Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: TG, Food and You

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

TG, Food and You

When our ladies come to stay no matter from where they have an influence?
    Now food wise do you try/like most food she makes or eats.
    And when she is away do you revert back to what you knew or do you follow a similar pattern as to when she is with you.

I have found that as i have a love of Chili my diet is much the same with or without. but her infiuence has made me more aware of what i put in my mouth.
    2 days do not go by with out pet pet.

And am caught out by her when i fart as with Thai food no smell 55555
    Have lunch out ahhhh you have Farang food 5555

I think Som Tum isaan will never be my cup of tea though som Tum Thai(no crab) i like.
    For her Apple squares and bacon and eggs she loves.
    And many times i hear her say sick of Som Tum no more only to see her sitting there bok bok making said dish...i just smile.

What about yourselves??

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    My house is a nightmare....the youngest wont eat what the eldest likes and vice-versa.... Thip I must admit is a sh1t cook..... some of her dishes are ok most bad (just for the record, she admits this herself).... the answer to your question is- we tend to alternate between Thai and Falang dishes, our friend up the road is a great cook of Thai food and constantly drops stuff over... we seem to go through 25kg of rice every 2 months

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have not experienced this yet but starting to look into things for my my teelak comes to stay with me. I would like to start a herb garden but don't really know what I need. I know chilli is a must, but what chillis? I also know Noy is a great lover of Papaya Salad. They do not sell Papaya all year round. Any ideas there?

I love Thai food but not the same here as it is mostly Westernized. I can't wait to have Teelak come to show me more of her ways of cooking and think i will eat more and more of it as she comes and goes. I still like my steak, Curries and whatnot and will continue to eat these but will eat a lot more Thai food.

A lot of the Isaan food is beyond my liking things wrapped in bamboo all rotton looking and fermented i had a go....wished i had not!
    And why oh why they use that crab......

Conversely Mrs W has said to me how can i eat rear steak or lamb of any kind.
    She like vegimite though 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Papaya and Mangoes are 2 big things JK will miss....brought her a mango today $ 4.00 or 120 baht she will think i am crazy. She is also not a great cook...her mother is awesome so i hear and has always done the cooking at home and for some damn reason has not passed any of her knowledge on to her kids....bummer. I never was into cooking myself but since leaving the ex i have slowly got more and more into it. So far my recipe list is only padthia...chicken and rice with my special oyster sauce and some prawn and chicken curries. I have always loved all Asian food, but now thai is by far my favorite and the kids love it to. I really intend on furthering my recipe list of thai foods...gonna get some good thia cook books and go the whole hog. She will stand and watch me cook....but heres the good thing....i can make as much mess as i like as she totters around me cleaning up as i go...love that

After she left last time i didn't change at all from eating as much thai as i could...some dishes and so quick and easy to cook

4kg bag Jasmine rice and one of those you buett rice cooking machine steamer thingies.....they are a must!!
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Crab hunting... funniest thing was, while catching crabs one of the guys grabbed a bird out of the air... it was the size of a sparrow.... Isaan KFC 555
    Attached Images Attached Images

ohh and add to above....yes growing herbs and the like i am getting into now as well.....heaps of fun.....not sure if mangoes will grow in Sydney through

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ohh and add to above....yes growing herbs and the like i am getting into now as well.....heaps of fun.....not sure if mangoes will grow in Sydney through
    Any insite to what heabs and spices I should grow?

Do a google to see how to grow on these basic 4 to get you started..JK will try to grow anything given half the chance...she hates it when i cut of the bottom to the spring onions and throw them in the bin....she fishes them out and off she goes to plant them in the garden.....works with amazing success...you never have to buy them again 5555

Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)

Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus)

Thai mint (Mentha sp)

Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Any insite to what heabs and spices I should grow?
    You will be told 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Do a google to see how to grow on these basic 4 to get you started..JK will try to grow anything given half the chance...she hates it when i cut of the bottom to the spring onions and throw them in the bin....she fishes them out and off she goes to plant them in the garden.....works with amazing success...you never have to buy them again 5555

Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)

Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus)

Thai mint (Mentha sp)

Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
    Thanks mate i will get it all started tomorrow, Just a little excited even though I am a fair bit away 555