Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Your Thai wife / Girl friend and her kids

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    One of the guy works for me has 3 boys all two years apart
    Obviously hard work, no doubt about it

When he had the 1st two and they were about 6 and 4 he would come into work grumpy as hell then comment "you don't have kids"

Went over his house to hang out
    The 6yr is whacking him with a plastic bat, like really hard
    And he's just saying quietly 'Don't do that Eric"

I told him he should take the bat and whack the kid on the ass and he'd be a lot less grumpy
    I told him I didn't need to have kids to know that 5555

And thats why my kids would never do that..........555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    One of the guy works for me has 3 boys all two years apart
    Obviously hard work, no doubt about it

When he had the 1st two and they were about 6 and 4 he would come into work grumpy as hell then comment "you don't have kids"

Went over his house to hang out
    The 6yr is whacking him with a plastic bat, like really hard
    And he's just saying quietly 'Don't do that Eric"

I told him he should take the bat and whack the kid on the ass and he'd be a lot less grumpy
    I told him I didn't need to have kids to know that 5555
    I read this and bust out laughing because its totally true!

Alice went thru a faze of just wandering around the house hitting people with a toy and sorta waiting to see what happened.
    We agreed we would ignore her - she was three after all.
    One day we are all watching TV and Alice hits Bee and knocks her empty coffee cup out of her hand , and Bee snatches the toy off Alice and hits her fair and hard over the head , then hands it back to Alice and stands up. Alice retreats to her bed silently.
    She hasnt done it since ...
    Not sure a study ( or an inquiry into violent parenting ) is required ... 555
    OZZYGUY and Oldmanemu like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    I read this and bust out laughing because its totally true!

Alice went thru a faze of just wandering around the house hitting people with a toy and sorta waiting to see what happened.
    We agreed we would ignore her - she was three after all.
    One day we are all watching TV and Alice hits Bee and knocks her empty coffee cup out of her hand , and Bee snatches the toy off Alice and hits her fair and hard over the head , then hands it back to Alice and stands up. Alice retreats to her bed silently.
    She hasnt done it since ...
    Not sure a study ( or an inquiry into violent parenting ) is required ... 555
    Although I don't believe in physical punishment when kids get older, it does work when they are young and you can't reason with them. As long as it doesn't really hurt them, it is quick and efficient... and it gets their attention.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Although I don't believe in physical punishment when kids get older, it does work when they are young and you can't reason with them. As long as it doesn't really hurt them, it is quick and efficient... and it gets their attention.
    I punished the kids when they were young up to about 5 years old, never had too since. I have never hit them more of a put them in the naughty corner or take a toy off them for a few days, week etc. But the key I found is if you say something carry it through. Sometimes. Some parents say something like "if you dont stop I will kill you" like sure mum.... If you say something do it and both parents need to stand by each other.

My first few wife’s trained me much the same…55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

I was physically beaten a lot as a kid. Probably stopped only after I became bigger than dad, so about when I was 14? But I was a little arsehole as a kid so probably deserved it. My brother was much better behaved after he saw what had been done to me... 55

The beatings made me scared of dad, but it didn't really stop me from doing bad stuff... so probably didn't work as intended.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Mostly i was a good kid, especially when little.

Dad was the scary one, he worked late and it wasn't that often i saw him.

If i had done something Mum was angry about she would say" Right your for it when Dad gets home!!"
    That meant a strapping with his belt, around the legs or bum.

I will add that I had a lot of love and affection from Mum and at times from Dad.

My belief and experience is that when small they need the discipline but also love in doses,, if the child feels love from the parent but then that love can be shown to be hurt by what the child has done, thus punishing them without any smacking.

I only ever had to raise my voice or look upset and the kids pulled into line very quickly.

If given lots of love and happiness, they quickly realize it is precious/special, once that is stopped or threatened, they will comply.

The thing is young parents, still kids themselves, don't understand the child's mind is still forming, as are theirs. So there is often conflict.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    "My belief and experience is that when small they need the discipline but also love in doses,, if the child feels love from the parent but then that love can be shown to be hurt by what the child has done, thus punishing them without any smacking.

I only ever had to raise my voice or look upset and the kids pulled into line very quickly.

If given lots of love and happiness, they quickly realize it is precious/special, once that is stopped or threatened, they will comply."

Thats pretty much it buddy.
    Pure disciplinarians miss the part wherein people naturally gravitate toward love and inclusion and are stunned when the 'fear' they think should rule all is answered with rebellion.
    Show interest and affection to the kids around you , and invariably they will try to get more of that by trying to please ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    "My belief and experience is that when small they need the discipline but also love in doses,, if the child feels love from the parent but then that love can be shown to be hurt by what the child has done, thus punishing them without any smacking.

If given lots of love and happiness, they quickly realize it is precious/special, once that is stopped or threatened, they will comply."

Thats pretty much it buddy.
    Pure disciplinarians miss the part wherein people naturally gravitate toward love and inclusion and are stunned when the 'fear' they think should rule all is answered with rebellion.
    Show interest and affection to the kids around you , and invariably they will try to get more of that by trying to please ...
    Wow that's great

Obviously I don't have kids, but my 2 nephews are as close as any non-kid would be
    The younger one told me "I'm your kid" last month when he was here

We were talking about his older brother, who has had some issues. And he can be not the nicest kid at times to people
    I mentioned to the younger one that the older one with issues always answers my calls and texts better than the younger "good" one does
    He said, "yeah, because he's afraid of you"
    I said "Good, he should be" 5555

The younger actually explained that saying "he's afraid of you" is I am one of the only people that he cares what they think about him

But I don't mind him being a bit "scared" of me either.........

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Man. I got a beating when I was 13. A few of us took one of our dad's car out for a joyride at 3am. The cops chased us and we surrendered. First my Mom gave me a a hard Irish slap tothe face. I went to bed and was awoken by my dad's fists of fury. He didn't even wake me first..555
    Quarky likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Man. I got a beating when I was 13. A few of us took one of our dad's car out for a joyride at 3am. The cops chased us and we surrendered. First my Mom gave me a a hard Irish slap tothe face. I went to bed and was awoken by my dad's fists of fury. He didn't even wake me first..555
    See.. the beatings never did us no harm... though my head is a funny shape now.. 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I wish it was acceptable to give beatings to your friends who happen to be approaching senior citizenship

Sadly it's not......

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I remember chatting to a bg in bar funk who started screeching when I told her my name. Weirdly she had called her son Josep as she said she loved the name. Weirdly she got a kick out of shouting it out in the throes of passion. 555

I got some savage beatings when I was a kid from my dad. Always when I messed up at school. I remember been beaten around the legs with a Hurley (think hockey stick used for an Irish sport which has a metal hook at the bottom) never got my spellings or sums wrong after a few though. It may seem extreme but it’s just the way it was. I would never do it but didn’t really affect me.

In school we had some psycho teachers who thinking back were borderline psychos. Our English teacher (one of my favourites) brought me up to the top of the class for messing. He made me lie down where he proceeded to put a four legged stool over my shoulders with just my head sticking out. He sat on it and dropped the wooden blackboard duster on my head. If someone did it now they would be done for assault but we found it hilarious. Another teacher made me put my head underneath the blackboard and lean into it while on my tippy toes. Left me there for the entire 45 minute class. In study got the best clock around the side of my head when the monk caught me with an esquire magazine and I was ogling a pin up. Probably deserved that one. I didn’t mind any of that but I think I mentioned one housemaster who emotionally bullied me for 5 years. No one has ever affected me so much and always regret never standing up.

It does have a happy ending when he came up to me in a club when I was about 21 or 22 and I payed him out. Karma.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234