Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dating a South Thai Girl

Cadet

Dating a South Thai Girl

Noticed any difference compared to say an Isaan girl. So far I've noticed they seem a little less money hungry and more independent.
    Last edited by Damaz; 5th October 2012 at 20:06.

Guy
    The 2 south Thai girls I know are not money hungry at all. Are more independent. Know very well what they want. Can have a serious conversation.

Different them the Isaan girls I know.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    gross generalisation I know but all 3 south thai women I had relationships with were focused on their careers, independent and intelligent. All knew where they were headed and were going about getting there. I found them much more business like than their Issan sisters that I have known

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I would think Issan to the lower South Thailand, would almost be like a different country, they seem poles apart in many things, with the lower South bordering onto Malyasia.

Just curious on two points
    1. when BM's are talking about South girls are they border girls or much higher up around Phuket that you are describing.

2. Are the lower Southern Thailand area's close to Malaysia influenced by that ?
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 28th September 2012 at 13:57.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    "Southern girls" are usually from NST and Hat Yai areas (Phuket to a lesser extent),AM.

These areas are usually associated with "hit men"-slaying type behaviours....generally avoid conflict at all costs 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Hmmmmm..... I have heard the horror stories of Sth Thai Malaysia.. But I have heard horror stories of Isaan as well...

Sorry but this conversation sounds a little Hi so to me as though you are comparing cattle?

You cannot generalise, read all the posts. First mistake you will make is to generalise or put Labels on anybody whether they be Kiwis or Aussies, Poms and Scots, Canadians and Americans.....

Isaan Budhists or Muslim southerners... Would you like to be put in a box and labelled?

I think not. Khup gentlemen....
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    "South Thailand" usually refers to Surat Thani and southwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Hmmmmm..... I have heard the horror stories of Sth Thai Malaysia.. But I have heard horror stories of Isaan as well...

Sorry but this conversation sounds a little Hi so to me as though you are comparing cattle?

You cannot generalise, read all the posts. First mistake you will make is to generalise or put Labels on anybody whether they be Kiwis or Aussies, Poms and Scots, Canadians and Americans.....

Isaan Budhists or Muslim southerners... Would you like to be put in a box and labelled?

I think not. Khup gentlemen....
    Another observation that came to Mind... my Last wife moved from Isaan when her husband died to Na San south of Surat Thani, otherwise I would never have met her....

Once the locals found out that she had me... Rent goes up up up, rent restuarant goes up up up, Powere and water goes up up up.

Mook Crashes motorbike into car..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

S not want me to turn up in Na San as Mook gets hard time at school for having me as Father....

Patrons at restuarant think S Milionaire............. as talk talk spreads about farang husband........
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

I find my situation a bit different. My gf is from the north, and from what I know of her so far, is very dedicated to her studies and knows exactly what she wants to do and what she wants to get out of her life. I am currently impressed with her focus and dedication.

Granted I am very new to all this cross cultural relationship thing and is my first girlfriend of Thai nationality and that I am very much wrapped around her fingers at the moment.... a condition I am trying to reverse!!!
    Spot likes this.

Cadet
    All good info I'll add more as it comes to hand.
    Gazmac likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Yes , its very hard to generalize , but we humans tend to do so....
    Is any American the same as any Australian ?

I have tended to not express my opinions on the subject because a lot of friends have personally lovely gfs , and those girls arent 'south'.
    To me , the Issan is sometimes almost a seperate country , and sometimes you ask a girl where shes from , and she states "Issaaarn".
    So maybe she sees herself as different too.

But VERY generally speaking I have seen differences between Issanese and South women.
    The best word I can find, is that from my experience South ladies are a tad more, 'realistic'.
    They have tended to be more long term oriented , and dont expect everything to happen overnight. They seem to understand that things come from time and effort spent .... They seem not to immediately expect a mansion once they land a falang.

Maybe this is because , per capita speaking , they are better off.
    The land in the South is more expensive , often because the 'modern' crops of rubber and oil palm allow a fairer and more predictable income . These crops are not labour intensive , and the farmer and family can actually have day jobs and still have an income from the land as well. The rains are predictable , and employment prospects better and higher paid than those from the far NE.
    Jobs are reported as being fairly available by Southerners I know.
    ( Phuket is a mixed bag , its not a good example because the Thais here are from all over. But it certainly has plenty of work and is handy to come to for an unemployed Southerner. Just see how many buses fill to head a few hours east every Friday afternoon.)
    So while the differences in Falang -Thai incomes are still large , they are not as huge as those of a single crop rice farmers from up around Udon.

This is just my speculation.
    But put quite simply , I have never seen the grinding poverty of some of the North East , anywhere on my extensive travels around the South.
    As such , Im guessing that they may not have as much tendency to perceive me as a billionaire so be a bit less fanciful...
    I also think that those from the South have had a more contact with tourists , and have seen we are all a bit different.
    Ive also found Southerners to be far more cynical all round , and willing to mock politicians and not show the obedience one would expect from the lower classes.
    IMO they are far more direct and less willing to 'sugar coat' their replies. They will tell you 'No' about things without looking uncomfortable. Stop for directions , they will say , "No , you are going the wrong way."
    These people have cultural traits closer to Indonesia than China , so I fully expect them to be a bit different.

Still they are all 'Thai' , and I know a thorough gold digger or 2 from Surat , and met the most lovely soft hearted lady from Chaiyapum for a time a while back....

( When speaking of the 'South' , Im not speaking at all of the folk in the 'troubled' provinces below Hat Yai.... Ive only been there once , and I do not know of ONE falang that has a girlfriend from that area , Moslem or Buddhist. We foreigners tend not to live in that area.)
    Last edited by Chob; 2nd October 2012 at 15:11.
    Spot likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ there was a girl around a few years ago that was a muslim from the deep south and was one of the sexiest and nicest TG`s i have known in my time here.

don`t mean they`re al like that though.

I like how Chob puts it.

Personally I think generalizing is ok, and I'll be the first to say Koreans in general have issues controlling their emotions and will fly off the handle many times. Boy, I can tell you some stories that are so embarrassing.... The things that I have only seen Koreans do.... shameful.... 5555

However like Chob says, I think there is always a cultural reason behind behaviors of a race or a set of people and unless you walked a mile in their shoes, it would be very hard to understand why a group of people will behave in certain ways.

One thing is for sure tho, greed is global and there are people who will screw you over in every part of the world.....
    Last edited by bunga; 1st October 2012 at 07:24.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    can't see how this or any other forum would exist without people generalising....even those complaining about generalising are actually generalising about those they consider are generalising 555
    Nomad likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I think there is a big difference between the "All thais/TGs/BGs are ... " type of generalising (on which I am a rabid attack dog)
    AND
    " IME South Thais .... etc. " type of generalising - which may result in a question about - Just how many ".... Thais" is it that you know?.

Let's face it - we have all put on the "rose coloured glasses" in LOS at one stage or another, basing our opinions on a sample of one - US!

Chob's examples of his observations and probable reasons for differences are what makes an opinion more plausible.
    Last edited by Zablive; 2nd October 2012 at 14:52.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Agree.
    Some people seem incapable of adding , 'IMO' or 'it appears to me' or 'generally speaking' or 'its my experience' , or 'I have noticed' or even 'maybe'.
    It is accepted good practise in the English language that an addition like the above QUALIFIES the generalizations that follow , and makes them less contentious.

You dont have to know every Thai driver that you pass on a long drive to Bangkok to say ," Thais are generally pretty bad divers" , but if you know at least one safe Thai driver , the statement , "All Thai drivers are idiots" is a red rag to me , as the statement is a total falsehood.
    A lot of the 'opinionated' cant seem to get their heads around this point of the English language ....

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    can't see how this or any other forum would exist without people generalising....even those complaining about generalising are actually generalising about those they consider are generalising 555
    Hmmm Thanks for the clarification sweetlips...&&&<7>

Nurse more medication please...

IME, IMHO, Khup.. 55555555555555555555555555555
    Last edited by Spot; 2nd October 2012 at 20:15.
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Cadet
    One thing I did notice was most people spoke south Thai and there was no use of Krab or kah. In the short time I stayed there I never saw anyone waiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaz View Post
    One thing I did notice was most people spoke south Thai and there was no use of Krab or kah. In the short time I stayed there I never saw anyone waiing.
    That's unusual. Does E normally wai and generally show respect around Kamala/Patong?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    That's unusual. Does E normally wai and generally show respect around Kamala/Patong?
    Come to think of it I don't think so...she uses kah.
    Last edited by Damaz; 5th October 2012 at 21:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast