Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your wife/tg and your sports?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Your wife/tg and your sports?

Just wondering how everyone's wife/tg enjoys or hates their local sports. Would be interesting to hear

might be more suitable for the guys with girls living OS but could apply to everyone

mine:
    American football- hates it, mainly because it consumes my whole Sunday from 10am
    until about 9pm and now on Monday and Thurs too

Baseball- hates it because it is on every single night, they play 162 games/yr

Basketball- she played basketball and loves it. She gets into it when Boston Celtics are good and has went to a few games in Boston

Hockey- i guess not surprising since we live in Canada but she loves it! Gets really into and loves the Boston Bruins and we been to a bunch of Vancouver games

although when i was watching football/soccer last Saturday, she did say if we ever divorce she will tell the judge because i watch too much sports 555
    I do actually watch a ton of sports, so she may have a point!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    most of the girls I "date" are into the same sport as me....555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    MW likes cycling which is good but coverage is sparing here so we watch the grand tours late at night if she is bored she sleeps.
    Moto Gp and NRL are likely to be the only other sports on our TV except maybe this week end with the AFL gand final..Go the [SIZE="5"]Doccaaaarrrs[/SIZE].
    Base ball and American foot ball must be cultural as I find it massively boring...
    Ice hockey is cool...Loved that movie The Goon.5555

I do not like too many to watch but what ever my kids are doing I like. The both play ice and in-line hockey. My brother in law plays soccer for he job and I go and watch him.

I will play cricket on the beach and things like this.

My favourite is not like a sport is this with my son.

UAV Challenge - Outback Rescue 2013 - Search and Rescue Challenge

my son just won this and we get back.
    yung rai kwa suea

The TG I was seeing a few years back became obsessed with the football world cup. Knew players from teams better than me... she didn't miss a match... plus she was a Liverpool supporter. It almost seemed too good to be true...

Then I discovered she didn't understand the LBW rule with the ball pitching outside of leg stump... and that was the beginning of the end... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Her: Anything Thailand are playing in 555... she is very keen on the national teams...... She loves EPL, and surprisingly I took her to see a Rugby Test, and she loves it as well... Greyhound Racing is fave, as is Horse racing.... I love the horses, but the dogs are take it or leave it for me.... she saw the dogs on TV here and was hooked..... Watched them for hours and loved the excitement.... I think she really secretly liked when they come to grief tho 5555........... And if you consider sport fishing a sport, she is pretty into that as well......... Wide a varied tastes that is for sure

Me: Pretty much any team sport, not so much NFL or Baseball, or AFL..... But will watch em... not big on the individual sports like golf or tennis

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    My TG has certaily embraced the AFL.
    Been to 6 games in the past year.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Interesting question ... Other than Thai Boxing what other sports are played in LOS ??..... JK is trying to show me ( act out) another sport now, but i wouldn't have a clue what it is ..... looks like Hacky sac to me ...555 ???

Other Thai Sports

Basketball ? ... too short
    Swimming ? .. hate water
    Soccar/Football ... yes i think some

But JK really likes watching NRL/rugby league here in AUS, but i think that had more to do with finding the most hansum man on the field and then choosing that team to win !!

I have taken her to play Tennis and she really enjoyed it, and wasn't to bad after a few goes...

I also plan to take her to a driving range, and if she manages to hit the little white ball ok, then it will be off to the golf coarse.

Generally i would say Sport is not really in the Thia blood... but i could be wrong ?? certainly not in comparison to sport like being a religion down here in Aus and NZ....

OK got it what JK was meaning and poorly acting out...55 Sepak Takraw....
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I dunno what it is called, but they play a weird kinda volleyball/soccer combo thing..... Now that is a pretty exciting game to watch

Volleyball and Badminton for starters...

Hatari has a good thread on Thai Sports going...
    Last edited by Quarky; 27th September 2013 at 21:00.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I stopped of to watch the a bit Phuket Rugby 10s with my ex TGF, but didn't stay for long. She thought it was just fighting.

Going past the Green Man in Chalong one evening, they were showing a Rugby test match on the big outside screen. She wanted to stop to see what the crowd was there for. She enjoyed it, and was quite happy catch the odd big game after that.

I know quite a few Thai women who are well into soccer..... I have no time for the game myself.
    Last edited by Mick; 27th September 2013 at 20:52.

we were introduced through sport - she was spectating with friends, me competing in a surf lifesaving comp (note here I represented Australia that day, a ring-in)
    some time after met again via mutual friends. And so things progressed. . . .
    Sport remains a strong common interest; both swim and cycle, follow some same sports on TV. Tour de France each year live each night on TV.
    Her work the main barrier since July when changed to a Mon-Sat employer so Sundays are the only free full day. Active sport and a 48hr work week plus commuting don't mix well.
    She's fanatical and very noisy - as are her friends - re Thai volleyball, badminton, any Thai at Olympics, SEA Games, ASEAN Games esp athletics events.
    Two dangers here - I need earplugs, and sit on opposite sofa fearful of swinging arms - spectating/cheering can be both physical, and dangerous. She's played those sports plus tennis, and table tennis to provincial level. Swims but prefers pool to beach, and we're lucky to have a good 6 lane 25m pool under 1km away open to 7pm with outdoor exercise park nice place in the evenings.
    Most of 'my' rugby is on Fri and Sat afternoons so doesn't get a chance to share that game. Lucky, maybe, when I was helping coach a youth team she'd sometimes come along and talk to the mothers, little interest there. Despite her brother being football mad, won't watch that game (neither will I).
    Been with me twice to KL/Sepang for MotoGP Malaysian Grand Prix- once to the races second time around 'off shopping' (I think that counts a sport?) I've tried takraw with no success, that one definitely 'too hard'
    Moving to a new town we've made most of our friends/social contacts through various sports groups, is and always has been an important part of my life.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    My girl was quite keen on the Volleyball championship between LOS and Japan that happened recently. Thailand has won two years in a row now.

When she was eighteen she had a Thai football team Logo tattooed on the back of her hand. I don't think the regret has fully set in for that one yet. 555 Now she doesn't even watch.

Mention any other sport and her eyes glaze over. Still I think the potential is there, she could quit easily get into a sport again with the right situation.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    mine:
    American football- hates it, mainly because it consumes my whole Sunday from 10am
    until about 9pm and now on Monday and Thurs too
    And that was just one game .......

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    The only two TG's I can comment on are Nui and Tung, both of whom seemed to have no use for any type of professional sports.

When up in Chiang Mai, Nui did go with me to watch some Muay Thai boxing at the arena in the same complex as Stewarts old 69 Bar, but she was not a fan. Stew also had big screens showing football, rugby and AFL, none of which she paid any attention to.

Tung was pretty much the same. No interest in any sport as far as I could tell. I watched a bit of football (soccor to us Canadians) on her TV in her apartment, but she was really bored by it, tho she thought nothing of watching Thai soap operas, which I certainly did not find all that exciting! 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Interesting question ... Other than Thai Boxing what other sports are played in LOS ??.....w....
    as Hatari said, volleyball and badmington are very big in Thailand
    i think moreso because they are games that the girls seem to play in school

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^^. yeah i somehow missed Hatari's thread on thai sport, but have read it all now and not bad...Jk also played badminton, volleyball and table tenns at school.... and guess what, basketball too, although at 4 foot nothing i suspect she wasn't that good..55

Having said that who was the short bloke who was awesome around jordans era....bugsey or someone ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^^. yeah i somehow missed Hatari's thread on thai sport, but have read it all now and not bad...Jk also played badminton, volleyball and table tenns at school.... and guess what, basketball too, although at 4 foot nothing i suspect she wasn't that good..55

Having said that who was the short bloke who was awesome around jordans era....bugsey or someone ?
    Muggsy Bougue

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    And that was just one game .......
    ha
    3 different times of games but as far as she is concerned it could be one! 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar

Don't for get Spud Webb. He was 5 foot 7 inches or 170 cm. He won the Slam Dunk Contest in 1986, the shortest person to ever do so.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast