Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How much do you "push" your wife/tg?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

How much do you "push" your wife/tg?

I would use the word "encourage" but my wife likes to say "I push her too much" 555

I obviously help her whenever she comes upon a new experience like banking here, flying, etc. but I do like to encourage to do things herself once I have shown her how to do it a few times.

Last year she started to fly to US alone and meet me.
    Now I am on to a new one, "pushing her" 555
    She is going to fly to Chicago alone and check into the hotel the day before I arrive there.
    Took some convincing that she can do it on her own but I wouldn't put her in a situation that I didn't think she could handle.

I don't ever flippantly push her into things, I make sure she totally understands things before she does it on her own

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    She should be able to do that on her own by now. Get on plane. Take cab. Check in Hotel. Done. The only time she needs cash is for the cab. Is she scared? Is she not confident with her language skills?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    She should be able to do that on her own by now. Get on plane. Take cab. Check in Hotel. Done. The only time she needs cash is for the cab. Is she scared? Is she not confident with her language skills?
    Well I obviously think she should be able to also or I wouldn't put her in the situation
    She is afraid of being in taxis alone(she takes them in NYC alone now), and also of not being able to find the taxi at the airport

Like I said, I think she is capable to do it herself(you've seen her English skills, more than fine to communicate)............but I don't dismiss her concerns either

I didn't really notice her english skills. She never asked me anything? 55

I didn't really notice her english skills. She never asked me anything? 55
    Maybe I should have her call you up and ask where her car service is? 555

PS-she fully does all her banking now........although they always trying to get her to take on a mortgage 555

I had to do the opposite with my ex... reign her in. She had more ambition than Thacksin. Business ideas, health ideas, you name it... she was and is one step ahead of the game... I couldn't keep up... she wanted to open an internet cafe... I discouraged her... so she opened a bloody restaurant.. 555

The thing is... whatever ethnicity they are... Thai or non-Thai... you'll get people that lack confidence. I guess you'll see it a lot in the deprived areas of Thailand (or any deprived area of any country) and I think it's great that anyone with a partner who may not have as much confidence as you is encouraged that they can do anything they want...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I push the ones I take home quite a bit too....normally an hour or so before sleep and then again in the morning...I find that I get the best out of them that way....555
    Quarky and justcruzing1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I had to do the opposite with my ex... reign her in. She had more ambition than Thacksin. Business ideas, health ideas, you name it... she was and is one step ahead of the game... I couldn't keep up... she wanted to open an internet cafe... I discouraged her... so she opened a bloody restaurant.. 555

The thing is... whatever ethnicity they are... Thai or non-Thai... you'll get people that lack confidence. I guess you'll see it a lot in the deprived areas of Thailand (or any deprived area of any country) and I think it's great that anyone with a partner who may not have as much confidence as you is encouraged that they can do anything they want...
    I guess I see her apprehension as natural becuae not many of my family members would do that in the states now and they are from there!
    My 15yr old nephew flew alone to come out here and back and my sister thought it was the end of the world
    I'd be surprised if many of my friends wives from home would do this

Also, what a TG is confident doing in her own home country is not really indicitive of how she will be outside her country
    Thinking of all my wife's TG friends.......the only ones i could see travelling like this alone are the younger ones in their 20's who most likely travelled with their family since they were young

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I guess I see her apprehension as natural becuae not many of my family members would do that in the states now and they are from there!
    My 15yr old nephew flew alone to come out here and back and my sister thought it was the end of the world
    I'd be surprised if many of my friends wives from home would do this

Also, what a TG is confident doing in her own home country is not really indicitive of how she will be outside her country
    Thinking of all my wife's TG friends.......the only ones i could see travelling like this alone are the younger ones in their 20's who most likely travelled with their family since they were young
    I wonder if multimedia is making the world more accessible and less scary... to the younger generation...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    I wonder if multimedia is making the world more accessible and less scary... to the younger generation...
    More like more accessible and MORE scary I would think?

That is a very valid point

But I think it goes back to a socioeconomic issue and what I have been saying in the Coup thread where it is more of a self worthy thing.
    Ao's friends here from middle class families who had not traveled much more than someone like Ao will easily do a tour in the US with no worry
    But then you have girls from poor backgrounds like Ao, all her friends of that demographic are very worried about travelling alone like that
    Almost like they have been told all their life they are 2nd class citizens so feel they might get treated like that in their travels

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    More like more accessible and MORE scary I would think?
    I don't know about more scary. The kids are never technically alone. They have cell phones and chat rooms. Remember the good ole days before credit cards? When your your car broke down in the middle of nowhere and you had to walk miles to find a phone booth?

My philosophy is if you have a cell phone and credit card you are safe.

I don't know about more scary. The kids are never technically alone. They have cell phones and chat rooms. Remember the good ole days before credit cards? When your your car broke down in the middle of nowhere and you had to walk miles to find a phone booth?

My philosophy is if you have a cell phone and credit card you are safe.
    I was thinking more along the lines of "slender man"...55
    Quarky likes this.

I was thinking more along the lines of "slender man"...55
    Your boys afraid of slim waisted males?

Your boys afraid of slim waisted males?
    Yes, so your deffo not the boogie man..55

Yes, so your deffo not the boogie man..55
    I will let you know we were following Dupes on his bike and Ao said " he look like have good body from the back" 555
    Quarky and slampay like this.

I will let you know we were following Dupes on his bike and Ao said " he look like have good body from the back" 555
    Like a bear riding a tri-cycle?? 555

That's all that matters in Frithco..woo hoo!!
    Quarky, slampay and Stillearly like this.

Like a bear riding a tri-cycle?? 555
    Holy Fcuk ......that was so funny!!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Considering how difficult the American customs makes it for even English speaking travelers I give her full marks for trying. Even after international flying every year for the past 20 years, and many experiences before that I know the difficulties you can have at airports. Every large airport is different. Canadian customs just electrocute the travelers with tazer guns if the travelers are a little tired and get upset with thuggish officers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast