The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Spoiling a Thai girl

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But you have the money to leave your country to go live in another country because of that system

And moving to a country where the working situation and time off is WAY WORSE than Australia

Talk about slavery? Most people that your gf knows likely work 12+hrs a week, 6days a week and ask them the last time they took 1 whole week off in a row
    The answer would be zero for most of them
    I think it should read
    "Talk about slavery? Most people that your gf knows likely work 12+hrs a day (not week), 6days a week and ask them the last time they took 1 whole week off in a row
    The answer would be zero for most of them"
    1080 and 1080 like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    For me my working life will be over soon. The wife will be bringing in the monthly wage. She has had me supporting her and bub for almost five years. I will have limited input for the household budget.
    The Australian government has seen fit to effectively exclude me from my preordained right to an old age pension. Sure, I can return to Australia at the age 67 and claim my stipend BUT I will have to stay in Australia for a period of two years to keep said pension. The contract I signed up for at 15 years old stated I would be taken care of at age 65 but the goalposts keep moving.
    M26, you have a point , at least we have a choice.
    I am a bit pissed off with the way things are going at the moment in Australia. Enough said for now.
    One more thing, I would spoil my wife more if I could.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    For me my working life will be over soon. The wife will be bringing in the monthly wage. She has had me supporting her and bub for almost five years. I will have limited input for the household budget.
    The Australian government has seen fit to effectively exclude me from my preordained right to an old age pension. Sure, I can return to Australia at the age 67 and claim my stipend BUT I will have to stay in Australia for a period of two years to keep said pension. The contract I signed up for at 15 years old stated I would be taken care of at age 65 but the goalposts keep moving.
    M26, you have a point , at least we have a choice.
    I am a bit pissed off with the way things are going at the moment in Australia. Enough said for now.
    One more thing, I would spoil my wife more if I could.
    Well I hope you can keep that possibility of returning when you are 67yrs old

You might enjoy the break back in Australia and it may be worth it financially
    And two years fly by

Good luck regardless

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Thanks for digging up this old thread, Cobba. I tend to just read the latest stuff and ignore the old. I spent an enjoyable hour reading all the responses... even my own.

And, I haven't changed my perspective in what I wrote. I'm still doing pretty much what I always did, but with someone new. When this thread started I was living with Pui who has since died. But, in Thailand a farang man does not have to be without a reasonably attractive woman, no matter how old you are.

M26 has a point when he says that many Thai women work a 6 day week and don't take holidays. Over the past 20 years I dated 3 different nurses and one dentist. Our relationships ended because they didn't have any time off to do anything or go anywhere. On their day off they just wanted to rest or complete chores they had put off while at work.

Platinum
    From what I have seen, what a westerner sees as spoiling a Thai girl isn’t always seen as spoiling from the Thais perspective. I remember a trip report when the poster was disgusted when he brought his then girlfriend to a department store and told her to go crazy buying clothes. He got angry when she displayed a lack of interest.

I have seen girls showered with expensive perfume, jewelry, clothes etc and feel uncomfortable and even sometimes disgust and the same girl light up beaming from ear to ear when a guy buys her an ice cream or a coconut unexpectedly.

It is probably a culture thing and differing values but to me spoiling a Thai girl is making her laugh when she is down, or listening and understanding when she is telling a story at a million miles an hour. Not trying to win affection which more times than not enforces the fact that it is a transaction.

I hold the same true for western relationships. Really spoiling someone is remembering a throwaway comment that had meaning and acting on it. Not bringing someone to a Michelin restaurant and expecting gratitude. Maybe that is why I hate being bought gifts. I value the little things that show someone gets me than a flash watch. Now snakeskin cowboy boots are the exception. That wins my heart every time.

Now snakeskin cowboy boots are the exception. That wins my heart every time.
    How about crocodile skin cowboy boots instead? Thailand seems to have an excess of crocodiles. They are always swimming around the popular beaches. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    From what I have seen, what a westerner sees as spoiling a Thai girl isn’t always seen as spoiling from the Thais perspective. I remember a trip report when the poster was disgusted when he brought his then girlfriend to a department store and told her to go crazy buying clothes. He got angry when she displayed a lack of interest.

I have seen girls showered with expensive perfume, jewelry, clothes etc and feel uncomfortable and even sometimes disgust and the same girl light up beaming from ear to ear when a guy buys her an ice cream or a coconut unexpectedly.

It is probably a culture thing and differing values but to me spoiling a Thai girl is making her laugh when she is down, or listening and understanding when she is telling a story at a million miles an hour. Not trying to win affection which more times than not enforces the fact that it is a transaction.

I hold the same true for western relationships. Really spoiling someone is remembering a throwaway comment that had meaning and acting on it. Not bringing someone to a Michelin restaurant and expecting gratitude. Maybe that is why I hate being bought gifts. I value the little things that show someone gets me than a flash watch. Now snakeskin cowboy boots are the exception. That wins my heart every time.
    You have apparently never seen my wife's bag collection 5555

Or some of her texts that start like this, one simple word and I know something is coming

Paulie.......
    Minder likes this.

Platinum

Or some of her texts that start like this, one simple word and I know something is coming

Paulie.......
    Yeah but that’s your wife Paul and she to some extent has been westernized by living in Canada which means she has some western value on items.

I was more talking about a bar girl who a customer is trying to spoil than in a long term relationship. One other thing I have noticed is the girls putting on the puppy dog eyes and asking for something to see how far they can push a guy and his wallet. Sometimes they respect someone for saying no. Just an observation. As I said I’m perpetually single so starting to even doubt myself. 5555

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    How about crocodile skin cowboy boots instead? Thailand seems to have an excess of crocodiles. They are always swimming around the popular beaches. 555
    They would come a close second. Any skin really. Goes with my 70s p1mp image. Joke

Paulie.......
    Pardon me if I laugh... but that sounds so familiar.... the one sweet word with a question tone. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Yeah but that’s your wife Paul and she to some extent has been westernized by living in Canada which means she has some western value on items.

I was more talking about a bar girl who a customer is trying to spoil than in a long term relationship. One other thing I have noticed is the girls putting on the puppy dog eyes and asking for something to see how far they can push a guy and his wallet. Sometimes they respect someone for saying no. Just an observation. As I said I’m perpetually single so starting to even doubt myself. 5555
    I know and agree with your posts

I was just joking around
    Notorius likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I used to design and have jewellery made for my former wife to celebrate important time markers during our marriage...a lot of thought, time and not an inconsiderable amount of money went into those extravagances....

Despite the fact that we have always remained best friends (and still do) I think that the most hurt I have ever been was when we last met she showed me how she had my jewellery maker (and good friend) who used to craft to my designs, combine the 3 major (and most expensive) rings that I had given her over our 12 years together (one emerald, one ruby and one saphire, all with diamonds) into one...gone was all of the beautiful design I spent many many hours, deep in thought poring over...and in its place the same stones crammed into a very ordinary, chunky gold band...man, I nearly wept when I saw that...no idea how I kept a straight face....but it gave me resolve..no more...never..not for anyone
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I used to design and have jewellery made for my former wife to celebrate important time markers during our marriage...a lot of thought, time and not an inconsiderable amount of money went into those extravagances....

Despite the fact that we have always remained best friends (and still do) I think that the most hurt I have ever been was when we last met she showed me how she had my jewellery maker (and good friend) who used to craft to my designs, combine the 3 major (and most expensive) rings that I had given her over our 12 years together (one emerald, one ruby and one saphire, all with diamonds) into one...gone was all of the beautiful design I spent many many hours, deep in thought poring over...and in its place the same stones crammed into a very ordinary, chunky gold band...man, I nearly wept when I saw that...no idea how I kept a straight face....but it gave me resolve..no more...never..not for anyone
    Better than just throwing them away.. or selling them I guess...

Reminds me of something completely different... a house I once owned... I spent a lot of time making the garden lovely... putting in lovely trees and plants... and after I sold it, I passed by it a year or two later... every tree and plant had been ripped out... and a wall had replaced my lovely hedge... I almost cried... made me realise that you never really "own a house"...55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

My ex did the same with rings I gave her. But, she gave me something much more valuable... she gave me my freedom back... and I no longer had to continue supporting her useless children. After that I came to Thailand and it changed my life for the better.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

That's messed up..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

I guess there was always the option of keeping them in her jewellery collection along with the many other pieces I designed and had made for her over our time together..and just not wearing them....

when I came to Thailand I bought with me the two most treasured of my "keepsakes"...the watch she gave me on our wedding day and the carved jade oar I was given in an official ceremony to celebrate the wharenui design I "donated" to a marae...

I don't wear either..I keep them in velvet bags...but I just can't see me smashing either up or melting them down to make new pieces any time soon
    Last edited by bacwaan; 3rd August 2018 at 03:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    That's messed up..
    I kinda thought so....but never said a word...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I kinda thought so....but never said a word...
    She should have asked for your opinion. From her perspective it makes sense to combine them. But she should have considered your perspective.
    bacwaan likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456