Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Trying to let go.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Trying to let go.

I assume a lot of you have gone through this.

I have GF with me in Oz at the moment. I am use to doing everything myself. Cooking, cleaning looking after my youngest son etc.
    My GF dosnt want me to do anything. She wants me to relax and says its a lady's job. I know Asian lady's like to take care there guy and it's nice to have a lady around the house. But I feel bad not helping out. One the other side if I help out too much she may become lazy.

What expiirence have you had. Do I become a lazy guy and let my girl do everything? It's just not me.

Also I am semi retired so I got nothing to do most days.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 20th May 2014 at 13:27.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ it's only a few months?

Let her have her way and then things will get back to normal later.

You tend to run into problems with them when you try and do anything around the house as they have their ways and ideas of how things are done which can make it hard if you're the active type.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 20th May 2014 at 14:18.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    I'm right with ya, I've settled into my home in the north and havehad to relinquish all those household tasks I have once done for myself. The missus needs somethin that to to or I wouldn't let her do everything. Problem is she does things different!

Good thing I havemy hmm hobbies, all the "man work" I can think of. Weather stripping, door latch fixed, furniture built, air con installed, kitchen istalled, new toilet seat, etc. Now I am reading a book a week. 555

Shoukd have internet soon only took a couple months.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ it's only a few months?

Let have her way and then things will get back to normal later.

You tend to run into problems with them when you try and do anything around the house as they have their ways and ideas of how things are done which can make it hard if you're the active type.
    I think things fall into place, like any live in relationship...
    My wife does all the main cleaning.....when she has day off work she does a full on cleaning and i then just try and keep it neat.

She had off today and went to town on my closets and cleaned my room and the dog's bedroom

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Let her have her way with the things she regards as "her work" - otherwise it leads to conflict or more likely; double-handling.

As mentioned she will have a different way of washing the dishes or hanging out the clothes - and will just redo you efforts if she thinks the items are not "clean" etc.

In summary, you once had those jobs and now you don't have them - you are officially, categorically and irrevocably removed from them - so deal with it.

Go find some "man work" to do in the shed or around the house and wait for things to settle down - as Marc says, in time things will fall into place - you will find the jobs she does not like/want will still be yours.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Jeeze..the things guys complain about these days.. 55
    Quarky and peteman like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Put an apron on and get your industrial vacuum cleaner out... show her who the real cleaner is... 555

I love cleaning. Women are never thorough enough.... they miss the ceilings for starters!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Wait till she gets the chainsaw, brush cutter and rotary hoe out. 555555 Wash the dishes before they go in the dishwasher machine.

I'm allowed to cook sometimes on the BBQ. Even the kitchen in I do it so not to mess it up.

It is hard at first but you will find a happy median, Wait to you come home and instead of your expensive manchester is on your bed you have a Barbie donner cover on from when my daughter was a young teenager with different coloured sheets and pillowcases.

You will know what is you job. giiat (sounds like kiciat to me) that is lazy if you do not do. The good old days.

Oh one more when the dog walks into the house looking sheepish and tries to avoid the TG that he is usually like a shadow to. He has taken a dump and he know he's in for the the outside bum gun. 555555
    Changone, Chob and OZZYGUY like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I love cleaning. Women are never thorough enough.... they miss the ceilings for starters!
    Invitation for a looooong weekend at my place... You will love it! 5555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    5555. Wait till she heads back.,,you won't be able to find anything!!!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    On a serious note, download the Thai TV app and her priorities will change. But be careful what you wish for.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I think you have to think like this....the cleaning and cooking is her arts degree, it is what they are trained in from a very young age. You have a limited training in it so are an assistant/trainee.

Now on the other side, you have the degree in finance, she doesn't try to tell you to buy XXX shares this week, or when to pay a bill or leave it for another week. She certainly wont go and buy those xx shares herself.

As already said, she will do things differently to what you would do, but you are the apprentice, leave the master to do her thing without question. It will finish up better than you would do anyhow and she gets a feeling of well being/satisfaction.
    The same you would feel coming home and telling her the stock you bought last Friday has gone up 5 points.

Don't worry if she gently admonishes you, for being untidy, or dirty shoes etc she inwardly will be happy that she has a purpose to help you.

As said, wait till she goes home, you will be fumbling around, trying to find things and having to do it all on your own.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Icleaned my room and the dog's bedroom
    we call that the Dog House in Oz and I am pretty sure all BM's here have been in there at some stage of there life 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quarky likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    .....when the dog walks into the house looking sheepish and tries to avoid the TG that he is usually like a shadow to. He has taken a dump and he know he's in for the the outside bum gun. 555555
    Beware the "Outside bum gun"...5555
    And how can you tell which is the Vet's house....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I assume a lot of you have gone through this.

I have GF with me in Oz at the moment. I am use to doing everything myself. Cooking, cleaning looking after my youngest son etc.
    My GF dosnt want me to do anything. She wants me to relax and says its a lady's job. I know Asian lady's like to take care there guy and it's nice to have a lady around the house. But I feel bad not helping out. One the other side if I help out too much she may become lazy.

What expiirence have you had. Do I become a lazy guy and let my girl do everything? It's just not me.

Also I am semi retired so I got nothing to do most days.

How about practising for full retirement with a TGF? 555!

You can always do some laundry when she's out visiting her GFs .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    we call that the Dog House in Oz and I am pretty sure all BM's here have been in there at some stage of there life 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except mine has his own bedroom!
    We have 2nd bedroom but the Tasmanian Devil i live with decided she didnt want the bed in there and wanted closets/chests for my clothes
    I bought them ans had them delivered when i was away on business and she put all 3 together
    But with the best gone....The pooch decided to make that his bedroom.

But she slept on sofa last night. No fighting, she just had day off and did a 6 movie marathon on Nextflix.
    So the pooch is sleeping by her.

PS- in our relationship....i dont know how to fix or put things together....so she does that!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post

You will know what is you job. giiat (sounds like kiciat to me) that is lazy if you do not do.
    "giiat" works on its own for lazy but the one I hear most is "khee giiat" which is what you are hearing too (in bold in your above quote)...."giiat krahn" is also used for lazy...and Krahn works on its own as well

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Put an apron on and get your industrial vacuum cleaner out... show her who the real cleaner is... 555

This is excellent advice if you want to sour a relationship with the TGF. Learnt from experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    On a serious note, download the Thai TV app and her priorities will change. But be careful what you wish for.
    That's why my monthly data plan got used up in a week. 555

I don't like cleaning but I do a better job than her. All my white shirts now have a pink look to them.
    Quarky likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast