Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know how Thai internet dating sites work??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I think the OP has asked the wrong question. You obviously know how it works. You are using it. What I think you were trying to ask is 'Where are all the hot chicks?'

try DateInAsia.com - Home of Singles in Asia. Asian Dating and Personals.

From the moment you sign up women will throw themselves at you.
    had a look Sledge ..for some reason wanted my mobile number...i wonder why 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I was in touch with a girl on a dating site regularly when i first came here that wrote and read great English.

When i met her i found out that she could hardly speak it or understand it spoken as she had learnt it from a textbook at school.

About the best conversational English from a TG i`ve experienced in LOS was from a ex BG bar owner in Soi Dongtan that was into and attended MotoGP regularly withe her Italian BF and had met Rossi and Stoner and idolised them 5555

The older more experienced BG`s usually can hold a decent conversation.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I was in touch with a girl on a dating site regularly when i first came here that wrote and read great English.

When i met her i found out that she could hardly speak it or understand it spoken as she had learnt it from a textbook at school.

About the best conversational English from a TG i`ve experienced in LOS was from a ex BG bar owner in Soi Dongtan that was into and attended MotoGP regularly withe her Italian BF and had met Rossi and Stoner and idolised them 5555

The older more experienced BG`s usually can hold a decent conversation.
    My girlfriend's written English far exceeds her spoken English. For one, it is much easier for her to understand and for me to be understood. She learned English mostly over the internet, skype and facebook chats.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Seeking opinions and knowledge: I have used the thai-language.com to compose sentences to communicate on sites but use the Western text; so is it just as difficult for a TG in a dating forum to read Thai in Western alphabet txt, as it would be for her to read straight English?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    After spending a few days in Sydney I think a bloke must be mad traveling all the way overseas to hook up with an Asian girl, the place is absolutely crawling with them. Yer I know they are not the same as your average BG but for volume, there are sure a lot of them out there. There must be quite a few on dating sites here?

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    After spending a few days in Sydney I think a bloke must be mad traveling all the way overseas to hook up with an Asian girl, the place is absolutely crawling with them. Yer I know they are not the same as your average BG but for volume, there are sure a lot of them out there. There must be quite a few on dating sites here?

Just an observation.
    Someone ought'a test-drive that idea Ted ... &&&
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post

Just an observation.
    ask Distantspeak
    if my wife ever left me, i would not go without Asian companionship in Vancouver 555

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    My girlfriend's written English far exceeds her spoken English. For one, it is much easier for her to understand and for me to be understood. She learned English mostly over the internet, skype and facebook chats.
    one of my wife's friends in Vancouver has a uni degree and has been to English classes here in Vancouver
    her written English is shockingly bad! like, it looks like a 4th grader has written it!

on a side note, my stepson goes to a middle class Thai school and the english he learns is impeccable and he sent as a package the other day and his written English was better than mine!
    so maybe they are doing a better job of teaching kids English these days?

Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    What I've noticed over a period of time is that a lot of the ladies seem to disappear off site after 2/3 months never to be seen again.Do these ladies rely on these Dating sites to find a loved one ,only to become disallusioned after getting lots of visitors,or mayb just a few, to their profiles,promising the world but not delivering ,or do they fall in love with the first Farang or second one that says hello to them?On these sites there appears to be a never ending supply of women from all ages and towns thruout thailand.
    Not surprising that they disappear after a couple or three months. Life moves on.

Maybe they have got lucky with someone they have met, on-line, or elsewhere. Maybe they have become disillusioned with the idea of on-line partner seeking. Maybe.... Maybe.... Maybe.

And then maybe they will come back on-line if things don't work out with the one they met. Or they want to have another go. Or whatever.

Meanwhile there will be others who sign on to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    So do Thai ladies use these sites as a way of meeting people ,or do they use these sites as a spur of the moment thing while out shopping,or egged on by someone who's had success in that site
    All of the above, I would have thought, and more.

Why do you check out internet dating sites? Why does anyone?

Everyone has their reason, and they are not all the same.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ Just to add another reason they may stop is money. many don't have ANY writing ability, English or Thai and pay someone in the village with a computer, to do it all for them. If the family haven't been paid for their crop yet, or it is the wrong season then money can be short.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ Thai friendly is free.....no way would I pay to be on a dating site...555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ Thai friendly is free.....no way would I pay to be on a dating site...555
    i just looked at that site for 1st time, and the front page with the pics of girls, not too many lookers
    BUT.......we all know thai girls just don't seem to photo well
    we obviously know by walking around the country that on a whole, they are a beautiful ethnicity
    just seems cameras are not all that great to them

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    This is a photo of the last girl I spent real time with from TF....she became a regular date/TGF and remains a good friend...worked reception at a hotel (for the school holidays) when I met her but has gone back to NST now to be with her kid again and teach school...28 yo, 5'8", a degree in political science...smart girl but as with most TG's wanted it to go from 0 to 100 in the first 2 dates...she has calmed down a bit since thank goodness

I have no complaints about the "looks" of the girls I have met from TF....its more the "marriage within the first week" syndrome I have a problem with
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bacwaan; 29th June 2013 at 15:11.

I`d say the majority of TG`s on these places are looking for a LT farang sugar daddy,sucker and not ST?

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    This is a photo of the last girl I spent real time with from TF....she became a regular date/TGF and remains a good friend...worked reception at a hotel (for the school holidays) when I met her but has gone back to NST now to be with her kid again and teach school...28 yo, 5'8", a degree in political science...smart girl but as with most TG's wanted it to go from 0 to 100 in the first 2 dates...she has calmed down a bit since thank goodness

I have no complaints about the "looks" of the girls I have met from TF....its more the "marriage within the first week" syndrome I have a problem with
    i wonder where that pic was taken...???..im getting a bit homesick 5555

Met a TG through TF, took her to dinner and I was not expecting much more; she had come straight from the office, no make up, no jewelry but still looked as nice as in her photo; anyhow, she spoke very good English and it was a pleasant evening; she had recently been stood up by her German BF / Boss, he had been carrying on behind her back with a Filipina whom she was training and so, I guessed she was gutted and looking for a rebound relationship, we parted after dinner just friends. I think TG whom have no contact through bar work, previous boyfriends or work in an Int'l Co.are going to be hard work to converse with, IMO.

I recently had a girl I met on TF come to Australia on holidays with 2 of her friends. They stayed with me at my place here in Gosford and I took them to the Hunter Valley on the Saturday and to the Reptile Park on the Sunday, after the dating bit was done and I proved not to be a grub, we spent the next couple of nights together in our own hotel room in Sydney before she flew home.
    Educated, financially independant, hotel receptionist from BKK, who is attractive and has a great personality, really great weekend.
    If I was in BKK I would have a couple of dates every weekend with attractive ladies via this and another site no problem, I have had 3 messages today and 3 yesterday alone.
    My mate lines up about 5 or 6 dates per trip as he's over the phoniness of the BG scene, he's met a couple of great girls this way.

Further to the comments above about them not being lookers, thats the best kind of site, because it means there actually real and not phony profiles and in regards to the "majority" looking for sugar daddy's, I say from mine and my mates experience its the minority.
    Last edited by dlew; 29th June 2013 at 20:52.

Cadet Gold
    I signed up to have a look, and I am drowning in messages. Now I know how girls on dating sites feel in the west, 555.

It's a little too serious for me though. Isn't there a Thai dating site for more casual relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    It's a little too serious for me though. Isn't there a Thai dating site for more casual relationships?

^ Bangla road,WS,Soi Cowboy etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ Bangla road,WS,Soi Cowboy etc etc
    you on top form Lew 555555

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast