Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Reasons why relationship fails with a Thai Girl

  1. #1
    Guest Platinum daohoshi Dao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    867

    Reasons why relationship fails with a Thai Girl

    Yesterday I driver friend to the airport because she separated from her husband and go back Nong Khai.

    He have problem for she want help family for money. He little bit rich and she not understand why he not want help more. He pay 1 million sin sot and 2 million for new house. He say finish now no more money.

    Now he not understand that yes have house and sin sot all gone for land for house and loans think new car. So her papa now need money to live for food. She work so send 5000 Baht every month.

    He get angry and break thing in the house. She get upset and not talk to him. He get more angry smash she phone and notebook so she cannot talk to family. So she finish from him.

    Problem she cannot speak english and I cannot not understand him english because sound like drunk but he not drinking.

    Do you see it easy for thing to go bad. She true love him but cannot have angry like this

    So this one has problem for understand money and talk to each other. Ohh only know each other for 2 months before get married. Big problem!!!!

    What other issues make fail you think.

    .

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,198
    One big one, Two months is not enough time to get to know someone....
    Quarky likes this.

  3. #3
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,311
    I agree Dao, 2 months before marriage is just not enough time, as you know I am sticking with the ten year plan.


    It takes years to get to know anyone and how they react in different situations, this goes for friends and partners.
    Quarky likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  4. #4
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,198
    Agreed, I would not do it in the West, never-mind across cultures.... Financial needs would need to be worked out long before they married.

  5. #5
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Two months is far too quick, you are still in the "cloud nine" stage , and neither party really knows each other. The lack of same language discussion really hinders finding a resolve, and if one party flys off the handle and starting chucking plates around, then no much hope of getting a discussion with both parties contributing and understanding. This is a general outlook, as every situation is different and without all the facts and really knowing the parties involved, impossible to get a take on every individual problem.

    For me at least 18 months of getting to know each other is almost a given before taking the step. Just coming up to that mark for me soon , decisions decisions 555
    Spot likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  6. #6
    Guest Platinum daohoshi Dao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    867
    Both stupid people for only 2 months. She see answer for family and hope they have happy life together.

    So I hope to make thread not just this people story by self. Other reason for people to make good choice and not do same.
    Spot likes this.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,812
    Obviously the time was way too short before marrying.
    From what you say Dao, that you can't understand his English sounds drunk but not drinking, I would think he may have a medical problem, may have had a stroke. Or he could be taking drugs, and both would explain his temper smashing things.

    He obviously thought that 3 mill bt was enough to have paid. $100,000 au is a lot of money, her family may have been pushing for too much too soon.

    My question here is, how did they manage to get married after 2 months and get her into the country? How long was it before she came and lived here on marriage visa?
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  8. #8
    Guest Platinum daohoshi Dao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    867
    What you say JC is true lot of money. Crazy guy

    Marry 5 jan 2011 2nd tourist visa yes she work illegal. Make more problem she do this. She misunderstand Visa cannot work. Because married already in Thailand. Yes not can talk to explain. I try to tell her cannot work.

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,987
    2 months! Even 2 years is too short to know someone properly as Rivo says. I think like any relationship the main reason a relationship with a TG fails is because the two people involved in the relationship are not in love with the same thing...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by daohoshi Dao View Post
    Yesterday I drove a friend to the airport because she has separated from her husband and is going back to Nong Khai, in Thailand.

    He had a problem that she wanted to keep sending money to her family. He is a little bit rich so she does not understand why he does not want to. He had paid 1 million sin-sot and 2 million for a new house but now says no more money.

    The husband does not understand that the sin-sot and other money is all gone now, to build the house and buy a car. The family still needs money to buy food and to live. She was working here and sent 5000 baht every month.

    He gets angry and breaks things in the house. She gets upset and does not talk to him. He gets angrier and smashes her phone and notebook so she cannot talk to the family. So she finishes with him.

    The problem is she cannot speak English and I cannot understand his English because he sounds like a drunk but he is not drinking.

    Do you think it is easy for things to go bad between a TG and a farang? She truly does love him but cannot stay with him angry like this

    I think their big problem was misunderstanding about money and poor communication because of the different languages. Oh yeah, and they only knew each other for 2 months before they got married. Big problem!!!!

    What other issues do you think make a TG and farang marriage fail?
    Sadly, he is possibly on another forum writing how a cold-hearted TG ripped him off for $100k by pretending to love him and wanting to be his wife. Then once the money ran-out she was off to the airport and back to Thailand to no doubt do it all again.

    Why do these mixed marriages fail?

    Poor communication is only part of the story, a lack of undertanding of each others culture and why they want a partner plays a bigger part.

    It certainly looks like this guy thought his obligations to her family ended once he "buy mama house and give money to father" - how wrong he was

    Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

  11. #11
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    interesting story. (probably because i havent read about a fail for so long having not being on any other forums)....

    But 100k is alot of friggin money.....stupid of the family to be asking for more, prehaps so quickly...stupid of him to be marrying after 2 months. ......sorry Dao i know your friends but stupid all round really..

    But i think your real question for this thread Dao was (555 i think everyone just talk about the 2 months part). what other issues make a fail, which is a very good and interesting question......and i am left wondering other then the obvouis "communcation", is it always the MONEY. !!
    Mrs W and Ya Kha like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Two months is far too quick, you are still in the "cloud nine" stage , and neither party really knows each other. The lack of same language discussion really hinders finding a resolve, and if one party flys off the handle and starting chucking plates around, then no much hope of getting a discussion with both parties contributing and understanding. This is a general outlook, as every situation is different and without all the facts and really knowing the parties involved, impossible to get a take on every individual problem.

    For me at least 18 months of getting to know each other is almost a given before taking the step. Just coming up to that mark for me soon , decisions decisions 555
    Get yer finger out AM.......... I've just found cloud 9 after 2 years.......
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  13. #13
    Wabbits Boss Cadet silver Mrs W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Far from home
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by daohoshi Dao View Post
    Yesterday I driver friend to the airport because she separated from her husband and go back Nong Khai.

    He have problem for she want help family for money. He little bit rich and she not understand why he not want help more. He pay 1 million sin sot and 2 million for new house. He say finish now no more money.

    Now he not understand that yes have house and sin sot all gone for land for house and loans think new car. So her papa now need money to live for food. She work so send 5000 Baht every month.

    He get angry and break thing in the house. She get upset and not talk to him. He get more angry smash she phone and notebook so she cannot talk to family. So she finish from him.

    Problem she cannot speak english and I cannot not understand him english because sound like drunk but he not drinking.

    Do you see it easy for thing to go bad. She true love him but cannot have angry like this

    So this one has problem for understand money and talk to each other. Ohh only know each other for 2 months before get married. Big problem!!!!

    What other issues make fail you think.

    .
    Interesting story, and can understand why this relationship not work. Two months not long enough for love. Understand why farang get sick big money gone quick.

  14. #14
    Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA, USA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    76
    That is a TON of money. This is why I'm taking it slow with my girl. I'm not sure she understands at this point, but that's insane.

    I don't have anywhere near that much cash, and I think if I were in his shoes, I'd probably be pretty angry too. Then again, I'm not going to marry her after one meeting...
    Mrs W likes this.

  15. #15
    Cadet silver bunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North East US
    Posts
    123
    He get angry and break thing in the house. She get upset and not talk to him. He get more angry smash she phone and notebook so she cannot talk to family. So she finish from him.
    I don't think that is a reason why a Thai girl relationship doesnt work..... It sounds like a reason why ANY relationship wouldn't work....

    To me, the real issue doesn't seem to be about money... It was the lack of understanding on both parties and not setting expectations before marriage.

    One thing I understand now after my own failed marriage is that you better set clear expectations from the beginning. Yes things change along the course of a marriage but things like money, children, where you are going to live, who will work and who will stay home, how to handle family situations, etc etc.... whose house you are going to visit during thanksgiving..! 5555 These things should be at minimum discussed.

    If I was that guy, I would really have to think to myself, "self... I also had a hand in this situation... In the end, the decision to give the money was mine..." I think that would be a good start....


    To answer the question, I'd say the long distance... be it that the couple are far apart, or the couple are together but one feels homesick or unable to cope with the different culture.... Probably one of the biggest reasons why these relationships could fail...
    Last edited by bunga; 18th September 2012 at 09:40.
    Nomad likes this.

  16. #16
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    I was wondering Dao if this was the guy that Jonty spoke about a few months back... (can't post the thread as I'm on my phone)
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

  17. #17
    Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Age
    51
    Posts
    645
    I wonder what would have happened to the relationship if he didn't loose his temper, and refused to send any more money home to Thailand, what would she do. would she still leave or stay and support her husband? That's a hell of a lot of money.

    I would tell the family to sell the house and move into something smaller in order to pay the loans. Not my problem any more!
    Mrs W likes this.

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,937
    It sounds like Pappa also bought a truck....

    I just see people all with differing agendas .
    The Thai lady finding a husband and a good life , and a new life for her family.
    The husband thinking hes fast track buying her love and has paid in full.
    The family deciding that the husband has dropped 3 million baht so easily , there must be more from where that came from..

    $100,000 is a lot of money.
    5,000 baht isnt.
    Couldnt the deal have been $10,000 up front , and 10,000 baht a month?
    The husband sounds like he has a disability ( speech impediment) and is probably frustrated with set backs in life... doesnt matter , I couldnt live with someone who smashes things in temper, and I would leave like the Thai lady has. BUT it would make me angry that the sin sot is all gone already. I wouldnt help Pappa more ( up to wife if she does) , but I wouldnt smash things and yell either.

    In the end , PeteGill said it.
    Two months isnt long enough to sort out and modify everyones expectations.

    ( Maybe the husband lost his temper when he found out his wife was working??)
    Last edited by Chob; 18th September 2012 at 16:29.

  19. #19
    Guest Platinum daohoshi Dao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I was wondering Dao if this was the guy that Jonty spoke about a few months back... (can't post the thread as I'm on my phone)
    Yes think so

  20. #20
    Guest Platinum daohoshi Dao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    interesting story. (probably because i havent read about a fail for so long having not being on any other forums)....

    But 100k is alot of friggin money.....stupid of the family to be asking for more, prehaps so quickly...stupid of him to be marrying after 2 months. ......sorry Dao i know your friends but stupid all round really..

    But i think your real question for this thread Dao was (555 i think everyone just talk about the 2 months part). what other issues make a fail, which is a very good and interesting question......and i am left wondering other then the obvouis "communcation", is it always the MONEY. !!
    I agree stupid all people. I can understand both people. Yes the real question what other issue make it fail. Not just this people
    Last edited by daohoshi Dao; 18th September 2012 at 16:53.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •