Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: TGF is pregnant

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Some airlines sets its own minimum age for flight travel, make sure you check in advance.
    Some airlines may insist a newborn baby and mum have a GP’s note to say they are fit to fly before they will allow them on board, once again check in advance.
    Don't forget to have something for him to suck on when/if he starts to get ear pain from change of cabin pressure.

PS: Ohh....one more thing....can you PM me your flight details (so I'll know which flight NOT to catch)....lol
    TLandHim likes this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Congrats Matto..................And of course to Mumma
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Congrats Matto...all the very best to the three of you!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Congrats to you both matto !
    !qq!

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Congrats!!!

Make sure to book bassinet seat as it makes fligh bearable. Charlotte was fine, Didnt cry or have any air pressure problems.

Worse part having to take her out of bassinet everytime seatbelt sign came on due to turbulence.

Cadet silver
    Congratulations!

As above book a bassinet seat which are a godsend when the baby goes to sleep and you can grab a chance to relax.

My little fella was 9 months on his first long haul flight. I was dreading it beforehand but he did surprisingly well. Only time he kicked off was when landing because he hated being restricted by the baby seatbelt adaptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven_
    Congratulations! also.

On the question of flying with a baby, most airlines are OK with a week old baby, (some 48hours) but it will take you close to a month to get the birth certificate and passport arranged.

The youngest I flew with a little one was 5 weeks old, it was a breeze as babies don't do much at that age. Prior to this was a 1 and half yeat old which was also easy.

We have used the bassinet before but the baby hated it and we ended up using it as storage, since then we haven't bothered with it.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully he's not too bad flying.
    We can't wait to get over there, his grandparents are dying to see him.

Cadet silver
    Be prepared for LOTS of attention, and not just from the family. As we know Thais love kids but their obsession with narak "luk Khrung" takes it to another level.

As an overprotective first time father I struggled a little with the attention our baby attracted. It seemed he was literally being passed around from person to person, mostly family but also people I'd never met would take him and wander off around the village showing him off like some kind of trophy. I knew he was safe enough & my Mrs wasn't worried but it took some getting used to before I could relax.

Of course travelling with a baby has a plus side too. Both our last trips we have been fast-tracked through the Thai passport line at immigration at BKK, no queuing. He also takes the attention away from me as the "only farang in the village" which makes a nice change too

justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ haha,our little bloke would be missing sometimes when he was a baby and i'd be told he was taken by xxxx and at their place....oh!!

they have a peculiar custom of showing "everything" of the babies...yes manhood too.

it was after doing the rounds of the village a few times i'd notice many of the women folk would be looking down at my crotch and back up...apparently he was judged as being "hum yai" and papa must be same 55 plenty of english speaking TG's commenting that they would like a sample for their own little luek krung
    Cuzzy likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Congrats!! That is Awesome, my Luuk Krung is turning one this month.

We just made the trip to the states with out baby. The first leg, Thai airways, they asked how old she was. After responding, "eight months" they said "sorry, can not she too old for a bassinet, she will crawl out" No sh1t! Not like we were going to leave the kid unattended. That really made the trip difficult, having to hold her while she climbed and fussed all over us.

We switched airplanes in Korea since we were traveling on my air miles and I coached the wife to say she was five months old. Turns out this airline based whether or not we could have a bassinet on weight, which make much more sense to me.

Be prepared for LOTS of attention, and not just from the family. As we know Thais love kids but their obsession with narak "luk Khrung" takes it to another level.
    haha,our little bloke would be missing sometimes when he was a baby and i'd be told he was taken by xxxx and at their place....oh!!
    This drove me absolutely nuts! 555

We lived in the village for the first eight months and we couldn't go anywhere without being accosted by strangers. Everyone had to touch, and people felt free to just pick her up without asking. She is especially farang looking and that added a little fuel to the fire.

Oei! Farang Noi!! Kow Mak!!! (she is so white!) 555

Good on ya' Matto

Much shorter trip from Oz. You'll be fine. 555
    Last edited by Cippy; 19th July 2015 at 10:48.
    Sydney likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^^ your post Clip took me back to the importance of bassinet on trips to the UK when mine we babies ... bloody gold that thing hanging off the bulkhead !! ... yes, good advice to fight tough and nail for that golden bassinet ..555
    Cippy likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    This drove me absolutely nuts! 555

We lived in the village for the first eight months and we couldn't go anywhere without being accosted by strangers. Everyone had to touch, and people felt free to just pick her up without asking. She is especially farang looking and that added a little fuel to the fire.

Oei! Farang Noi!! Kow Mak!!! (she is so white!) 555
    yeah,little "superstar",he still is..."law mak mak"
    an older kids school bus will come past and the young girls can be heard calling out or talking about "farang noi".

he shuns/hates the attention of strangers though.
    at about 2yrs old he was perched on the MB waiting for mum one time and an older village lady wanted to pinch his cheeks as she walked past.
    he pulled himself away from her as much as he could and over balanced and fell off the bike and hit his head...big scene! 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet silver
    Don't understand them saying that about the bassinet. Our boy was 9 months on his first trip. We flew with Emirates and the staff couldn't have been better or more helpful with preparing bottles & stuff whenever we needed anything. Another good thing about Emirates is the little kid's packs they give out on the flight. First trip we were given a cuddly toy with blanket & a wash bag containing wipes, cream, that kind of thing. On our last trip he was almost two & he was given his own little Emirates backpack with games & books inside, plus the washbag & blanket. He was much bigger then obviously & no way could he fit in the bassinet so those flights were much harder for us having a 20 month old crawl all over your lap for best part of 14hours. In hindsight If I had the money I think we would of preferred to pay for a seat for him.

I know every parent feels the same but I must admit our boy is "law mak." Must come from his mamas side as I can't take any credit for that! I think I'll start training him now to be one of those hi-so luk Khrung Lakhorn stars. Then he can pay for his mama & me to retire over there 555

pinecone likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    ^^ I think its being on opposite ends of the gene pool. 555 They get the good stuff from both sides.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Great to hear your a father now Matto, best thing you've ever done! my wife Noi is now 2months pregnant so condo started a trend here...Thanks for all the advise from the bm's.

Charlotte turned 3 yesterday. Thinking about another one

She speaks Thai and English. Ning speaks mainly Thai to her which is what we were told to do, as she will learn english anyway. Should hear me asking her to speak english mai kow jai LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quarky and Moo Uaon like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyDamo View Post
    Great to hear your a father now Matto, best thing you've ever done! my wife Noi is now 2months pregnant so condo started a trend here...Thanks for all the advise from the bm's.
    Congrats Damo, hope it all goes smoothly for you both (and bubby)

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Charlotte turned 3 yesterday. Thinking about another one

She speaks Thai and English. Ning speaks mainly Thai to her which is what we were told to do, as she will learn english anyway. Should hear me asking her to speak english mai kow jai LOL
    Hi mate, good to hear from you, God 3 yrs have gone quickly.

Good thing Charlotte got Nings looks 55555

Hows work??
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

I tell everyone she gets her looks from me JC

Work not looking good Peabody Energy shares were $90 a few years ago now there about $1.30. I can feel bankruptcy coming on, just cashed in all my extra sick leave just in case.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ Yea there was another announcement here yesterday that another mine is closing by the end of the year.
    300 jobs to go.

One woman, my service provider, her husband drives dump trucks in the mine, I asked how he was going and she said he had to take a $60k pay cut, 40% had no option, take it or leave it.

If you have another one you may need to move or extend ??
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast