Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Men in the Country

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Thai Men in the Country

Having this conversion with JK this morning, and wanted to pose the question here..

Have any of you while visiting you GF/Wives in Issan or in any village felt any animosity from any of the thai men in the village ?

I mean it must happen in some places and you can kinda understand why.....rich farang steals thai lady would equal some jealousy.....rich farang come and build your fancy house in our village and marry our woman, just wanna stab you with a knife !!

JK has 2 male friends in BKK that both came from Issan, and both said to her direct in a rather confronting tone.....ohh you marry farang you must like big d1ck aye ??

So is it hatred or respect or maybe even something in between ?
    Last edited by Sydney; 11th March 2013 at 10:20.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    There is always some sense of that when the "Hangers on" start to arrive at the Baan simply because there is a free beer around. Usually people with this attitude aren't family and therefore should be rightly ignored. "Smithers...release the hounds...".
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    There is always some sense of that when the "Hangers on" start to arrive at the Baan simply because there is a free beer around. Usually people with this attitude aren't family and therefore should be rightly ignored. "Smithers...release the hounds...".
    Yeah this is the only experience I've had.... refused to buy some freeloader a packet of smokes, he was a little bit upset!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I am guessing here, i did experience a bit when out in the country, but not like you guys.
    I compare it to a big, tall fit negro coming to my local pub and all the girls fall all over him in expectation he has a big d..k and a lot of money.
    I experienced this in Townsville many years ago, my first time there. I lived in a townhouse complex, next door was the American import for the Croc's, a tall fit negro. The number of girls that sat on the step outside my door in tears waiting for him to come home at 4am..."but last night I told him i love him and he said he loved me, why isn't he answering his phone> why won't he open the door??".

My guess is the Thai men have animosity, but also know they need us to pay for their family and lifestyle, so a mixed can of worms. Anger, envoy, thankfulness, who really knows.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    plenty of them back in the baan rubbing their hands together at the trickle down effect from their wives and GFs off working in the RLDs

^^ So perhaps the monetary value out-ways the animosity ..........

I am a red haired Carpenter, a well worked 90kilo and quite buff in a lord Humungous sorta way, so no.....they(Thai men) only ever seem fearful or friendly with me!

In Ubon, you only get a smile, if you can give one also. You get respect if you show intelligence and consideration for others.....same same, only different.

It's only some of the older generation that seems to want to bludge(ones that drink too much and embarrass their family)- Thai's under 40 seem much more like westerners ethics wise and are more concerned with creating their own prosperity(maybe having no dole is a good thing!!!). None of my wife's family would openly show envy anyway and in Ubon; due to her families military background, no Thai's would be hostile to me (if they know whats good for them!).

Now showing fear, confusion or anxiety has a lot to do with the reaction you get......anywhere in the world, from man or animal.

I never felt any animosity when I visited my ex g/f's home in Petchaboon, everyone was always very friendly and in fact the guys often bought beers with them .......
    All who wander are not lost

Thai men might resent it if foreigners moved in on "their" sweet young things. For the most part the kind of women that are of interest to foreign men are too old, dark, wise, experienced or whatever to be of much interest to the locals.
    Last edited by Mick; 5th April 2013 at 08:35. Reason: Improve language / grammar

Whoops

****y internet
    Last edited by Mick; 5th April 2013 at 08:36. Reason: Double post

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Yeah this is the only experience I've had.... refused to buy some freeloader a packet of smokes, he was a little bit upset!
    Same page china, I made a point of it when all these freeloaders turned up last trip and the trip before. I never leave the bottle on the table anymore and save an empty one which I bring out to close the bar.

Apart from that I am treated really well, My yai is highly respected and they all know me. Aprt from knowing and doing a bit of a deliberate performance for Courtneys body guard in Na San and it having the desired effect. So far so good. I always greet with a smile and try to make a joke to break the ice....

Oh the Muslims were a different story they just ignore me....... Completely...
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Thai men might resent it if foreigners moved in on the sweet young things, but for the most part the kind of women that of interest to foreign some are too old, dark, wise, experienced or whatever to be of much interest to the locals.
    as i was saying earlier.....many of these women are already married/living with Thai men or are family members and supporting them from their "farang proceeds"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Thai men are just as diverse as Thai ladies or falang...
    Middle class and high class Thai men are in a different league, so to speak, and face it, they have first pick..555

Poor Thai men find their wives at a really young age, and will never be serious about a girl who has been married before or has children..
    And there is a large subculture of Thai men who never intend to have or take the responcibility for a family.. Girlfriend untill she gets pregant and then leave..

So there is not really any competition with the falang men.. They must think we are stupid touching "damaged goods".

The one exeption I have seen is the serious, educated to some extend, young and married Thai man, who is left by his wife, because falang have more to offer..
    Seen this close by in the sister of my (then) GF...
    They were married for 3 years, her 28, him 29.. both uni trained and working in BKK..
    She openly asked me, through my Gf, If I could make her pregnant, because she liked Thai-falang baby's so much..
    Go figure.. Used my GF as an interpreter, and said this in the presence of her husband..
    He was not happy for sure, and he was glad that I got angry for even asking me this..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Thats a weird story Rak...

I have only once sensed a put down going on , he used gutteral south Thai so I didnt really understand , just picked up from the awkwardly smiling faces of the younger family men.
    He left with a smirk and a jeer , and it was after he was gone one said 'kor toat' ( sorry) and looked after him as he left.
    He turned out to be my tgs ex-husbands best friend , so I guess he was trying to get big face.
    Otherwise I get a wai and have a chat ... I usually contribute a carton of Leo on the first night, and when its gone , its gone.
    Since they drink their beer with lots of ice , I seem to get my share.

But the other BMs are correct , we arent after the 20 year olds they all desire...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Thai men might resent it if foreigners moved in on "their" sweet young things. For the most part the kind of women that are of interest to foreign men are too old, dark, wise, experienced or whatever to be of much interest to the locals.
    Or just plain too educated, to suffer the misogyny and egocentric attitudes of the mainstream Thai men(same as Aussie "blokes" or dudes)- a good looking dumbass has never been on my menu, "a mongers delight is a wise mans fright!"
    and to be real my best times have spent with quite "unremarkable" types, less barbiedoll- more kick and thump!
    A PYT is only worth 1500/2000baht in season peak-only interest would be by a mamasan, scared of losing revenue to a GFE time off. If you wanna play Daddy that's where its at.....
    I would alway be inclined to go the girl that can crank, my high compression engine and grease the shaft! which aint the itty bitty southern thais, who are so fiery, crazy bitches. Issan has the look I like the most, love those noses! but the titties come after motherhood!(like russo/slavic women)
    Anyway being a monogamous type, that game is now happily all over as I made my kill(wasn't fun making it it was laborious and a PITA)- time to role over it to pappa bear mode.....

Ps- the one family member that tried it on me(wanting coin for naught)- he died soon after my first meeting; envy and conspiracy are corrosive emotions- beware of them, they'll pull u a sunder!
    Thais have superstitious faith, after he died they all reckon I was "blessed". No oned like the cranky ol ****!
    Last edited by OzzyDamo; 23rd December 2013 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Thats a weird story Rak...

I have only once sensed a put down going on , he used gutteral south Thai so I didnt really understand , just picked up from the awkwardly smiling faces of the younger family men.
    He left with a smirk and a jeer , and it was after he was gone one said 'kor toat' ( sorry) and looked after him as he left.
    He turned out to be my tgs ex-husbands best friend , so I guess he was trying to get big face.
    Otherwise I get a wai and have a chat ... I usually contribute a carton of Leo on the first night, and when its gone , its gone.
    Since they drink their beer with lots of ice , I seem to get my share.

But the other BMs are correct , we arent after the 20 year olds they all desire...
    I wonder how young men, witnessing a "hiton" by a middle-ager to a 20 something in Australia would react???? If she was whore, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow in Thailand- just the same is my call, but lets face it time and place is everything.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    I wonder how young men, witnessing a "hiton" by a middle-ager to a 20 something in Australia would react???? If she was whore, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow in Thailand- just the same is my call, but lets face it time and place is everything.....
    Im not sure it has to be a 'working girl' who makes the eye contact and is 20 something.
    Anyone who has stayed here a while will have experienced some quite surprising advances from not unattractive ( plus unattractive) women half their age.
    That has to be one of the attractions of LOS , a shrug of the shoulders about your age when age is inevitably broached by the Thai.
    Its always ascertained , but then barely seems to have any at least negative relevance to the Thai lady.
    My ex couldnt understand that I was sometimes uncomfortable about being with a girl 20 years younger.
    She got insulted when I mentioned it , as if I meant she was too immature for me , which it turned out she was...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    Or just plain too educated, to suffer the misogyny and egocentric attitudes of the mainstream Thai men(same as Aussie "blokes" or dudes)- a good looking dumbass has never been on my menu, "a mongers delight is a wise mans fright!"
    and to be real my best times have spent with quite "unremarkable" types, less barbiedoll- more kick and thump!
    A PYT is only worth 1500/2000baht in season peak-only interest would be by a mamasan, scared of losing revenue to a GFE time off. If you wanna play Daddy that's where its at.....
    I would alway be inclined to go the girl that can crank, my high compression engine and grease the shaft! which aint the itty bitty southern thais, who are so fiery, crazy bitches. Issan has the look I like the most, love those noses! but the titties come after motherhood!(like russo/slavic women)
    Anyway being a monogamous type, that game is now happily all over as I made my kill(wasn't fun making it it was laborious and a PITA)- time to role over it to pappa bear mode.....

Ps- the one family member that tried it on me(wanting coin for naught)- he died soon after my first meeting; envy and conspiracy are corrosive emotions- beware of them, they'll pull u a sunder!
    Thais have superstitious faith, after he died they all reckon I was "blessed". No oned like the cranky ol ****!

Can't agree with a lot of this ODama.
    Some of the best noms I've seen in LOS have been on TGs who've never had kids and come from far south of Isaan - not that there's anything wrong with the dark skinned farmers' daughters (who seem to have the nipple market by the throat, so to speak).

Too many generalizations mate - how long have you lived here?
    Last edited by Zablive; 23rd December 2013 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Im not sure it has to be a 'working girl' who makes the eye contact and is 20 something.
    Anyone who has stayed here a while will have experienced some quite surprising advances from not unattractive ( plus unattractive) women half their age.
    That has to be one of the attractions of LOS , a shrug of the shoulders about your age when age is inevitably broached by the Thai.
    Its always ascertained , but then barely seems to have any at least negative relevance to the Thai lady.
    My ex couldnt understand that I was sometimes uncomfortable about being with a girl 20 years younger.
    She got insulted when I mentioned it , as if I meant she was too immature for me , which it turned out she was...
    ^^^ But also isn't the Thai females lack of concern about age difference part of their culture and history, when much older men 60 and 70 would have many wives, and sometimes as young as 13 ? I know i am giving an example here going back some centuries, but it must have some bearing on today's psych ? ... or am i way off the track ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Hmm, where did this thread get dug up from?? 555

I am involved with a "sweet young thing." I have got nothing but welcomes and warmth in the Village. The Thai men seek me out, want to talk and get frustrated when Sweetie won't translate. 555

I have been to a few weddings and the parents seek me out and put me in a place of honour where everyone can see me.

And Yes, many come to me asking for "Nung Bia" or "Loa Koa." 555 But never any animosity or rudeness.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast