The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: You have flend for me?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

You have flend for me?

Be it in the village or in BKK if you have a TG/ TW your are asked this question.

You have flend for me? My usual response was sure. I have many flends but they are poor, dink too mutt, butterly and sometime want to box girls. This got laughs and to be honest I would not recommend any guy to my Thai family and friends. Even the many we both do not like.

Until he has done his due diligence into the culture and then still reluctant to ever be match maker.

Over the last few months though some families have girls over on tourist visa's and putting adds in papers for the lonely hearts.

How do you handle this??
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Not so different really.

I like the saying mail order bride....Makes me smile as it about as far from the truth as you could possibly get!

Anyone who wishes a Thai wife needs todo it 100% themselves as far as I am concerned.

The learning curve is steep is all I can say!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Not so different really.

I like the saying mail order bride....Makes me smile as it about as far from the truth as you could possibly get!

Anyone who wishes a Thai wife needs todo it 100% themselves as far as I am concerned.

Absolutley Wabbs, I still look back and wonder why I went out on a limb and did something the majority of my friends would not entertain doing in their wildest dreams.

Jonty, I too have been asked about find a friend for my sister/friend, but just like you I have some great mates, but loathe to recommend any for this assignment as I think too tough for most and they would not last the distance, and I don't want my standing to drop on a bad recommendation.
    Cilla likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Who gets the blame when it all turns into a train wreck......??

Steep curve same same Mt Kilimanjaro...... I deflect all, but occasionally I fall for one particular girl that I would like to help. I fall not in the love stakes but the humanitarian stakes.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Mrs C say "If any of your friend need Thai wife, don't just tell them to go to Thailand and try by self. Ask her first and she do some "screening"...just trying to avoid train wreck...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I don't recommend anyone for anything.... Take a job for instance, If they're the best worker in the world you never hear the praise but if they're the worst you never seem to hear the end of it.....
    Recommending someone as a possible future partner the stakes are a bit higher..... so it's a 'no go zone' for me!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

A particularism prompted this thread. She is an Aussie TG from Thailand. Husband now deceased. Still in her prime 39 and very very attractive. I was expecting his will to be contested but it has not. As she should she got the lot. His children (youngest is 42) has a good relationship with her. Yep, Dao tells me she is was bar girl. That really has no impact. Or does it?

Only 6 months has past since she said the final good bye. She is financially OK for rest of her life. She wants another Aussie husband to take care/ take care of.

If I was not already taken I would be there but at 43 I am still too young for her.

It is still a hard call. I do not and have, never had any flend that are worthy of this.

About 15 years ago I dated a millionaire for a while... I didn't know she was a millionaire when I started dating her.. and she had a pretty face... and a good personality... she made me laugh... but even when I found out she was rich... she still had a big arse... so that was that... I didn't care how rich she was... I just couldn't fancy a girl with a big ass...
    Spot likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Not so different really.

I am still putting all my energy into my own relationship. Don't want to be held responsible for somebody elses, there is an exception, Somebody who has done the hard work already and knows his stuff, I will introduce and leave them to it. The ones I have in mind are further down the journey than me, and are a lot more savvy than me.

S says not get involved unless she gives them the thrice over. Bit like the interrogation she got from the Isaan Mafia..... Was brutal until they thought she was OK, now they are thick as thieves.....
    Cilla likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    I am still putting all my energy into my own relationship. Don't want to be held responsible for somebody elses, there is an exception, Somebody who has done the hard work already and knows his stuff, I will introduce and leave them to it. The ones I have in mind are further down the journey than me, and are a lot more savvy than me.

S says not get involved unless she gives them the thrice over. Bit like the interrogation she got from the Isaan Mafia..... Was brutal until they thought she was OK, now they are thick as thieves.....
    Like you spot, all my effort into my relationship. A has not asked about for anybody else, she same as me in effort, always time for talk and did good job with her TV paperwork.
    Wabbitts, yes a steep learning curve, a vertical straight line from the bottom and still climbing, what curve, 5555. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

---------
    Spot and bobless like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    About 15 years ago I dated a millionaire for a while... I didn't know she was a millionaire when I started dating her.. and she had a pretty face... and a good personality... she made me laugh... but even when I found out she was rich... she still had a big arse... so that was that... I didn't care how rich she was... I just couldn't fancy a girl with a big ass...
    Same same here before Dao I was with a girl who had a Doctorate in maths worked for the government on 350 K a year. Farm girl same sort of upbringing as me. Was one of the original people that started off Earth Hour. 6 ft slim good looking.

She was quirky in her thinking and thought like a bloke. Good for some time but her children had no respect for her. Her work took up her life and the kids that wanted for nothing were bringing themselves up.

Long story but my dog ate her "Orgainic"chickens. I sided with my dog. He must have listened to her rave on too much and did no longer want processed food.
    wabbits likes this.

We talk of a learning curve, there is a steep one...I see you all nodding your heads.
    You can't explain this to the newbie it has to be self learned.
    For that alone I will never assist.

We are logical men going out with illogical women with cultural 180 degree difference in thinking......Easy

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    We talk of a learning curve, there is a steep one...I see you all nodding your heads.
    You can't explain this to the newbie it has to be self learned.
    For that alone I will never assist.

We are logical men going out with illogical women with cultural 180 degree difference in thinking......Easy
    I think Immigration might have done us a favor by making the visa process so long..... the journey required is an education that is essential.
    wabbits, Spot and Cilla like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The learning curve though never stops. It flattens somewhat but never stops. For me this is a plus. Still discover new things almost daily about each other and culture. Her understanding simple things. Last night it was a discussion about Rob Peter to pay Paul and visa versa for Thai.

The fun of learning together and discovery together. I have learnt more about my own country because of her and she has learnt more of Thai history etc because of my curiosity.

Don't try to do introductions, leave it to the experts like Thai love links...555

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Don't try to do introductions, leave it to the experts like Thai love links...555

Exactly my thoughts. There should be enough girls on there that are living here already. JC some may already be in Townsville or close by. Hint Hint. Have a look.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Same same here before Dao I was with a girl who had a Doctorate in maths worked for the government on 350 K a year. Farm girl same sort of upbringing as me. Was one of the original people that started off Earth Hour. 6 ft slim good looking.

She was quirky in her thinking and thought like a bloke. Good for some time but her children had no respect for her. Her work took up her life and the kids that wanted for nothing were bringing themselves up.

Long story but my dog ate her "Orgainic"chickens. I sided with my dog. He must have listened to her rave on too much and did no longer want processed food.
    55555 Thanks mate after a bit of s teary ANZAC day, you got me laughing.... Good on ya Rover mate cmon move over and keep me warm tonight! 55555555

Do you still have the dog?
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post

Always follow your best friend's advice...

Is this the main difference between men and women?

Women look for someone to look after them....

Men look for someone to look after them...

same same, but different... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Like when TG first came to Australia and I was worried that Buffy wouldn't like her............oh wait a minute.....TG wouldn't like Buffy.

Attachment 1648
    Last edited by Changone; 25th April 2012 at 21:48.
    Quarky likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast