Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Is your TG active?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Is your TG active?

This is probably our biggest mismatch in our marriage.....Just wondering if anyone else has this also.

My wife is not lazy, hell she wakes up most days at 5:30am to go to yoga.
    But if she has no obligations, she has no interest in getting out of the house. She will sit inside and watch TV all day
    A day like today, 25C and sunny.....I can't stay inside the house but she is content in not leaving the house.

Maybe it is just sort of learned behavior? We are so used to changing weather that when it is nice out we want to take advanatage and be outside? Whereas a Thai is used to it always being hot so doesnt have that mentality to " get outside"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Home=safe, outside = unsafe?

Go out, do what you have to do and return to your safe spot?

And home = luxury! TV, computer, sofa, fridge full of food.. What more can a person need? 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Yes my GF is much the same. However to my surprise yesterday was a nice day and she suggested we ride the push bikes down town for lunch. Maybe she is getting use to our life style.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    JK tells me what you speak of is very NORMAL for tg, i am guessing we mostly knew this.

However you have seen my pics of us cycling the bush, camping etc, so maybe i was a little lucky in that department, i did push a little and had her try a few sports early on ... tennis, took her to the golf range to hit some balls, a few others

But M26 my question to you is why or where did you fail in not getting her involved in the early days of her arrival to your hometown...

Look back at those first few times you made suggestions etc to come with you on a active outing... did you have a go at taking her to try some sports, if she resisted what was your response ???

Because IMO anyone who gets up at 5.30 AM to go to Yoga like you say isn't lazy, so had you pushed her in the early days to to try some things, its quite possible you would have found some outdoor things she would have taken too.

My post has a few assumptions of coarse... 555

And if you really want her out sometimes of the house with you doing some active pursuits i am sure its not to late, maybe you just need to try a different approach..
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    ^^^ eww. I just got mental image of Paul in yoga shorts!! 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I took a TG snorkeling at Koh Phi Phi. At first she was nervous and clumsy because the first spot was off the boat. But when we stopped at a beach and she was able to learn the fundamentals she was swimming like a fish on the remaining stops. That was active. Good thing you got the dog...55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    ^^^ eww. I just got mental image of Paul in yoga shorts!! 55
    I didn't so thanks for that...55
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Cadet
    My wife likes to be out and about,we both get up about 05:30 am shower out give alms have a wonder round looking what to buy for breakfast.
    About 10 am of to the local market if we are cooking that day 5 minute tuk tuk ride to get there we might be out for 1 1/2 hr looking around a couple of markets.
    Back home we prepare food together she cooks,she doe's most of the house work i do the washing up though 3 bedroom house gets dusty quickly needs mopping everyday.She will have a bit of a television watch until 4 pm then we head out to have a walk in the park for an hour or so.When that dreaded hour arrives 20:30 pm she stops and watches lakorn only time she stops fidgeting,hence her nickname fidget.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I think it is a learned thing. Many poor Thais do not have the money to take up other interests. If they are not working they do nothing. They have learned to sit for long periods of time doing nothing. That would drive me crazy. I even get bored doing the same thing more than three days in a row. That includes things I enjoy such as fishing or art work. I think a lot of westerners are the same if all they've ever done is work. Men who have no outside interests often die shortly after retirement because they've never had another interest other than work. Thai women are often very involved with their small children, but when the kids are grown and leave the house they are lost with nothing that interests them.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Being someone who likes to exercise, I was pleasantly surprised to see just how many locals were out either jogging, walking or cycling around the lake at Nong Prajack Park, Udon Thani.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Being someone who likes to exercise, I was pleasantly surprised to see just how many locals were out either jogging, walking or cycling around the lake at Nong Prajack Park, Udon Thani.
    There is definitely a group of active Thai hikers and bikers. I see them every day I go up Doi Sutthep.

But, I would say they are the exception rather than the rule. I have known many Thais who would not walk 100 meters if they could ride a scooter.

My ex TG belonged to a gym before I even met her and went every day. She also runs about 5km most days. And can swim like a fish... cooks like a chef and shags like a nympho. We did used to fight over who cleaned the toilet though...

I'm depressed now that she's an ex... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    My ex TG belonged to a gym before I even met her and went every day. She also runs about 5km most days. And can swim like a fish... cooks like a chef and shags like a nympho. We did used to fight over who cleaned the toilet though...

I'm depressed now that she's an ex... 55
    At least you get to clean the toilet..555

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Men who have no outside interests often die shortly after retirement because they've never had another interest other than work. Thai women are often very involved with their small children, but when the kids are grown and leave the house they are lost with nothing that interests them.
    Even men who do have outside interests often die shortly after retirement.

I say it's a highly skewed population. Men at that age start to have more serious health problems anyway. However, the sample is even more skewed by the fact that a lot of men retire because of ill health.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    There is definitely a group of active Thai hikers and bikers. I see them every day I go up Doi Sutthep.

But, I would say they are the exception rather than the rule. I have known many Thais who would not walk 100 meters if they could ride a scooter.
    I know quite a few people around where I live too who are just the same, except they will drive their 4X4's 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    I know what you mean M26. CJ made me carry her walking stick the last 2 hours to base camp, and here she is taking another break. Very frustrating!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403777539.101749.jpg
    Last edited by Nomad; 26th June 2014 at 20:22.
    Sydney, PeteGill and jontymate like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I do wonder though just how physically active I would be if I did not put on a kilo each time I just looked at a piece of cheese cake????
    I have been running and gyming for 30 odd years now, people sometimes ask how I manage. my usual reply is that I am too sh1t scared to stop... If I just maintained my weight and did not gain, I think that I would still have been active, but I cannot absolutely vouch for that...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I know what you mean M26. CJ made me carry her walking stick the last 2 hours to base camp, and here she is taking another break. Very frustrating!

And then there was the time she was so lazy she refused to even walk to the elevator...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403784724.851831.jpg
    Quarky, PeteGill, Rivo and 1 others like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nit Noi View Post
    My wife likes to be out and about,we both get up about 05:30 am shower out give alms have a wonder round looking what to buy for breakfast.
    About 10 am of to the local market if we are cooking that day 5 minute tuk tuk ride to get there we might be out for 1 1/2 hr looking around a couple of markets.
    Back home we prepare food together she cooks,she doe's most of the house work i do the washing up though 3 bedroom house gets dusty quickly needs mopping everyday.She will have a bit of a television watch until 4 pm then we head out to have a walk in the park for an hour or so.When that dreaded hour arrives 20:30 pm she stops and watches lakorn only time she stops fidgeting,hence her nickname fidget.
    All that stuff is things my wife would do
    If it has a purpose, like her yoga......she walked to work with me at 5:45am on her way to yoga
    But just to be out because it is nice, go for a walk, chill outside.....it holds no attraction to her

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Funny enough I would probably be able to convince her to do something like this than just everyday activeness

It would take a lot of convincing though 555

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast