Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thailand Fever - Book

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Thailand Fever - Book

On G4's recommendation I have purchased a copy of Thailand Fever - A road map for Thai-Western relationships.

The book is written in English and Thai for both parties to read.

Have any BM's read this and if so what are your thoughts?. Also should I read before I go over (7 weeks) or should we read together whilst lounging on a beautiful Phuket beach (most probably in the rain 555)
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I was actually recommended it by Minder so just spreading the word. I would read it before you go and then leave the book with her so she can read it while you are gone. Why waste your time with her just reading....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I was actually recommended it by Minder so just spreading the word. I would read it before you go and then leave the book with her so she can read it while you are gone. Why waste your time with her just reading....
    Could give me a chance to have a swim, and she will be busy reading and not get bored, as TG does not know how to swim. "inland girl" 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I thought it was good to out line the basics for you and her.

I liked this last paragraph of a review of the Book

At the end, despite its flaw, it is still a great book. If you think about marriage, get this book. If you want to understand the Thai paradigm better, get it. If you are married already, and want to understand your spouse better, get it. If you are a sex-tourist or an antisocial freak, get lost

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post

At the end, despite its flaw, it is still a great book. If you think about marriage, get this book. If you want to understand the Thai paradigm better, get it. If you are married already, and want to understand your spouse better, get it. If you are a sex-tourist or an antisocial freak, get lost
    Very good call AM with you and if you are the later you have no interest in understanding the girl anyway.
    You can hear this as girls are discussed as meat in some places...nothing like sex with a unwilling participant who is smiling with mouth only through the whole process.....very satisfying 55555

Arliss, you've been to Thailand before though haven't you?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Arliss, you've been to Thailand before though haven't you?
    Yes as a part time ST last trip but never as the ASF

Yes as a part time ST last trip but never as the ASF
    Aaaahhh... your questions are beginning to make more sense now... I predict you that when you see all the other TGs on offer... you're virtual TG may well be pushed down the queue...

Aaaahhh... your questions are beginning to make more sense now... I predict you that when you see all the other TGs on offer... you're virtual TG may well be pushed down the queue...
    555 One is fantasy, one is reality, one is a 12 day f-fest, the other could be eternity, i've done one a few times (part-time mind you 555), this time I'm trying the other. What ever happens, happens, but I have a great back up plan 555, but hope it is not used.

555 One is fantasy, one is reality, one is a 12 day f-fest, the other could be eternity, i've done one a few times (part-time mind you 555), this time I'm trying the other. What ever happens, happens, but I have a great back up plan 555, but hope it is not used.
    What is an ASF by the way?

With this virtual girl... don't try and force it to happen because you feel like you have put a lot of work in. If you aren't attracted to her or something doesn't feel right... just end it... don't let it drag on for days... and end up not enjoying your trip.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    What is an ASF by the way?
    C'mon everybody knows this "Albino Sock Ferret"

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    C'mon everybody knows this "Albino Sock Ferret"
    55555... never heard of that! But funny if true...

Read the first few chapters last night, no rocket science stuff there, so hoping the next read will get into the more in depth's of the multi cultural relationship side of things. I see a chapter on money coming up 555

Am half way through the book now, and some interesting insight, a definite for TG to read as well.

Nothing there yet to scare me 555, but am interested to hear other BM's slant on Dowry, Sin Sot and what they did, those that have got married, and what they will do those that are on the way to be married.

All info appreciated.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    have a look at this thread
    Sin Soht
    Is a good read though. Basi outline but was an bit of an eye opener for myself

Is there a free download anywhere for this book?

Is there a free download anywhere for this book?
    Sell you my copy "cheap cheap" after TG reads in May

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I bought it after my last trip there at the airport in phuket whilst waiting for my plane as i knew id be returning in 2 weeks to pick my girl up and bring her home !
    Lets just say she finished the book before i did ! She didnt put it down until shed finished it !

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    I bought it after my last trip there at the airport in phuket whilst waiting for my plane as i knew id be returning in 2 weeks to pick my girl up and bring her home !
    Lets just say she finished the book before i did ! She didnt put it down until shed finished it !
    Gaz what was her take on the book beneficial to a West-Thai relationship ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast