Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Getting Married in Thailand

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

Getting Married in Thailand

Marriage process in Thailand .

As I have been married before , I needed my original copies of divorce documents .
    So , armed with these in hand off to the Australian Embassy in BKK I go . No appointment is required !
    Just take a ticket and wait for you no. to be called . Wasn't busy at all , just 2 people in front of me . Number called and up i go . Request for documents for getting married . Ok , no problem . Do you have you divorce papers here ? Yes ! Ok good can i have them . A copy is made of them , and she hands me a fact sheet and a form to fill out .
    This being a Statutory Decloration , confirming who i am & my intentions to marry Tane and that i am single and able to legally marry .

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...ac/statdec.jpg

Stat Dec filled in and completed , I handed it back 5 mins later and paid $20.00 AUD each for Stat Dec and divorce certificate copy .
    That was it for the Aussie Embassy .
    Next it was off to get the paperwork translated into Thai.
    I was told by Kaptain Rob to look for Wireless Travel , which is situated in the Thai Wah Tower about 300 meters down the road.
    Up to the 3rd floor and in we go , asked if they can do the translations and a big yes was the reply .
    We handed over the paperwork to be translated with copies of Tanes Thai passport & Thai ID .
    He said it will take 2 days to get it translated and sent to the Thai Forigen Embassy in Don Muang . It will be ready to be picked up on the 9th ! Damn I'm flying back to Phuket on the morn of the 9th ! Ok he said no problem we will express courier them back to you in Phuket if you would like ! (for a charge of course )
    Cost was 500baht per page for translation
    800baht per page from Thai Govt certification and 1500baht for their service and express courier .
    So all up 4600baht !

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...c/P1010512.jpg

A couple of days later all the papers arrived at my hotel . All stamped (Thai Govt ) and translated . below in order are the
    Thai version of affidavit (Stat Dec )
    http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...c/P1010507.jpg

Thai version of my Divorce Papers
    http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...c/P1010509.jpg
    Statement from Thai Govt to say I'm legal to marry in Thailand
    http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...P1010510-1.jpg
    Stamp on back of my Affidavit

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...c/P1010508.jpg

All papers in hand the next day we went down to Phuket Amphur Office .
    They took one look at our papers and said ok you here for Marriage , please take a seat and we will call you . They took all the paperwork and dissapeared !
    About 30 minutes later they called us . Sat down and asked us to sign here , here and here . ok thank you , you nad now married and good luck for marriage and handed us 2 copies in Thai of our Marriage Certificate ! That was it ! We are now legally married !
    http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...c/P1010639.jpg

All that was left now was to do a ceremony in Phuket with family and friends !
    Last edited by Gazmac; 5th March 2012 at 13:43.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    So do you have to present your marriage certificate to the Australian embassy to legitimise it?... Or is that it?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

nope that's it ! Nothing further required ! 100% legal and recognize in both countries ! Just dont try doing a legal wedding in Australia after you get back or you will be committing bigamy ! 555
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Great work Gaz, and thanks for the info.

Where do you stand now with visa's?

I have said it on other thred, but again, Congratulations to both you and Tane.
    crispy likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Worth sticking i think.
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I agree Wabb's, otherwise it will fall into the pit and be forgotten.
    crispy likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    i agree wabb's, otherwise it will fall into the pit and be forgotten.
    never...................5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing gaz. I will need this come October next year.

Cadet Gold
    What about if you been married 3 times before ? i never give up !

You will be able to start a new thread lol
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    yep it will be fourth time lucky ,never surrender

Or never get married...

Anyone care to explain the benefits of being with one woman only? And why faithfulness is a good thing?

I've never heard a rational argument for the affirmative... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    I have its called A.I.D.S

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    I have its called A.I.D.S
    No seriously... I'd like to hear an argument that's not based around insecurity....

Cadet Gold
    Mate we all search for different things in life ,as i posted i have been married three times twice as a profesional soldier and the last one which was me being a means to get into australia,you might say thats sour grapes but when you look at the statistics au /phil marriages they aint good.i have spent more time on my own than i have been married but i look for that someone who will make my life better ,that i want to spend time with ,who makes me laugh and shares the lows with me .For me i dont want to be a butterfly boy who goes from flower to flower not remembering who someone is ,or finding someone who i really like but not being able to comitt to them through fear of being trapped ,you might say i am insecure but this is your opinion and we all are allowed to have one ,mine is different to yours thats why we are all different be a boring old world if we had the same opinions .

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Mate we all search for different things in life ,as i posted i have been married three times twice as a profesional soldier and the last one which was me being a means to get into australia,you might say thats sour grapes but when you look at the statistics au /phil marriages they aint good.i have spent more time on my own than i have been married but i look for that someone who will make my life better ,that i want to spend time with ,who makes me laugh and shares the lows with me .For me i dont want to be a butterfly boy who goes from flower to flower not remembering who someone is ,or finding someone who i really like but not being able to comitt to them through fear of being trapped ,you might say i am insecure but this is your opinion and we all are allowed to have one ,mine is different to yours thats why we are all different be a boring old world if we had the same opinions .
    Not having a go at you Crispy. It's more a general philosophical question aimed at everyone... Why get married at all? Why can't people treat lovers like friends? We don't need to be married to our best mates. If they cease being our best mates, we move on. But in many instances our best mates stay our best mates for life... so the same with lovers. Some will be around for a short time and some for life... but why the need to marry?

I could take it the next step as well. Why the need for faithfulness? A man made creation because most of us are insecure. But we don't get all jealous if our best mate sees another mate do we? So why do we treat lovers differently? If it's not about ego and insecurities, what is it about?
    Last edited by Quarky; 8th January 2013 at 23:32.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    ^STDs?????
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    ^STDs?????
    Behave.... 555

I'd love to have an intellectual discussion on this... you know. About why we as humans feel the need to be with only one person. Because if you look at it non-emotionally, it seems quite inefficient for the continuation of the human species. And yet... most of us crave it. Even me... but why?
    Last edited by Quarky; 9th January 2013 at 06:14.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I think the STD argument for monogamy is valid. Maybe not the be all, but valid nevertheless.
    Just a case of whether you can make a stronger reward argument for the acceptability of the increased risk.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

So we get married and have one partner only for long periods to avoid STDs? I can't imagine that is the main motivating factor.... no, there is something in our psyche that makes us do it... and I'd like to know if it is social conditioning or an innate genetic instinct...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast