Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Having a baby with your TG/TW

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Having a baby with your TG/TW

Hey guys, Been thinking lately about having children and how it will work with Citizenship. First of all NO, Noy is not pregnant, but after we get married we plan to have a couple children. Noy said to me the other day that when she is to give birth she would like (if possible) to give birth in Thailand so that her family will be around to take care of her and so that the baby can be blessed by a monk etc.. I believe that it would be better for her to give birth in Australia, as the health system is better here.

My questions are;
    • If our baby was to be born in Thailand will it still be an Australian Citizen?
    • How long after birth can a baby travel on a Plane?
    • Within how long of being due can a pregnant woman fly?
    • and is giving birth in Thailand a bad idea?

I am a little Naive when it comes to giving birth, as I have never really needed to know much about it.

Thanks in advance

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    If born in LOS I think you will have to apply for citizenship, but from what I've heard not a biggy...
    All airlines have different policies on pregnant women and infant children flying but 8 months is normally the cut-off... This is something I just found
    your baby should be okay to fly after his 2-week checkup provided he has a clean bill of health and you had a full-term pregnancy without complications. Premature babies are especially susceptible to germs, so it may take longer before they're ready to go on an airplane trip.

Having a baby in LOS isn't a bad thing just you will have to pay for the medical bills where in Oz you will pay nothing unless you go private.

Just keep in mind, It is a very big time in Noy's life and with both my kids family support was paramount.... whether your family can give this support to Noy would have to be a factor you should seriously consider!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Just keep in mind, It is a very big time in Noy's life and with both my kids family support was paramount.... whether your family can give this support to Noy would have to be a factor you should seriously consider!
    Yeah I understand this and that is what i have been thinking a lot about. My parents will most likely me in another state, but will be able to come down and help but for how long... Having a baby is a huge thing and for the women involved it is probable a bigger thing. Their body, health, mentality are involved. Her being around family would be great at that time but there is a chance (due to work/money) I will not be able to be with my child for the start of it's life. I want to be there for the first moments of my childs life (as I am sure most do) being in LOS I may not be able to take 1 - 2 months off at that time. Also with pregnancies they never go to plan so planning on giving birth in LOS could mean Noy will be there for 2-3 months.

I guess there is a lot to think about but the important things to work out are the citizenship and being able to fly or not...

The biggest thing I found especially with our first was overcoming the unknown.... Our first was a perfect baby, no complications no major issues... BUT... He was doing all the typical things a baby does, suffering from wind, teething etc etc..... You need someone around you to just give you a little pat on the back and say "everthings fine... your baby's fine.... he's meant to cry like that".... You can think your prepared but you never really are....

Now don't take this the wrong way and I'll explain it from our experience... My ex's mother died when she was 13 and had no support, we were living at my folks house. As much as my Mum tried to fill the void of my ex not having her mother around she just wasn't the right person... No one can replace your mother and I can see this happening with Noy and your Mum. In the end with my ex having that fragile new mother mind going on she ended feeling that she wasn't do a good job at being a new Mum, or more to the point she felt she wasn't living up to my Mothers expectations......
    G4orce likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I would think the Thai medical system is very adequte in the biger cities. I also think that Thai's get free medical so the expense shouldn't be much other than travel.

As said 8 months is the cut off officially, but you really don't want to go that close, travel in a pressurised cabin can do all sorts of things to both mother and baby.

As for flying after the birth expect to have a very distraught child for all the trip, unless your going to give it sleeping medicine. Untill about 2.5 yrs they can not clear the pressure in their ears, you know how we swallow hard and our ears pop/balance, they can't do it and the pressure builds and builds causing pain.

Easier to adopt a grownup....I'm available 5555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

I have done a little more Reaseach over Google and found that the travelling time is different for each airline. For the Mother most say that 35 weeks is the cut off date to travel unless you are having multiple babies, where the cut off would have to be at 32 weeks. As for the Baby travelling some airlines allow them to travel within 2 days of being born but the rest say 2 weeks.

As for the Citizenship, Aust Immigration States:
    You may be eligible to apply to become an Australian citizen by descent if:

you were born outside Australia
    and
    one of your parents was an Australian citizen at the time of your birth
    I do not like the word "May" in there. I am not sure what conditions they have...

As for a very unsettled baby in flight it is going to have to happen either way as, even if the baby is born in Aust or LOS the Inlaws are going to need to meet him/her and all the Proper Buddhist/Thai ceremonies will have to take place in LOS.

I can see a new thread...tourist visa for MIL...555
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    I can see a new thread...tourist visa for MIL...555
    Noy has already said at some stage she would like for her to come and visit Australia :S I can understand why that would be but I had to remind her I am not Rich Farang and it is going to have to wait... But as for children the entire Village will have to meet him/her/them, not just the mum. I have already siad they can't all come to Australia 555

Hmmmmm..... Sounding more and more like a shot gun wedding everyday!!

There is no Pregnancy!!! I swear to Buddha 555

Cadet silver
    I'm no expert but the citizenship thing shouldn't be a problem. I can only comment on the UK, but I do know that if my baby was born in Thailand its a simple process to apply for a British passport. I think they just need a copy of the birth certificate with the father named and a copy of your birth cert & passport. Sure there's more involved than that but nothing too hard.

The same thing applies for when my wife and I have children here in the UK. The baby will be entitled to dual citizenship and I believe its just a case of informing the Thai embassy here in the UK and applying for a Thai passport

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    The baby will be entitled to dual citizenship and I believe its just a case of informing the Thai embassy here in the UK and applying for a Thai passport
    Steve
    I was under the impression that Thailand do not allow Dual-citizenship???

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

I swear i never touched her i swear.555555

Cadet silver
    Sorry if I'm wrong on that. It's just on another Thai-UK based forum that I use, it seems those with thai/farnag kids hold both Thai & British passports because there have been several posts asking which is best passport to use when entering LOS

Steve

I am not 100% sure but have a look here for http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...-info/1325.htm

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    If not born here you must apply not hard as the dumbest bloke that work where I am just did it......He is 58 and a 26 year old girl from Pattani.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ปืนลูกซองสำหรับจัดงานแต่งงาน...?
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    ^^ wedding????
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I was under the impression that Thailand do not allow Dual-citizenship???
    Mrs M has both .... but don't tell anyone ...

Same as Mrs M you will already have the Thai citizenship ... and Australia DOES allow dual-citizenship .... no problem unless you go out of your way to make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    If not born here you must apply not hard as the dumbest bloke that work where I am just did it......He is 58 and is with a 26 year old girl from Pattani.
    I thought Joy was from the North / North east

Enjoy ...
    Mrs M. and Spot like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ปืนลูกซองสำหรับจัดงานแต่งงาน...?
    อาจจะต้องปืนลูกซองที่จะรับเขามี
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast