Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By jontymate

Thread: do thai girls view farang as ATM machine?

purebreed

do thai girls view farang as ATM machine?

I read somewhere that a Thai lady who is married to a Thai guy but stay with another farang guy.

The Thai husband said that after his wife get enough money, she will go back to him. How true is that?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Sounds like a book I once read http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/im...ate-dancer.pdf.......
    I dont like to generalise a whole nation of women especially with the amount that are in Thailand but I'm sure this does go on..... but be rest assured there is more good than bad.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Trolling the Internet you may decide that Thailand is a dangerous place with Thai minxs ready to fleece unsuspecting farangs.
    Does happen but not as often as suggested.
    Though I do know a couple of cases personally.....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    All ATM need a PIN...... Up to you.....
    Minder likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

purebreed
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    All ATM need a PIN...... Up to you.....
    Lol..good one.

purebreed
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Trolling the Internet you may decide that Thailand is a dangerous place with Thai minxs ready to fleece unsuspecting farangs.
    Does happen but not as often as suggested.
    Though I do know a couple of cases personally.....
    I always believe that the real reason for the existence of a relationship is love. Other than this is just fake. Do you suggest getting a partner who is from a higher income level so money is not the sole purpose in a relationship. I become cautious when she starts to talk about buying houses and taking care of her family.

Quote Originally Posted by purebreed View Post
    I always believe that the real reason for the existence of a relationship is love. Other than this is just fake. Do you suggest getting a partner who is from a higher income level so money is not the sole purpose in a relationship. I become cautious when she starts to talk about buying houses and taking care of her family.
    It might pay for you to have a look at this thread Sin Soht..... It will help you understand the culture a bit better

purebreed
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    It might pay for you to have a look at this thread Sin Soht..... It will help you understand the culture a bit better
    Thanks. I do know about dowry. It may surprised you that I accept their culture on that. I am only cautious what comes after that. Will I become a long term welfare handout?

purebreed
    Thanks. I do know about dowry. It may surprised you that I accept their culture on that. I am only cautious what comes after that. Will I become a long term welfare handout?

Well this is marriage for you no matter what culture.... just Thais are more upfront!

purebreed
    Sounds like a book I once read http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/im...ate-dancer.pdf.......
    I dont like to generalise a whole nation of women especially with the amount that are in Thailand but I'm sure this does go on..... but be rest assured there is more good than bad.
    Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the pdf. Will read it soon. :-)

purebreed
    Well this is marriage for you no matter what culture.... just Thais are more upfront!
    Take care of her is OK. But her family??? Sorry, it just make no sense.

Take care of her is OK. But her family??? Sorry, it just make no sense.
    but this is the cultural difference.... when you marry a Thai you become part of the family and yes you will probably be expected to help financially when you can... It's very unlike most western families and yes most people struggle to make sense of it!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I read somewhere that a Thai lady who is married to a Thai guy but stay with another farang guy.

The Thai husband said that after his wife get enough money, she will go back to him. How true is that?
    Happens, what are the chances of it happening to you though?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

purebreed
    but this is the cultural difference.... when you marry a Thai you become part of the family and yes you will probably be expected to help financially when you can... It's very unlike most western families and yes most people struggle to make sense of it!
    The most likely reason i see (with respect) is that Thai culture is predominately collective in its own nature. One for all and all for one that kind of thing.

The other most likely reason ( with disrespect) is that a chance to rip the guy off in the name of the family. They just do not have the skill to be financially independent and their version of getting cash is to rip others off. That is real low.
    and why would a sane guy with a logical, healthy functioning brain would land himself in such a position.

purebreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Happens, what are the chances of it happening to you though?
    Zero i would say, hehe. I am much smarter than that.

The most likely reason i see (with respect) is that Thai culture is predominately collective in its own nature. One for all and all for one that kind of thing.

The other most likely reason ( with disrespect) is that a chance to rip the guy off in the name of the family. They just do not have the skill to be financially independent and their version of getting cash is to rip others off. That is real low.
    and why would a sane guy with a logical, healthy functioning brain would land himself in such a position.
    I think the generalization here is a little thick....I know a large number of financially independent Thais.
    I know some that are not and the thought of ripping off someone would not sit right........i also have come in contact with some that would.

Strangley enough the people who tell us how smart they are usually have the most trouble so tell us what you do??

Zero i would say, hehe. I am much smarter than that.
    Smart is as smart does!
    [SIZE=1]Forrest Gump[/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Simple is or stupid is as stupid does.... I am not a smart man but I know what love is ... Jenny
    Spot likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

purebreed
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I think the generalization here is a little thick....I know a large number of financially independent Thais.
    I know some that are not and the thought of ripping off someone would not sit right........i also have come in contact with some that would.

Strangley enough the people who tell us how smart they are usually have the most trouble so tell us what you do??
    How can you tell if a Thai is finanically independent?

From some of the Thais I met, those who has family business and who are self employed tend to be in that category. Most of them are Chinese Thai. This might not be true but it comes from my limited exposure to Thai people. The rest are stories from friends and information from websites and forum.