The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Sin Soht

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Absolutely.....
    But I find a lot of times a farangs culture isn't taken into consideration when marrying a Thai.......triply so when the Thai is from a poor family.
    Why would it be? you (not you personally) are marrying into their culture, you're the one that went to their country/culture found a girl and wanted to marry them.

Its not like the girl went to the US to find a husband and is imposing her culture onto yours (again not you).

As its said si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sīcut ibī

I really don't understand the logic in not following the custom in this circumstance unless your happy to cause offence to her and her family.
    Last edited by phaisan; 24th November 2017 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Over 10 years here every Farang I know has financially supported their wife/partner's children from before they met.
    Sometimes Their grandchildren - ref. Chob.
    So in my Thai experience it's not unusual.

As many young Thai men fck then fck-off, then security and support is one major attraction of a Farang partner, if the TGF can trust them.
    Your confused again.

Clearly I was talking about normality of Thai culture.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    Your confused again.

Clearly I was talking about normality of Thai culture.
    Sorry about your short term memory loss.
    Clearly M26 and I were talking about Farangs pouring support into Thais who bring other men's children with them.
    Last edited by Zablive; 24th November 2017 at 20:51.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Why would it be? you (not you personally) are marrying into their culture, you're the one that went to their country/culture found a girl and wanted to marry them.

Its not like the girl went to the US to find a husband and is imposing her culture onto yours (again not you).

As its said si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre; si fueris alibī, vīvitō sīcut ibī

I really don't understand the logic in not following the custom in this circumstance unless your happy to cause offence to her and her family.
    It doesn't matter whose country you are in.... both cultures should be represented and I don't see that very often with Thai/Farang relationships

Sorry about your short term memory loss.
    Clearly M26 and I were talking about Farangs pouring support into Thais who bring other men's children with them.
    You're the geriatric here, you quoted me in the post in case you "forgot" or got "confused" not M26.

It doesn't matter whose country you are in.... both cultures should be represented and I don't see that very often with Thai/Farang relationships
    I disagree, it totally depends on what culture/country you live in.

How subservient.
    No wonder you're such an argumentative and disagreeable prick.
    OZZYGUY and Hatari like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

How subservient.
    No wonder you're such an argumentative and disagreeable prick.
    How is that subservient? or related to being argumentative and disagreeable?

It's funny when immigrants come to live in "our" country... we demand they adjust to our ways... rather than us to theirs....
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    It's funny when immigrants come to live in "our" country... we demand they adjust to our ways... rather than us to theirs....
    But do we really?
    Most immigrants live in their only little enclave, have their own stores and even end up having their own schools by sheer population

My city I grew up in is almost all Brazilian and Latin American and all the stores and restaurants reflect that. They didn't adjust to our ways.
    The city next is all Asian and is what I would say an Asian city now

I enjoy all of that because I like different cultures but I'd hardly say we make them adjust

I meant mostly in the relationship not the wedding event and rituals

But when we had our wedding dinner in Toronto at an Italian restaurant I made sure the whole wedding party went to a big Thai meal the night before because we should have had Ao's culture represented

We didn't do anything religious but if we had.....I would have included Ao's Buddhist rituals as part of the ceremony no matter where we were

Is that why you have difficulty adjusting in the UK?

But do we really?
    Most immigrants live in their only little enclave, have their own stores and even end up having their own schools by sheer population

My city I grew up in is almost all Brazilian and Latin American and all the stores and restaurants reflect that. They didn't adjust to our ways.
    The city next is all Asian and is what I would say an Asian city now

I enjoy all of that because I like different cultures but I'd hardly say we make them adjust
    You are kidding me... that's all people go on about... especially on here... immigrants should adjust to our culture.. or fuck off...

I am not saying what actually happens in reality.. I am saying what we tend to demand... even the tests for immigrants now I would fail... I don't know enough about my own culture... 55
    PeteGill and phaisan like this.

Is that why you have difficulty adjusting in the UK?
    Yes. And anywhere else...
    OZZYGUY likes this.

You are kidding me... that's all people go on about... especially on here... immigrants should adjust to our culture.. or fuck off...

I am not saying what actually happens in reality.. I am saying what we tend to demand... even the tests for immigrants now I would fail... I don't know enough about my own culture... 55
    Ad you said.....what actually happens in reality

You can have blowhards whining about immigration but the reality is we don't make them adjust and never have, including our immigrant families

And I see nothing wrong with immigration testing
    If you want to go live in a country, you should know about it

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021