Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 3 Post By Minder
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By Arliss Michaels

Thread: The Case Saga

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

The Case Saga

,Some of you may have read on my Maybe TG & ME thread the drama we had with TG going home after first TV, when she had far too much stuff for her mediocre sized bag, and proceeded to clear my bag of my stuff so we could get all her stuff home.

Well this time she was going home alone, but before this we were off to Sydney, then Melbourne, before TG heading to BKK and me back to Perth alone

We left Perth with 23kg baggage allowance each on Virgin (Good flight good service), and TG had her same bag and me my bigger (and what she calls), "Ugly Bag". We had a some kilo's up our sleeve, but were right on the limit when we flew down to Melbourne with 20kg each on Jetstar (like the Airline, do not like the lack of leg room and really did not like the Miss Hitler Stewardess on the flight).

So a day at the Melbourne Markets , we met up with PBB, his children and Thipp for lunch, and a bit of shopping. TG wanted to get toy Kangaroos and Koala's for the Nieces, and I found some I thought suitable, but TG wanted the "bigger" ones , with me thinking the bag is almost overflow how are they going to fit in. My theory was for her to take my "Ugly Bag" back I bring her bag in June.

So after bidding PBB and crew a farewell, me thinking shopping done, time for a beer, the markets in closing mode, thinking the wallet was safe, how wrong I was.
    TG was I thought resigned to the fact she was taking the "Ugly Bag", until we passed a Luggage seller, she was quickly in looking at Cases, and picked one out. My bag, I purchased in the US in 1993, and it had done it's job, had been on it's last legs for many trips, so an upgrade here was a good idea, as I could take TG's smaller Bag back and my "Ugly Bag" could be sent out to pasture.

But I shook the head with TG selections, and said still need to go bigger, so we went to the top of the range, did some bartering and I (Well thats what I thought), TG had a new case. Paid for we unloaded all purchases into the new case and we were off home - WRONG
    A market shoe vendor was packing his wares into a container, but TG was in like a flash to look at some shoes, I gave him the "help me" look, so he could say too late, but all he could see was another sale, and with his wife there, it was three on one, and the Wallet was out of the pocket again 555.
    So finally out of the Markets, we were on the tram home, me thinking TG has big bag, me her bag, good old bag into retirement, how wrong I was. Part 2 later
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 2nd April 2012 at 22:26.
    wabbits and Sydney like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The 'Help me look'...... I think your TG spotted the 'Help me look' on the shoe vendors face and in true Thai fashion felt obliged to help!.... what a good samaritan you have found 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Invariably we have 40kg (2 x 20kg) luggage and 20kg (2 x 10kg) carry on baggage on our trips to LOS - usual breakdown is I end up carrying all my stuff in part of my 10kg carry on bag whilst the other 50kg plus is Mrs M's stuff for family and friends in LOS ...
    Arliss Michaels, G4orce and Rivo like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    One day she will find out that Thai airways allows Thai nationals to take up to 30kg in economy.
    Mrs M. likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Invariably we have 40kg (2 x 20kg) luggage and 20kg (2 x 10kg) carry on baggage on our trips to LOS - usual breakdown is I end up carrying all my stuff in part of my 10kg carry on bag whilst the other 50kg plus is Mrs M's stuff for family and friends in LOS ...
    ahem, I can hear you and for the record they are not all for my family and friends. There are lots of them for the house in TH. And I only take 30 kgs mostly.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Ooops ...
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    So we had the New Case, hopped on the Tram to Flemington, and yours truly had to stand with the case, after his legs were shot walking around the market for hours and hours, but as the time there went by my legs seemed lighter and lighter, later to find out that the extraction of funds from the wallet was the reason for this 555.

Back to our unit, TG was straight into move this from one bag to another, whilst I sneaked upstairs and prepped myself on the lounge to watch GWS play Sydney in the AFL opener. Not sure what TG was doing but managed to watch the first half without an interuption.

The last night before fly out the serious bag packing started, TG packed, I weighed with a portable luggage weigher,

too heavy, so TG off and this comes out followed by that, and then another reweigh, still too heavy. I headed to the laptop and onto the Jetstar site to checked out luggage laws etc and checked the size of cabin baggage, found a tape measure lying around the Unit and weighed her original bag that she came over with, and it was marginally bigger than the accepted cabin size allowance. The ruling on Jetstar is 1 cabin bag, and one smaller like Handbag or Laptop Bag or similar

So the plan was 25kg in the big bag, and distribute upto 10kg in the original bag and a backpack to take on board, this will nearly get most of her stuff back to LOS. On top of clothes, she had presents for family, new shoes (plural), books, mags, lollies, chocalate, you name it a bit of everything.

So by the end of the night off the portable scales, we had the big bag at 26kg and the other 2 bags totalling about 10kg, somethings had to be sacraficed, but none of the lollies or chocalate came back my way .

Now all that I had to do was get the 2 bags on as on board luggage and it should be sweet, as baldrick would say i had a cunning plan.
    Quarky and Spot like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    And...........................................

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    And...........................................

ran out of time more soon ;(