Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Do you tell Your GF about these Forums?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Do you tell Your GF about these Forums?

Last night I was talking to my GF on the phone and she asked me about where I talk to guys in Thailand. I tried to explain about the forum and eventually she got the idea of what It was. She then told me she doesn't like me talking on them, and doesn't like me giving out personal information (which i can understand) anyone else had these issues with their GF's? Noy's thoughts are that they can create problems talking to people who may have experienced bad things in the past and feels it could cause more worrying (which another forum did for me in early days) She seems worried that I could end our relationship from someone elses advice.

This will not stop me using forums but do I hide it from her? Do I try to make her understand more? I have reassured her that I make my own decisions for myself and she has nothing to worry about but she still doesn't like the idea

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Her reaction is normal IMHO.

For example, I hate it when I hear a group of Poms whining about Australia.

I mean what's to like - a group of foreigners get together and mostly bad mouth your country - does it make any difference if its real or virtual?

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

I mean what's to like - a group of foreigners get together and mostly bad mouth your country - does it make any difference if its real or virtual?

Enjoy
    Very good point there. How did Mrs M react when she first heard about it? I think we know how she feels about it now

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Thip was always concerned about peoples avatars more than anything

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Very good point there. How did Mrs M react when she first heard about it? I think we know how she feels about it now
    LOL....she still refers to a certain board as Phuket fcuking column.....unknown to me she tried to post on that board and was abused, called a troll and (I think indicative of the level of actual knowledge there) told she did not know anything about Thailand by some members. Bad first impression - never recovered from that.

This board was approached with a certain level of anxiety and apprehension - but the response was positive and the rest is history.

Interestingly Mrs M told her Dad about forums and how I participated in them - he was/is all for me being involved - he figures I might give a more even account than some.

I guess if there was an internet forum for Thais with farang in-laws I'd rather he was there giving my side to.

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Interestingly Mrs M told her Dad about forums and how I participated in them - he was/is all for me being involved - he figures I might give a more even account than some.

I guess if there was an internet forum for Thais with farang in-laws I'd rather he was there giving my side to.
    This would be my main reason for staying on PI... to add a balance to it!
    Shame about Mrs M's experience, there was a similar case not so long ago with a girl called "go girl"... she made one post and was bullied off, being called a troll and a fake

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    This would be my main reason for staying on PI... to add a balance to it!
    Shame about Mrs M's experience, there was a similar case not so long ago with a girl called "go girl"... she made one post and was bullied off, being called a troll and a fake
    Are you still in contact with her? I think this would be perfect fpr her

I was friends on FB with her... but she seems to have gone from my friends list

I was friends on FB with her... but she seems to have gone from my friends list
    Bumma, this would be good for here. I know she wanted to learn about falang but I am sure she will work it out

She does know and I promised to never talk about her by name... and I never will. Maybe one day she will want to do a Mrs M... but that is some way off... if it ever happens... 555.
    Shame you lost GoGo Girl PBB... she would have been an interesting addition here.

I do not ever mention her name just her Nickname, because honestly how many Noy's are there in Thailand? Hope to see a Mrs DP in the future 5555

I do not ever mention her name just her Nickname, because honestly how many Noy's are there in Thailand? Hope to see a Mrs DP in the future 5555
    I have taken a couple of Noys LT in the past from Patong... many moons ago though... 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thip was always concerned about peoples avatars more than anything
    Yes, Jeab use to sometimes come over to see what I had on the computer, and the posts didn't mean anything as it was English, but the avatars were of concern to her, especially naked or raunchy ones. "Why you look that girl?"

[QUOTE=G4orce;3901]I do not ever mention her name just her Nickname, because honestly how many Noy's are there in Thailand?

Try doing a google search on any of their nicknames, 100 pages of links 555555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Mrs W same same treats them with concern she is ok now but she knows some of my actions were a direct result of forums and my attempt to learn about LOS some info is less tan helpful!!

Mrs M.
    Last night I was talking to my GF on the phone and she asked me about where I talk to guys in Thailand. I tried to explain about the forum and eventually she got the idea of what It was. She then told me she doesn't like me talking on them, and doesn't like me giving out personal information (which i can understand) anyone else had these issues with their GF's? Noy's thoughts are that they can create problems talking to people who may have experienced bad things in the past and feels it could cause more worrying (which another forum did for me in early days) She seems worried that I could end our relationship from someone elses advice.

This will not stop me using forums but do I hide it from her? Do I try to make her understand more? I have reassured her that I make my own decisions for myself and she has nothing to worry about but she still doesn't like the idea
    Tell her to call me ^_&

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Tell her to call me ^_&
    555 thanks for that, I will keep that in mind. I have told her that I am going to keep using them but she is just a little worried it will cause problems with me and her as it nearly did not so long back. I dont think she has any problems with me talking to people about Thailand and relationship troubles but more talking to people i dont know and taking there advice over hers as i know her a lot more then some BM's I hope that makes sense

Mrs M.

Enjoy
    Mr M. would sometime asked me about Thai language, some words, phrase that he found someone asking on a forum. And he often tell me whats going on in the forum, who is who,which on is good one,which one is ... ^_&.

So I have some picture about this kind of forum, and then I thought wait a second they are talking about my country, not bad mount but some got wrong fact,etc. Why don't I jump. Yes I really did jump in alright 555 fighten some of them maybe and did not really understand whats happen and why? some of them did like try to make a fight with me 555 then i though nah bugger it. This is not the place for me. It like a political I have to say. Lets just leave it there where it happended

The part that I hate before was that I will see Mr M. sometime a little upset, when some one bad mouth about TH,you know some one who do not really know, and want to show off, etc. And he will sit there and try to think want to write to give the right fact that he know and you know... do not make them feel like you hit their head with a pestle 55.

I did not really like some of those Avatar 555, but getting use to of them. They are kind of scary, bums, boobs, etc...

But Thai-Dreaming is different, maybe becasue we already know some of people on the forum that make its easier. And Mr M. was very careful with this time. He make sure that he introduced me first, then nobody think that I am a troll (whatever this thing is). I was a bit nervers at first, but with the warm welcoming and open mind of all the members, I am still here ^_^

Hope that help,

Mrs M.
    555 thanks for that, I will keep that in mind. I have told her that I am going to keep using them but she is just a little worried it will cause problems with me and her as it nearly did not so long back. I dont think she has any problems with me talking to people about Thailand and relationship troubles but more talking to people i dont know and taking there advice over hers as i know her a lot more then some BM's I hope that makes sense
    That is make sense, and fair enough G4.

I think that listening is the best way to know and learning things. But there are things that are not worth listening if you know what I mean.

In buddhism way we have our great way of doing things is "middle way" not too less,not too much. We listen and think that which one suit us, which one not, which one is rubbish.

I have a rule .."trust your first instinct". There are times that I have to make decision which I am not very good at this. I take long time to make decision. to buy things, to do things, I hate being like this. but I guess this is who I am. Mr M. hate it 555 too bad.

Well, talking about making decision. There was one thing that did not even have to make decision. I alway know that I want it. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Well, talking about making decision. There was one thing that did not even have to make decision. I alway know that I want it. ^_^
    You talking about Mr M????