers
    Singhma
    wabbits and Cilla like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    After finally emerging. Most butterflies have a short life. It is natures way.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

1. Learn Thai time...the real issues or thinking emerge over time

2. To understand TG thinking, imagine that you are back in the 60's or 70's and how your parents (or you) would have reacted to a situation. For example, TG and daughter came off the motorbike and daughter hit her head. I was insistent to get to the hospital immediately for an XRay, but took a while to get through to her the risk of serious head injury. After I calmed down, I thought to myself, if this was me back in the 70's, parents would have said just a bruise, he looks ok, give him some ice-cream and all will be ok.
    Minder likes this.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    I remember this quote from a Temple....... Thinking...... Is this how she is thinking....... in most things she is.

“Teach this triple truth to all. A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.”
    justcruzing1 and Cobba like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    sometimes silence says more than words

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    sometimes silence says more than words
    I find..have slowly learned that when i shut up i find things resolve them selved much more expediently than if i open my trap.....I also find this one of the hardest things to do!!
    Arliss Michaels and Gazmac like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I think it is important for the man to be in charge and make decisions. Not doing this or saying "what do you think honey" just makes TG crazy.

One of the things I say to mrs C though is for anything I say, wait 10-15 seconds because that is how long it takes for me to realize I may have said something daffy, (Cue the Thai TV comedy noises)
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Having a Thai wife is easier if you have raised children already ....

Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

I am sure Mrs M is different... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

What is that suppose to mean Mr Mmmmm?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Do you love finger painting????
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Thought I might start a tread for some basic rules on how to live with a TG long term.
    By this I mean what are the two things or rules that help you understand and live more harmoniously with your loved one.

Like never go to bed angry etc.

When things are going smoothly who cares but when there is nil understanding or crossed purposes or seemingly strange cultural issues...What gets you through?

Lets face it with some girls with limited or good English there are bound to be some issues.
    There is one thing about Thai women is that they seem to not talk it out. Might be because Thai culture is The man or husband is the family leader. And whatever he say is the law. Well it used to be like that or maybe still is to some people.

But trust me it will not work for farang! Ha ha Donít ask why? I just know that it wonít work.

They keep it, save it. Bottled it up. And one day that bottle become a bomb when it full and can not fit anymore in. Which is very sad. It could kill both husband and wilfe.

We have rules between us which is very easy and simple. That is we will never do bottle up?

If we have anything in minds we MUST talk and figure it out, like wabbits said never go to bed angry.

We are human. I am not going to paint or make it pretty for no reason (haha). And if any couple says that they never have agrument, they are perfect couple. They are lying.

And some tend to think that if they let other people know that they are having problem is embrarassing.

For me and some my close friends. We talk and sharing our problem to find idea to figure it out. But again we probably have to be careful who to talk to. Some could help and some could make it worse.

But it definitely make your feel better when you let it out. But not everything though.

I think farang might not like the idea of bring domestic out side. But to be fair we Thai wives are here with no family (the other family beside husband) and only have a few friends. I think it okay for us to talk to our friends.

I believe that men do talk too don't you?

In the other hand we have to be careful as a listener as well. Never give to strong opinion or gradtitude. Because it could make problem for yourself one day. This happen to me once. They are couple after all so whatever you say never say not to much.

Its not easy isnít it to be a good friend.
    Quarky, Gazmac and singhma like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    He means for a lot of Farang/TG relationships where language difficulties may be an issue I suspect. Can't imagine he is referring to you Mrs M. Though you probably need to treat him like a child now and then... 555
    Cilla likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    He means for a lot of Farang/TG relationships where language difficulties may be an issue I suspect. Can't imagine he is referring to you Mrs M. Though you probably need to treat him like a child now and then... 555
    55555 oh donít worry. I know exactly what he meant. But he is not wrong you know.

singhma
    Hello to all...ผิด เป็น ครู..translated means "mistake is a teacher"
    Sorry Mrs M ..I mentioned you in a post ..regarding a Thai section for TG and TW to post in Thai..so they can be part of this community.
    Trying to think of a way to lessen the language barriers especially if in Aussie without many friends..The suggestion from me was you could maybe oversee the section if ever one was available..
    I had no right to mention your name without permission..for that I am truly sorry..

Cheers
    Singhma

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by singhma View Post
    Hello to all...ผิด เป็น ครู..translated means "mistake is a teacher"
    Sorry Mrs M ..I mentioned you in a post ..regarding a Thai section for TG and TW to post in Thai..so they can be part of this community.
    Trying to think of a way to lessen the language barriers especially if in Aussie without many friends..The suggestion from me was you could maybe oversee the section if ever one was available..
    I had no right to mention your name without permission..for that I am truly sorry..

Cheers
    Singhma
    [SIZE="3"]That is absolutely fine Singhmar. I am just hope that I can help and not making it worse. And for your information. My husband often says that I am the world worse teacher.

But I am more than happy to help. if I can.[/SIZE]
    singhma likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    We did discuss the same idea some time ago, even to the thought that some of the children may have a side forum one day, but it never got rolling. I think a lot of the girls prefer to stay in the background, behind their men, make the bullets and let them fire them 555555

I think if it was to be set as a sticky so it didn't get lost in amongst the old posts, it may have a chance. It is going to take some time for it to grow, but worth the effort I think.

I can see Google translate having to work overtime with everyone wanting to know what is being said 5555555.

It could also be of benifit to any one learning to read and write Thai.
    singhma likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I am only just starting to learn to read and write in Thai using a programme my daughter gave me for Xmas ! Its called Byki4 deluxe ! Its excellent but its going to take a while lol
    Heres a link ! watch the video ! Buy Byki Deluxe - The Best Language-Learning Software!
    singhma likes this.

singhma
    Good pro activ comments guys...My thoughts were if the TG or TW wanted some info..you know girl talk stuff.and they were in Aussie or another western country..they could ask in Thai..be a bit more involved in making life choices..If one of the ladies had a question another could ask partner the answer and post it..
    I visit a few bike forums ..and they all seem to have a ladies part..( racing bikes)
    Found what worked for me was reading and writing was the basic kids books..from year 1 ..started from there and worked way up..
    Cheers and thanks

Singhma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast