Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Men who Love Ladyboys- BBC Doco

  1. #1
    Cadet Gold BangkokSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    413

    The Men who Love Ladyboys- BBC Doco

    Here ya go

    I found this variation on handsome man meet BGs quite interesting


    Ladyboys : Series 1 Episode 3 The Men Who Love Ladyboys : ABC iview


    Enjoy
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Can't be viewed in Thailand.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,402
    Or UK , Aussies must be the target market 555

  4. #4
    Cadet Gold BangkokSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Can't be viewed in Thailand.

    It must be the whole ABC Iview site that is not accessible... its for watching TV programs recently aired on Australian TV channel Australina Broadcasting Commision (i.e. ABC).

    I'll look for it on BBC and other sites.


    Oh here ya go
    http://www.thedocumentarysite.com/la...-love-ladyboys
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,402
    Sure there was a thread on it , was shown on UK Living a while back , there are two series

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    804
    Yeah its just the 'ladyboys' series that was shown on SKY TV on Living. So nothing new.

  7. #7
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    Here ya go

    I found this variation on handsome man meet BGs quite interesting


    Ladyboys : Series 1 Episode 3 The Men Who
    Love Ladyboys : ABC iview
















    Enjoy
    Show was run bout 2-3years ago,intersting doco.ABC2 mustnt have any other shows to televise.Tho its good
    doco to watch.(;
    if your desparate to watch it.its on youtube
    Youll find Scott has bought his ladyboy lover a ladyboy beer bar on PATTAYA....SENSATIONS
    Last edited by bepp; 11th May 2014 at 00:39.

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,402
    ^ Action Street , if you are looking for it

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    This is that one that had that real impressive LB who ran her own successful businesses and now is a politician

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by NOMIS View Post
    Yeah its just the 'ladyboys' series that was shown on SKY TV on Living. So nothing new.
    This show was on free-to-air Oz TV just recently - SBS.

    Essa Bee Ess... Gotta love it. More tits and bums than any other channel.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,402
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    This is that one that had that real impressive LB who ran her own successful businesses and now is a politician
    Yollada ''Nok'' Suanyot


  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Yollada ''Nok'' Suanyot

    Yes
    Very impressive person

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    Thai freedom is a weird one. Well their freedom is not weird but our comparisons of the freedoms of LOS vs Western countries is

    We can all agree Thai society is more accepting of trans people than we are in the west but they also discriminate against them in a far greater manner in legal terms than most places in the west

    This falls along the lines when people falsely state that getting a visa to western countries is so much harder than us in Thailand when factually Thais have so many more rights and avenues for proper visas than we ever will in Thailand

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,783
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Thai freedom is a weird one. Well their freedom is not weird but our comparisons of the freedoms of LOS vs Western countries is

    We can all agree Thai society is more accepting of trans people than we are in the west but they also discriminate against them in a far greater manner in legal terms than most places in the west

    This falls along the lines when people falsely state that getting a visa to western countries is so much harder than us in Thailand when factually Thais have so many more rights and avenues for proper visas than we ever will in Thailand
    Good post, Paul. Yes, there are many differences that some westerners have difficulty with. Some actually make sense. I would be interested to know if the number of trans-gender people in Thailand is in a greater proportion than in other countries, or if it is just more open. Although North America has a p4p scene, it is kept semi-hidden in a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean, hypocritical system. There are obvious street walkers in the sleezier parts of every city, but the actual open, friendly bar scene almost fails to exist... except for private clubs.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Good post, Paul. Yes, there are many differences that some westerners have difficulty with. Some actually make sense. I would be interested to know if the number of trans-gender people in Thailand is in a greater proportion than in other countries, or if it is just more open. Although North America has a p4p scene, it is kept semi-hidden in a wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean, hypocritical system. There are obvious street walkers in the sleezier parts of every city, but the actual open, friendly bar scene almost fails to exist... except for private clubs.
    although I tend to say the Asia p4p is a better set up
    A counter argument could be made that it's openness leads to more families pushing their daughters into it
    I am sure you have families that wouldn't stoop to traffic their daughters but see the open set up as a n acceptable altlernative

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,783
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    although I tend to say the Asia p4p is a better set up
    A counter argument could be made that it's openness leads to more families pushing their daughters into it
    I am sure you have families that wouldn't stoop to traffic their daughters but see the open set up as an acceptable alternative
    I've always said that we should give young people the most opportunities we can and then let them make up their minds. I know that some gals in the p4p scene are only there because of poor economic opportunities elsewhere, but a LOT of them are there because they enjoy the excitement. Our self righteous, hypocritical, Christian system in the west teaches us that sex is somehow bad and is basically for procreation only. Then, the western media does everything it can to promote sex... starting as young as possible.

    I don't think anyone really wants their daughters in the p4p scene, but in the really poor regions of Asia the children are just another commodity to be marketed.

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I've always said that we should give young people the most opportunities we can and then let them make up their minds. I know that some gals in the p4p scene are only there because of poor economic opportunities elsewhere, but a LOT of them are there because they enjoy the excitement. Our self righteous, hypocritical, Christian system in the west teaches us that sex is somehow bad and is basically for procreation only. Then, the western media does everything it can to promote sex... starting as young as possible.

    I don't think anyone really wants their daughters in the p4p scene, but in the really poor regions of Asia the children are just another commodity to be marketed.
    I think your being a bit selectively naive becaue it is something we partake in or have partook in
    A good majority of these girls dont want to do the job and a lot of them just cope with it but in the end it damages them
    Has nothing to do with your anti-Christian crusade

    I know too many girls that actually stay in ****ty situations with farangs rather than go back the the bar life after they left and that is very telling
    My wife's 2 best friends made tons of money every month and decided to stay in ****ty situations because they couldn't deal with going back to bar work

    If you really think sex work is not looked down as much as it is in the west, you are not paying enough attention
    They may put up with it on the surface more but it is just as looked down on

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,783
    I'm not selectively na´ve, Paul. I have had heart to heart talks with lots of the women in the p4p scene. I have always tried to convince the new recruits NOT to enter that life style. Some of the little pre-pubescent flower girls who come around in the evening only see the fun part. I've sponsored three of them in other careers and gave them some "fatherly" advice not to enter the bar scene. I paid for a hair dressing course for 2 of them and university entrance for another. It is also why I unofficially adopted the two kids in Kanchanaburi... just to give them an option in life. I know it is looked down on with Thai people in general, but their type of thinking is out of sight, out of mind. That is why the girls in the bar scene are very seldom from the same city. Girls from Chiang Mai go to Bangkok or Pattaya. Bangkok girls go to Phuket. Pattaya girls go to Chiang Mai. The Issan girls who stay fairly close to home usually go to work in a nearby city.

  19. #19
    Cadet Gold BangkokSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    i

    ......
    I know too many girls that actually stay in ****ty situations with farangs rather than go back the the bar life after they left and that is very telling
    My wife's 2 best friends made tons of money every month and decided to stay in ****ty situations because they couldn't deal with going back to bar work.....
    Hi Mark,
    If you have the time, I would like here your description of some of the ****ty situations that you have observed in Canada...You are in Canada, right?

    This is not a loaded loaded question. I am just curious to hear what you see as ****ty.

    Some thai women who are in a foreign country who are not assimilating well, and then also have an unhappy marriage can feel very lonely indeed. In the bigger cities of OZ, there are very strong thai networks that offer support and info, but even then, some women still find it hard to reach out for help.

    But returning to Thailand after a 'failed' marriage can include a huge array of scenarios, from the innocent naive victim returning in shame to scheming savvy con artist returning in victory after a fruitful crusade.


    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    i
    ......
    If you really think sex work is not looked down as much as it is in the west, you are not paying enough attention
    They may put up with it on the surface more but it is just as looked down on
    Yes, this is a shame that some have in their hearts, often carried long after they have moved on from P4P. It can be carried by their partners and children too....Some can feel it who have never been in the P4P industry but manage stereotyping prejudice of others poorly.....sort of like the "all arab men are terrorists" prejudice that causes all sorts of problems of assimilation..Self integrity is maybe the right armor here.

    Cross cultural relationships definitely have their own set of challenges..The two relationships in this doco definitely held an additional challenge.
    OzzyDamo likes this.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,626
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    Hi Mark,
    If you have the time, I would like here your description of some of the ****ty situations that you have observed in Canada...You are in Canada, right?

    This is not a loaded loaded question. I am just curious to hear what you see as ****ty.

    Some thai women who are in a foreign country who are not assimilating well, and then also have an unhappy marriage can feel very lonely indeed. In the bigger cities of OZ, there are very strong thai networks that offer support and info, but even then, some women still find it hard to reach out for help.

    But returning to Thailand after a 'failed' marriage can include a huge array of scenarios, from the innocent naive victim returning in shame to scheming savvy con artist returning in victory after a fruitful crusade.




    Yes, this is a shame that some have in their hearts, often carried long after they have moved on from P4P. It can be carried by their partners and children too....Some can feel it who have never been in the P4P industry but manage stereotyping prejudice of others poorly.....sort of like the "all arab men are terrorists" prejudice that causes all sorts of problems of assimilation..Self integrity is maybe the right armor here.

    Cross cultural relationships definitely have their own set of challenges..The two relationships in this doco definitely held an additional challenge.
    Actually I know quite a few but the 2 I talk about are my wife's best friend
    One lives in another SEA country and is married to a petty, jealous asshole that doesn't allow her back to see her family on her own, watches her every move but also has been caught cheating on her countless times. One of the prettiest girls I've known, light skinned, would be desirable to many but in her words she just couldn't bear going back into the bar
    The other friend, living back in the village, again a girl who could have a customer every night but settled down with her Thai bf from a good family. But of course he cheated on her and dumped her after a fee years. Being only 28 and looking 23 could have easily slid right back into bar life but again, in her words , she couldn't deal with getting back into bar life.

    I think the girls can get in and out in 2-3 years somewhat unscathed and put it all behind them, but I think a lot of guys want to convince themselves that the girls are happy in the job because it makes us participating feel better and for most, I don't think that can be further from the truth

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •