Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "My Thai Wife" Doco

The "My Thai Wife" Doco

I thought this to be a well produced doco

Although the wife is from isarn she speaks standard thai to the camera...mmmmm...so I could follow her side of the story OK

There is no subtitles for the spoken thai though so if you cannot hear her viewpoint, you may take away a slightly different view, maybe only slightly.

No opinion offered here by me... each can make up his/her own mind

Cheers
    Last edited by BangkokSteve; 8th June 2013 at 23:32. Reason: typo
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    SPOILER ALERT

the guy is an absolute idiot
    no ifs, ands or buts about it

putting all his money in her account, and you see him at the end when she is clearly mocking him and he has no clue, still trying to hug her
    that outcome was going to happen to that guy no matter what, didn't matter which girl it was
    he was ripe for the picking

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I thought the film was well done. Wish I knew what the women we're saying though.

Krasang is the ultimate town without pity...55

They should do a follow up. Where is he now?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    They should do a follow up. Where is he now?
    i'd bet my life savings that mutt is working 14hrs a day as a security guard at a mall to save up get back to Thailand to get screwed by another girl

Production : My Thai Bride Film Directed By David Tucker

Apparently Ted is doing fine in Wales.

The film is so well shot that you forget that most of the shots are retrospective.

Production : My Thai Bride Film Directed By David Tucker

Apparently Ted is doing fine in Wales.

The film is so well shot that you forget that most of the shots are retrospective.
    where does it tell you what Ted is up to now?
    i can't find that

It's at the bottom of the Production page.

It's at the bottom of the Production page.
    a one liner that he is leading a successful life in Wales hardly gives you insight

if building a house in Issan and whatever probably little money she kept from his account left him destitute, how successful of a businessman could he have been prior to that?
    and then he goes back and say 4 years later, he is "successful"

i would consider success for that idiot would be not being an idiot again

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I recognise the statue in the vid with all the women attending it as one 'Lady Mo' ( Ya Mo), the sort of Heroine of Korat.

Nakhon Ratchasima ( Korat) is only about 3 hours from Bangkok , so is in Issan , but being so close to Bkk many dont people speak a very broad Issanese.

I read the statue had been raised since I was there about 4 years back.
    One of the stories of Lady Mo may give pause for thought on the vid.
    It goes that the Lao army arrived and the Thai men fled , but Lady Mo ( The Vice Governors wife) called on all the women of Korat to hail the Laos men as their heros , fill them with drink and take them to their beds.
    This the Korat girls did , and fell on the men with knives , and cut their throats at dawn.
    ( A Krasang District is shown as east of neighbouring Buri Nam, but this Krasang is a town)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chob; 9th June 2013 at 03:46.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    a one liner that he is leading a successful life in Wales hardly gives you insight

if building a house in Issan and whatever probably little money she kept from his account left him destitute, how successful of a businessman could he have been prior to that?
    and then he goes back and say 4 years later, he is "successful"

i would consider success for that idiot would be not being an idiot again
    True. The one liner could just be a happy ending fiction. Maybe in Ted's case successful is suviving his thailand failure. I think Ted should produce a follow up himself. Maybe makes some money.55

It also says he is divorced. Did they say that in the movie?

Anyways I thought he played himself very well..55 Always with a bottle of Chang in his hand, on the verge of tears. A few shots of him taking a long chug. Even though he's a mutt there was some sympathy for him. It must've been very difficult to relive it. The creator did find him at the final act of real life. It could have just as well been me being filmed when me and my ex were deteriorating. I can't imagine I'd be up for filming during that. Maybe the creator kept hiom alive with food and room as the pay...55

Ok , I 'played on' and she tells the story of Ya Mo in stylised pictures ...men being chewed up and spat out by women...she speaks a very simple and clear Thai.

True. The one liner could just be a happy ending fiction. Maybe in Ted's case successful is suviving his thailand failure. I think Ted should produce a follow up himself. Maybe makes some money.55

It also says he is divorced. Did they say that in the movie?

Anyways I thought he played himself very well..55 Always with a bottle of Chang in his hand, on the verge of tears. A few shots of him taking a long chug. Even though he's a mutt there was some sympathy for him. It must've been very difficult to relive it. The creator did find him at the final act of real life. It could have just as well been me being filmed when me and my ex were deteriorating. I can't imagine I'd be up for filming during that. Maybe the creator kept hiom alive with food and room as the pay...55
    maybe i am a heartless bastard but i have no sympathy for stupidity, i really don't
    maybe you have a different perspective going through a hard divorce but would you call anything you did stupid?
    to me, beyond fcuking up by cheating or things you regret.....if you are married for 5-10 years and it just doesn't work out for whatever reasons, i don't think the person getting dumped is stupid

but falling hook line and sinker for the whole thailand package
    moving over, building a house with a good portion of your funds, and then giving her all your money into her bank account where you'd have no access to it
    how can you have sympathy for that?

If I just heard the story in a bar. Sure. Stupid dummy. But when I saw his pain it invoked pity. Just like in a fictional movie. He wasn't a mean, loud mouth, bull ****ter. Just a middle aged, naive fool...55

I was imagining his landing back in Wales with only the sandals on his feet and no support from friends. There was no mention of any family either.

If I just heard the story in a bar. Sure. Stupid dummy. But when I saw his pain it invoked pity. Just like in a fictional movie. He wasn't a mean, loud mouth, bull ****ter. Just a middle aged, naive fool...55

I was imagining his landing back in Wales with only the sandals on his feet and no support from friends. There was no mention of any family either.
    he seemed like a harmless guy......that is for sure

but you seem to feel bad that he didn't mention family but i think you are not looking at it at another angle
    a lot of guys like Ted choose Thailand over their family, you see it all the time
    so you can't then expect your family to be there when you suddenly need them

and the funny thing is a lot of those guys who choose Thailand over their family and friends go on and on about how good the family structure is in Thailand!!

A better ending would be if he grabbed a bull dozer and razed the house and pig farm...55

"Developed with the Assistance of the Australian Government" ?

What are they trying to say? 555
    Have they brought together psychologists and film makers with the aim of hopefully preventing a future spike in 40 year + male welfare dependents?

Marc26 is correct , the guy is a mut .
    And IF he can sell anything as he says , he should be back on his feet in no time.
    Hes presented a p!sshead as well. Theres a large Chang in most of the scenes hes in.
    She comments on that , plus 'John' ( poor) and 'kimoy' ( thief) though I dont understand a lot she says.

But the interesting thing is theres lots of Thai men live quite happily under the conditions she sets , except they simply Take more spending money....

I dont get why he 'took a loan' back home before he moved to LoS either. If its so cheap he should have had the cash already.

I also dont understand why theres no sutitles either.

Anyway , a well produced and filmed little movie.

A better ending would be if he grabbed a bull dozer and razed the house and pig farm...55
    Ahhh ...the old 'vengence is mine' recurring American theme ....only needs a little ol' .45 to really make it work !!

He does mention there is family he doesnt 'care for'...

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    "Developed with the Assistance of the Australian Government" ?

What are they trying to say? 555
    Have they brought together psychologists and film makers with the aim of hopefully preventing a future spike in 40 year + male welfare dependents?

Marc26 is correct , the guy is a mut .
    And IF he can sell anything as he says , he should be back on his feet in no time.
    Hes presented a p!sshead as well. Theres a large Chang in most of the scenes hes in.
    She comments on that , plus 'John' ( poor) and 'kimoy' ( thief) though I dont understand a lot she says.

But the interesting thing is theres lots of Thai men live quite happily under the conditions she sets , except they simply Take more spending money....

I dont get why he 'took a loan' back home before he moved to LoS either. If its so cheap he should have had the cash already.

I also dont understand why theres no sutitles either.

Anyway , a well produced and filmed little movie.
    me and Dupes talked about this one

Seeking Asian Female

SAF

it is extremely well done, with the creator reluctantly getting involved as part of the story
    this guy, you start off thinking he is a mug, the you just think he may be a bit crazy( legit screw loose) by the end you are rooting for him!

it would take every ounce of my willpower not to do that
    if i had any money left to hire one!! 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    it would take every ounce of my willpower not to do that
    if i had any money left to hire one!! 555
    I don't consider myself a vengeful person by any means but the house, pig farm and two or three generations of her family would be obliterated from existence if that happened to me. He might be a mut but that is just thievery in my books.

I would love to see an accurate figure of the instances of this sort of dilemma, I'm sure it is larger than reported because of the utter embarrassment of the poor silly bastards being taken for everything. And as an after thought, how many of those same fellas end up topping themselves over it ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast