Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BangkokSteve
  • 2 Post By PeteGill

Thread: Ian Thorpe's Granny says

Ian Thorpe's Granny says

I has a large smile when I read Granny's advice about choosing a bride in
    the last paragraph in this article in the SMH about Ian Thorpe's struggle with depression.

She said, 'Marry someone much younger. That way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'''

Read the full article
    It's tough at the top

BkkSteve
    Quarky likes this.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    My late dad used to say. Marry an ugly girl. Then you don't have to worry about her being looked at by other men... Never did say it in front of my mom though 555555
    Quarky and Gazmac like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Ian Thorpe in financial trouble......(But not really) Ian Thorpe attempts a comeback to elite swimming.....(But bums out) Ian Thorpe suffers from depression....(But it wasn't that bad really) Ian Thorpe Isn't gay (After all)....Ian Thorpe's Granny gives marriage advice....Who is this guy's agent...?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

I agree with your sentiments Changone, he does come across as a bit precious doesn't he.

Still Granny's advice may be be comforting to TD members who are may be havin difficulty with the age difference issue.

Granny's advise rocks I reckon!!!!!!:-)

And I reckon's Pete's father's advice sucks...I like being out and about with a beautiful woman

Though it can be rough on the much younger girl if she cares about others think. Actually can be tough on the guy if he cares too.

The pressures of social respectability and conformity can be a real mind f**k when you are on the fringe. Trink says.. but I don't give a hoot.. which is good advice too.IMO

But there is a general problem here..how much do we conform to the opinions of those around us.. do we ignore or confront or pretend or hide or do the pressures for social conformity serve us well to keep us from falling over the moral cliff. Depends on this issue I guess and social attitude can be formed from very bigoted and prejudiced attitudes entrenched for years, decades, generations.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    No worries Steve, I was very bad at taking advice from my parents....

Here is a story about the lifestyle of a thai man which is probably aspired to by 90% of thai men. ( ?% of all men)

young actress hits the jackpotl

Not sure what Boonchai's granny told him:-)

Cheers
    Bkksteve
    X|0|0
    0|X|0

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    I agree with your sentiments Changone, he does come across as a bit precious doesn't he.

Still Granny's advice may be be comforting to TD members who are may be havin difficulty with the age difference issue.

Granny's advise rocks I reckon!!!!!!:-)

And I reckon's Pete's father's advice sucks...I like being out and about with a beautiful woman

Though it can be rough on the much younger girl if she cares about others think. Actually can be tough on the guy if he cares too.

The pressures of social respectability and conformity can be a real mind f**k when you are on the fringe. Trink says.. but I don't give a hoot.. which is good advice too.IMO

But there is a general problem here..how much do we conform to the opinions of those around us.. do we ignore or confront or pretend or hide or do the pressures for social conformity serve us well to keep us from falling over the moral cliff. Depends on this issue I guess and social attitude can be formed from very bigoted and prejudiced attitudes entrenched for years, decades, generations.
    Move here (LOS) Steve.
    Most of these issues don't exist - and if they do - we don't care.
    There is 28 years difference between me and my partner.
    With some longer term giks/GFs there has been up to 48 years difference - everybody is happy because no outside "social pressure".
    They just have a Farang to "take care" which ranks right up there.
    Last edited by Zablive; 7th November 2012 at 15:01.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Though it can be rough on the much younger girl if she cares about others think. Actually can be tough on the guy if he cares too..
    A well tanned Isaan girl is often looked down upon in BKK, with or without a foreigner in tow, so not always something new for a TG.

It is interesting to see the difference when we are with TG daughter. Many smiles and approving gestures, particularly hotel staff.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Move here (LOS) Steve.
    Most of these issues don't exist - and if they do - we don't care.
    :-)

They just have a Farang to "take care" which ranks right up there.
    Do you mean "a farang to take care of the tg " or a farang for the tg to take care of that you think thais rank right up there?

Cheers
    Last edited by BangkokSteve; 16th November 2012 at 19:59.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0

Both - for a GF or wife IMO.
    They realize that if they take care of you, you'll take care of them.

For Giks and Mia Nois it is more transactional IMHO.

I was talking to an OZ homecare provider last night - she was impressed with my chosen model of TG homecare 555!
    If someone is reaching that assisted care stage - LOS is the place.

Both - for a GF or wife IMO.

I was talking to an OZ homecare provider last night - she was impressed with my chosen model of TG homecare 555!
    If someone is reaching that assisted care stage - LOS is the place.
    Yes Zablive, that is a good point to keep in mind.. Even though it is rather unpleasant looking forward to the time when one needs a carer, I had on occasions thought that would be how my later years would be managed by my 15 yr younger ex-wife, but when I learn that once the kids had left the nest she also intended to bail out, it was one more sour point to the relationship... indeed possibly the most definite beginning of the end of the marriage.

So I guess one must choose a model of TG homecare with , well,um, care and also make sure the home carer understands your requirements and you her requirements. It may also help if there are none of her "real" family members competing for her care.

It has often been said... marry a rich orphan and THE two major marital problems will be eliminated :-)
    Last edited by BangkokSteve; 18th November 2012 at 13:27. Reason: spelling
    X|0|0
    0|X|0

Yes Zablive, that is a good point to keep in mind.. Even though it is rather unpleasant looking forward to the time when one needs a carer, I had on occasions thought that would be how my later years would be managed by my 15 yr younger ex-wife, but when I learn that once the kids had left the nest she also intended to bail out, it was one more sour point to the relationship... indeed possibly the most definite beginning of the end of the marriage.

So I guess one must choose a model of TG homecare with , well,um, care and also make sure the home carer understands your requirements and you her requirements. It may also help if there are none of her "real" family members competing for her care.

It has often been said... marry a rich orphan and THE two major marital problems will be eliminated :-)
    Unfortunately rich orphans here are usually full of character attributes that don't include "taking care" of aging falangs 55555!