Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Are we suitable for a TG

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Are we suitable for a TG

A lot is talked about the suitability of TG's for partnership and marriage.
    And back ground is talked about extensively but hardly ever is the other side of the equation discussed.
    The suitability of the guy! Why when these relationships fail the TG gets most of the blame for the unsatisfactory outcome.
    Now in a failed relationship each play their part, be it going into a relationship blind or expecting their respective partner to bend to their way!
    I wonder how many guys look at their reasons for planning a future with a TG?
    When these things go in the wrong direction how many of us look inside and truly look at our part and understand where things went wrong.
    Some if honest might be able to say they should never have started their particular relationship as with some thought could see it would not work.
    Then there are the other relationship that will live or die with the effort and commitment we put in.
    For me it is simple but I am interested in how others here feel also interested what Mrs M might think on the subject.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    This is a good question Wabs, there is no simple way for me to answer it.... I tell you the answer in 20 years...
    I like to think of it as, I am having a relationship with Thipvimon rather than just a TG

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    A lot is talked about the suitability of TG's for partnership and marriage.
    And back ground is talked about extensively but hardly ever is the other side of the equation discussed.
    The suitability of the guy! Why when these relationships fail the TG gets most of the blame for the unsatisfactory outcome.
    Now in a failed relationship each play their part, be it going into a relationship blind or expecting their respective partner to bend to their way!
    I wonder how many guys look at their reasons for planning a future with a TG?
    When these things go in the wrong direction how many of us look inside and truly look at our part and understand where things went wrong.
    Some if honest might be able to say they should never have started their particular relationship as with some thought could see it would not work.
    Then there are the other relationship that will live or die with the effort and commitment we put in.
    For me it is simple but I am interested in how others here feel also interested what Mrs M might think on the subject.
    55555, do you really want to know? What is the question again??? mai khao jai kha Can you write in Thinglish? my head hurt?

If my relationship fails I know it will probably be my fault... as I hold far more variables...

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    55555, do you really want to know? What is the question again??? mai khao jai kha Can you write in Thinglish? my head hurt?
    I got what you mean, eventually

I am not sure we (men/women) even care why it did not work but we know that it was not working. But Wabbits, you got the point that most of the time Thai Girls get the blame. But there are always 2 sides of a story, depend on who get to speak first (Its seem that the side who speak first get more credit, or which side that you hear their story first seem to be the right side :< )

I know some people who their relations (both serious and not serious) was not working, and they decided to end it. There were some couples that was the Girl who was the problem, and some obviously that were the mens.

We are talking about "ARE WE SUITABLE FOR TG?" quite short and blunt but very interesting.

It remind me of when I started the thread that "why do you want to marry a Thai girl?" in the other website. The thought was similar to ARE WE SUITABLE FOR TG? or something like WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAI, AND WHY YOU WANT TO MARRY THEM?. but that thread did not go well, and go to hell 555

There are some men might say that, "I like the girl, she make me happy and I want her in my life, but I don't care or don't want her family."

some might say, "I hate the stupid idea of Sin Sod, but I still want to marry her" . or "I love her very much but her family is a nightmare",

I will say "If you don't like it...tough (too bad)" or "take it or...leave it", "believe it or not, it come in a package"

My answer is,
    - If you are PREPARING for whatever that will/might come along with your girl, You are suitable for TG
    - If you HAVE so much money to know what to do with it and don' care where its go, You are suitable for TG
    - If you have DONE your homework and be aware of what is coming with your girl, You are suitable for TG
    - If you LIKE Thai food (we can not live with out it) You are suitable for TG

- If you ARE a good person, you are suitable for anyone

The rest just leave it to luck and destiny.

My answer is,
    - If you are PREPARING for whatever that will/might come along with your girl, You are suitable for TG
    - If you HAVE so much money to know what to do with it and don' care where its go, You are suitable for TG
    - If you have DONE your homework and be aware of what is coming with your girl, You are suitable for TG

I'd say you only need those in red... that's all I have... so if it aint enough, it aint enough... ;-)

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'd say you only need those in red... that's all I have... so if it aint enough, it aint enough... ;-)
    You got 2 of those, which is plenty DP

I guess I have always looked for the girl in the culture rather than the culture in the girl. I like an independent mind... someone not inhibited by family, culture, religion or nationality. So in many ways the question "Are we suitable for a TG is almost irrelevant... it's more... are we suited to the girl we choose... or who chooses us? If not... you chose wrong... 555

Meatloaf... ahhh my soulmate...

I got what you mean, eventually

I am not sure we (men/women) even care why it did not work but we know that it was not working. But Wabbits, you got the point that most of the time Thai Girls get the blame. But there are always 2 sides of a story, depend on who get to speak first (Its seem that the side who speak first get more credit, or which side that you hear their story first seem to be the right side :< )

I know some people who their relations (both serious and not serious) was not working, and they decided to end it. There were some couples that was the Girl who was the problem, and some obviously that were the mens.

We are talking about "ARE WE SUITABLE FOR TG?" quite short and blunt but very interesting.

It remind me of when I started the thread that "why do you want to marry a Thai girl?" in the other website. The thought was similar to ARE WE SUITABLE FOR TG? or something like WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAI, AND WHY YOU WANT TO MARRY THEM?. but that thread did not go well, and go to hell 555

There are some men might say that, "I like the girl, she make me happy and I want her in my life, but I don't care or don't want her family."

some might say, "I hate the stupid idea of Sin Sod, but I still want to marry her" . or "I love her very much but her family is a nightmare",

I will say "If you don't like it...tough (too bad)" or "take it or...leave it", "believe it or not, it come in a package"

My answer is,

Some of your prerequisites i had prior to Meeting Mrs W but some i have come to know and accept after some time.
    She is Mahk Mahk fair about money and family much better than i could have hoped for.
    Happy to say that it has been a meeting in the middle. Some my way some hers.

If my relationship fails I know it will probably be my fault... as I hold far more variables...
    We sometimes could be said to hold the power in the beginning but as you grow together that becomes quite even.
    Your variables would be partly not wanting to lose your independence to any girl?
    Not uncommon and something i did not want to lose and with Mrs W i can still keep it..well the parts that are important to me anyway.555

We sometimes could be said to hold the power in the beginning but as you grow together that becomes quite even.
    Your variables would be partly not wanting to lose your independence to any girl?
    Not uncommon and something i did not want to lose and with Mrs W i can still keep it..well the parts that are important to me anyway.555
    Yes, that's one of the variables... and I was talking about relationship failure at the beginning... I have more issues. As time passes I agree a balance is reached and hopefully you become one... if not... then epic fail!

Yes, that's one of the variables... and I was talking about relationship failure at the beginning... I have more issues. As time passes I agree a balance is reached and hopefully you become one... if not... then epic fail!
    No more or less chance for you no matter who the girl or where she from. Being a bachelor for this long never going to be a easy transition 555555555

No more or less chance for you no matter who the girl or where she from. Being a bachelor for this long never going to be a easy transition 555555555
    I know... it's giving me nightmares... 555

Could be time DP for you to fill in some gaps with a "Life Story" post! 555..... no pressure

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I think that anyone is suitable for anyone. Mrs M brought up some goint points as well as others have. I feel if you love the person you can make it work. You may have to work at it and change a lot of things to make it work but if you truely love the person you can and will be willing to do that. I do believe with a TG that the family comes with her too and you have to be willing to except that as well as the cultural differences where you you in return will have to look after you in-laws finacially.

I agree with you G4, as the saying goes "Love conquers all boundaries" and If the love is strong enough the cultural differences will not get in the way... True love allows you to see past someones short comings..

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I agree with you G4, as the saying goes "Love conquers all boundaries" and If the love is strong enough the cultural differences will not get in the way... True love allows you to see past someones short comings..
    Yes it does....allows you to forgive things you may never accept in others........Jeeeze dang gone donte sound so good when you say it like that 555555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Could be time DP for you to fill in some gaps with a "Life Story" post! 555..... no pressure
    One day... but not yet. ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast