Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: TGF is pregnant

TGF is pregnant

Sawadee krap tuk kon

We just received some news that my gf is 7 weeks pregnant
    My gf is currently here in Aus on a partner visa.
    Just wondering if there is anyone on these forums that has gone through the pregnancy thing in Australia?
    Does anyone have any advice? Should she have it here in Aus or Thailand? Etc

Exciting times ahead
    wabbits, Hatari and weitling like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    I don't know about Australia but I have been through the pregnant thing here in Thailand and found the standard of care to be very good. We used the BKK hospital in Phuket and although the most expensive hospital on the island I thought the costs were very reasonable.

I would think twice about using a small government hospital though, on the one occasion she had a problem and I used Patong hospital they didnt even have a doctor available and I had to use one of their ambulances to get her to BKK in a hurry.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

My thai wife has had 2 kids in Aust. (I'm Aussie BTW) If your going to stay in Aust (I assume you are as she has a partner visa) then I would have the baby in Aust. Just make sure she has a medicare card and use the public system as it is very good.
    My 2 kids have Aussie and Thai passports..... Bonus

Chok Dee Krup
    Last edited by Mate; 10th December 2014 at 13:41.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    All the best matto. There are millions of kids all over Thailand so they must be doing something right in the Hospitals there. The logistics with Visas will most likely be your biggest problem as to where the baby is born. I would expect that your girl would like the support of her family when the time comes so maybe Up 2 her?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Firstly Congrats Matto to you and your lady.

I agree with 1080 it should be up to her.
    I would expect she will want at least her mum around for it so if in Aust. you may want to get mum a visa and have her here.

Either country the hospitals are well setup so enjoy the experience.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    All the best matto.
    G4orce would be the most recent member to have gone through it

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    All the best Matto, I have no kids but a GF who works as a travel agent, and if your GF visa runs out before you have the baby,make a check to see the latest time in the pregnancy that they will allow her to fly back to Thailand. If her Visa runs out before the bay is born and cannot fly, make sure she can renew her visa before it runs out and fly out at a later date

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    AirAsia was at 27 weeks they wont let them fly without permission to do so by the doctor.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    My thai wife has had 2 kids in Aust. (I'm Aussie BTW) If your going to stay in Aust (I assume you are as she has a partner visa) then I would have the baby in Aust. Just make sure she has a medicare card and use the public system as it is very good.
    My 2 kids have Aussie and Thai passports..... Bonus

Chok Dee Krup
    She just got her medicare card last week, so thats good to know. Is it easy to get the thai passport? Do you just apply when the child is born?

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    All the best matto.
    G4orce would be the most recent member to have gone through it
    Yeah i saw that, ill send him a msg, dont really see him on the forums much though.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    All the best Matto, I have no kids but a GF who works as a travel agent, and if your GF visa runs out before you have the baby,make a check to see the latest time in the pregnancy that they will allow her to fly back to Thailand. If her Visa runs out before the bay is born and cannot fly, make sure she can renew her visa before it runs out and fly out at a later date
    Shes been in Aus since may and i think it takes 2 years before shes up for perm resident so she mught be alright.

Thanks eveyone for the info, ill keep this thread updated as we go. Its early stages yet

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Is it her first pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    All the best matto. There are millions of kids all over Thailand so they must be doing something right in the Hospitals there. The logistics with Visas will most likely be your biggest problem as to where the baby is born. I would expect that your girl would like the support of her family when the time comes so maybe Up 2 her?
    if an Australian man or woman has a child outside of australia, the child gains Australian citizenship by desent.., irrespective of the nationality of other parent..or the place of birth.

if a Thai man or woman has a child outside of Thailand where the other parent is non thaiand and a citizen of the country of the child's birth...I am not sure if the child gains thai citizenship by descent.

dual citizenship is very useful for a child for a variety of reasons.
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Is it her first pregnancy?
    and the relevance is ?? just sayin'

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I was also going to ask.
    I think the relevancy is in relation to how many of her family she would want around.
    If first child a much stronger want to be in the home area and with mother, grandmother, sisters etc around but if it's 2nd or 3rd then more use to it, not so worried so less request for all the family and even the need to be on home soil.
    Zablive likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I was also going to ask.
    I think the relevancy is in relation to how many of her family she would want around.
    If first child a much stronger want to be in the home area and with mother, grandmother, sisters etc around but if it's 2nd or 3rd then more use to it, not so worried so less request for all the family and even the need to be on home soil.
    Yep, I hear where you're coming from.... but.....what about Matto's family, wouldn't they want the child close by also to take care and provide support ??
    The lady obviously took the step of getting a partner visa...not a "Oh ****, I'm pregnant and must return home visa"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post

if a Thai man or woman has a child outside of Thailand where the other parent is non thaiand and a citizen of the country of the child's birth...I am not sure if the child gains thai citizenship by descent.
    i'm sure it would be granted if it were applied for and all the correct information were supplied.

DNA can be asked for in the case of an Aussie fathering a kid born in LOS to prove it.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Yep, I hear where you're coming from.... but.....what about Matto's family, wouldn't they want the child close by also to take care and provide support ??
    The lady obviously took the step of getting a partner visa...not a "Oh ****, I'm pregnant and must return home visa"
    But isn't it instinctually for a girl to want to be near her mom when having a baby?
    If we have a baby in the next couple of years i'd want the baby born in Canada just so they have a CAD passport and don't need a US one
    But if passport wasn't a concern i'd leave it up to my wife to have the baby where she feels most comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But isn't it instinctually for a girl to want to be near her mom when having a baby?
    If we have a baby in the next couple of years i'd want the baby born in Canada just so they have a CAD passport and don't need a US one
    But if passport wasn't a concern i'd leave it up to my wife to have the baby where she feels most comfortable
    so a child born outside Canada to a canadian father does not automatically bevome canadit
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    so a child born outside Canada to a canadian father does not automatically bevome canadit
    I am American living in Canada, i'd prefer any child we have, have a CAD passport over a US one

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am American living in Canada, i'd prefer any child we have, have a CAD passport over a US one
    Couldn't it have all three , fathers , mothers and place of birth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Couldn't it have all three , fathers , mothers and place of birth ?

I wouldn't want any of my children to have a US passport if we can get a passport from another country with the same benefits
    There is just too many needless tax obligations put on our citizens who live outside the US

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast