Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Getting Married in Thailand

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I must be unlucky... 55

My dad has seven sisters and brothers.... he's the only one still with his first wife... same on my mother's side. Same amongst all my cousins... and friends I have known since school. Just that one family was left that I mentioned that ended after 30 odd years... now they are gone.

I am noticing in my generation and younger... relationships are getting shorter and shorter...

Good there is still some longevity about (like Buksida) but relationships no longer seem to have the same idea of "everlasting love" that they did when I was a kid?

Divorce rates seem to be on the increase... even though less and less people are getting married..

What happened to meeting your wife and staying married for life!
    people are living longer .. marriage for life was fine when everyone was dying in their 40's or ordinary people weren't allowed to divorce ... outdated concept , should just be rolling five year civil contracts
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    people are living longer .. marriage for life was fine when everyone was dying in their 40's or ordinary people weren't allowed to divorce ... outdated concept , should just be rolling five year civil contracts
    In reality just another control tactic by the church...
    Ian Forbes and Stillearly like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    What is love? Presumably you don't mean infatuation? Talking about relationships that last decades and get stronger with time... not just a few years... which is all I have managed...

As mentioned elsewhere the last "couple" of my generation that I know personally... who have been together over 30 years... raised a family and seemed like soulmates... broke up recently... so now I know no one personally from my generation who was together when I was 21... and are still together now...

Anyone on this forum been happily married for over 30 years and still in love?

It's bloody rare this long term love lark...
    Both of my sisters have happy marriages that have lasted over 35 years so far, they still hold hands when walking around the shops or on the beach.

They have raised 6 & 4 kids and are now helping with grand-kids. Run businesses worth Multi millions and seem to have never had a cross word.

Stress has been there from the work load just like any other couple but they worked thru it.

Both married at 18 and never had been serious with anyone else.

I'm the Black sheep of us 3.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Both of my sisters have happy marriages that have lasted over 35 years so far, they still hold hands when walking around the shops or on the beach.

They have raised 6 & 4 kids and are now helping with grand-kids. Run businesses worth Multi millions and seem to have never had a cross word.

Stress has been there from the work load just like any other couple but they worked thru it.

Both married at 18 and never had been serious with anyone else.

I'm the Black sheep of us 3.

That's what I am saying... it's the older generations that are the last remnants of a dying practice... will "marriage" even exist in a few decades?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet
    I have been married 25 years, (hang on I need to check that with the wife, as I am no good with that sort of thing) keep telling the wife I need to trade her in for a younger model, she says the are good for a quick thrill, but won’t satisfy you deep down like a classic model.

People don’t enjoy new they enjoy character so she says.
    Last edited by Nechtan; 2nd September 2018 at 21:29.
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    .. will "marriage" even exist in a few decades?
    I like to have a change about every 7 - 10 years........55

If history repeats itself I should have a new younger wife in about 5 to 7 years.
    Quarky likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    people are becoming more informed that the whole marrage thing is just a way for the rich to control the workers via religion and it's teachings bullcrap "god,s gunna strike u down"!
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Some people are just lucky. That does not mean that marriages that end sooner than expected are failures. It just means that many people change over the years. I know a local couple just recently where the woman walked away after 32 years being married. The guy is completely devastated and never saw it coming. I do know for certain that menopause completely changes some women. My mother went more fruity than she already was... and yet they both stayed married until they died. They were married close to 70 years.
    Cobba likes this.

Cadet
    Divorce rates seem to be dropping in Australia, so maybe it was/is a generational occurrence?
    marriages.jpg

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechtan View Post
    Divorce rates seem to be dropping in Australia, so maybe it was/is a generational occurrence?
    marriages.jpg
    Divorce rates are falling because fewer people are getting married? Who knows, once some of the gay marriages fail the graph may change again.. Honestly, who gives a flying fcuk
    Monogamy, a word that will probably be deleted from current dictionaries before too long. Just ask DP.
    One gets married in good faith but people and circumstances change, you make a contract with someone for marriage but there are OUT clauses. You just have to manage the best you can when breaking the Contract.
    Last edited by 1080; 16th September 2018 at 20:13.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Divorce rates are doping because fewer people are getting married. Who knows, once some of the gay marriages fail the graph may change again.. Honestly, who gives a flying fcuk
    Marriage rates are actually increasing recently http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....ElemFormat=gif

And divorce rates decreasing https://aifs.gov.au/sites/default/fi...ivorcerate.png
    Last edited by Nechtan; 16th September 2018 at 19:53.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Maybe it’s because all us mid aged guys are marring Asian girls and much happier........:}
    1080 and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechtan View Post
    Marriage rates are actually increasing recently http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....ElemFormat=gif

And divorce rates decreasing https://aifs.gov.au/sites/default/fi...ivorcerate.png
    Back to my post mate, give it time. how many same sex marriages occurred on or very close to the Legislation change in Australia. I never did embrace statistical results, too many variables. 555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Statistics say that if you have one foot in ice water and the other foot in boiling water then the average would mean that you are comfortable.

There is no hard and fast rule that covers everything. If you enjoy someone's company for a few years then everything is well and good. After my two marriages ended I felt no remorse afterwards. All I felt was relief that the pain near the end was over.

However, it is much different now that Pui is dead. I'm happy that her suffering is over for her, but I still get weepy 6 months later, even after knowing for 4 years that she was slowly dying. Last night I was sorting out all my video and photographs on my various external hard drives so I could find stuff later. Sorting through all my photos I saw many of the happy times that Pui and I had together. It brought back instant memories, and it was hard not to break into tears. Nothing has ever hit me like that before, and yet our time together was relatively short.
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345