Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How much western food does your TG eat?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    rats they eat out in isaan are caught in the rice fields so grain fed. they'd turn their noses up at gutter rats.

out our way they only eat them bbq.

TG order fried chicken pieces one time and it was all the gristly pieces that i discard when i eat chicken...i more or less just picked the fried crumbs off of them 55

another time ordered crab and the TG was eating it shell and all....didn't impress her much!
    See that is the type of rat I want to try.....BBQ

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    A lot of Thais don't eat beef because of the Khmer influence which had deep roots in Hinduism.
    Sacred cows and all that.
    In our family Pa Pik Ganesh (Ganesha) holds almost equal place with Buddha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zablive; 20th December 2014 at 13:15.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    See that is the type of rat I want to try.....BBQ
    tastes like chicken
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

M26, did see squirels in Chiang Mai on trees along a back lane from Tha Phae Gate to Mandala House, GF said her daughter had a pet one but they do also eat them, she says making a slurp sound!!
    Moo, good pic of a bbq rat, slurp 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    A lot of Thais don't eat beef because of the Khmer influence which had deep roots in Hinduism.
    Sacred cows and all that.
    In our family Pa Pik Ganesh (Ganesha) holds almost equal place with Buddha.
    So no eating elephant in your house?

Ive never encouraged my tg to eat Western food.
    Nonetheless shes discovered various salamis , brique and camembert cheese , smoked oysters and baguettes no matter how well I hide them...

She offers to pay me back ...but what am I gonna do ?
    Purlion broken neck Plah Dtoo or munch on stinking sa-taw to even it up?
    MAI OW !!
    wabbits and justcruzing1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    So no eating elephant in your house?

Ive never encouraged my tg to eat Western food.
    Nonetheless shes discovered various salamis , brique and camembert cheese , smoked oysters and baguettes no matter how well I hide them...

She offers to pay me back ...but what am I gonna do ?
    Purlion broken neck Plah Dtoo or munch on stinking sa-taw to even it up?
    MAI OW !!
    Ao loves salami!!
    She is bringing home 5 things of salami, a bunch of chorizo sausage among a ton of other stuff to Thailand this week

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Au won't eat lamb... 'smell bad'

She doesn't like Vegemite???
    Most other stuff she's cool with although Kiwi pork flavour very strong for her.
    tried her on kina and paua. The kina came straight back out again and paua was acceptable.

She loves mashed spud.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

When they have the Thai food at Dodgers's Xmas party......it reminds me of having kids meals.......just that it is for adult females 555

I've noticed my wife trying all types of things these days she never did. She definitely wasn't feeling my tuna fish sandwich the other day once she tried it 555

We going to the German Christmas Market tonight so I am sure there will be some foreign foods for both of us to try

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    My wife goes in waves of trying many things new....takes on a few new then reverts back to the basics with 1 or 2 items added to the basics. Apparently we are a frog farming family now also.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    My wife goes in waves of trying many things new....takes on a few new then reverts back to the basics with 1 or 2 items added to the basics. Apparently we are a frog farming family now also.
    Ha....that last line 555

But that hit the nail on the head. My wife goes in waves also

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    My wife Tane loves salmon ! Has the occasional steak with mashed potatoes and veg etc .Will try most things i cook for myself and decides from there . Most times doesn't go for a 2nd time but at least she tries .
    Her only requirement on coming to live in Australia , was that she didn't want to eat bread !5555 .
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    My wife Tane loves salmon ! Has the occasional steak with mashed potatoes and veg etc .Will try most things i cook for myself and decides from there . Most times doesn't go for a 2nd time but at least she tries .
    Her only requirement on coming to live in Australia , was that she didn't want to eat bread !5555 .
    I have to head to Costco today to get 2 packs of salmon lox for Xmas appetizers for her and the Thais

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Ordered tomorrow's beachside Xmas dinner for me and my housemate + 2 Thai chicks today....1 large red snapper neung manao, 2 kilos BBQ jumbo shrimp nahm-jim si keaow phet phet, large nam tok moo, large yum gai yang, 2 large som tum thalay and 4 bottles of champagne....feck the turkey 555
    Quarky, Stillearly, dave01 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Ordered tomorrow's beachside Xmas dinner for me and my housemate + 2 Thai chicks today....1 large red snapper neung manao, 2 kilos BBQ jumbo shrimp nahm-jim si keaow phet phet, large nam tok moo, large yum gai yang, 2 large som tum thalay and 4 bottles of champagne....feck the turkey 555
    I am cooking at my house:

Salmon lox on crackers/cream cheese
    Bake stuffed shrimp
    Salami
    Lobster Rolls

Peppercorn crusted beef tenderloin
    Turkey(mostly so I can crush turkey sandwiches all next week 555)
    Stuffing w/ apples and raisins
    Mashed potatoes
    Corn

Paulie's famous Boston Crème Pie (which is really only Jello chocolate pudding and white trash cool whip!, but the Thais think I am the best baker 555)
    justcruzing1 and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Gutted the Thai restaurant round the corner from me is closed tonight , how dare they .... Will wait until next week , when it will be a lot cheaper ....

No TGs , but I'm cooking for nine tomorrow ... Cold seafood starter ( prawns , salmon , crab etc )

Then Turkey , pigs in blankets , stuffing , Roast potatoes and parsnips , Brussel spouts , petit pois , and carrot and swede mash ...

Triffle , Vienetta or Xmas pudding for afters

Then a cheeseboard with ten cheeses on it

Christmas Cake and mince pies if anyone is still hungry after that .....
    dave01 likes this.

Mines over last night.
    A charcoal BBQ and three Isaan BBQs going nonstop for three + hours.
    5 litres of red wine and two litres of whiskey down the gurglers.

My biggest job was re-arranging the drivers so the least drunk ones were up front as there was two BIB stops between here and Patong.

Got that sorted - then I discovered not one of 15 had a frigging licence!

I was going to cook a turkey roll today but about Monday I decided fuggetabahtit.
    I'll settle for a steak sandwich.

With leftover turkey - slice it, coat with leftover gravy and wrap and freeze in sandwich portions - keeps well and moist.

Bon appetit!
    Last edited by Zablive; 25th December 2014 at 09:49.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Funny, as I was reading this thread, having a coffee, I was watching a squirrel, tight rope walking the power lines, here in Bangkok!!!

Madam, is not big on western food. Altho, when she is in Australia, she insists on having "black on toast" for breakfast. She LOVES vegemite, nearly to the point of addiction. She will very very rarely, have a slice of pizza.. but that is about it. When I first met her, she would screw her nose up at coffee, but now guzzels the stuff. Does Jack and Soda count? 555

About the Christmas thing... We had Chrissy Dinner with my mum, a couple of years ago, and to Madam's credit, she ate everything that was served to her.. Typical tradition Christmas Dinner.

I know it isn't exclusively a western food, but I remember the first time she was in OZ. Because of my work, I am away overnight. So, she gets bored, and decides to explore. I come home and there is no sign of her.. An hour or so later, she wanders in with her hands scraped and cut, and a bottle full of schucked oysters.. She had opened them, on the rocks with a rock lol. I didn't have the heart to tell her, it is very very illegal (huge fines) for bringing oysters off the rocks. You can eat as many as ya like at the water's edge, but cant bring 'em home... I bought her an oyster knife to save her hands.... She pigged out on them for months 555

The strangest food I have seen here, was one day, I was at Madam's condo. A young bloke had been out with a cast net. He came home with a bucket full, of the usual assortment of small fish we see here.... He also had a sugar bag, with something moving inside it. Upon inspection, there was a baby PELICAN in the bag.... It went into the pot, the poor thing... I have lived along rivers and near the beach all my life, and pelicans are common in OZ, but I have never seen a baby one.... ever...
    Last edited by dave01; 25th December 2014 at 10:14.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    saw a thai with a captured squirrel in a cage one time and thought that it was going to be dinner. so gave him 100 baht to let it loose.
    he had a good feed on the 100 but i suspect he would try and catch it again when we were gone.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Funny, as I was reading this thread, having a coffee, I was watching a squirrel, tight rope walking the power lines, here in Bangkok!!!

Madam, is not big on western food. Altho, when she is in Australia, she insists on having "black on toast" for breakfast. She LOVES vegemite, nearly to the point of addiction. She will very very rarely, have a slice of pizza.. but that is about it. When I first met her, she would screw her nose up at coffee, but now guzzels the stuff. Does Jack and Soda count? 555

About the Christmas thing... We had Chrissy Dinner with my mum, a couple of years ago, and to Madam's credit, she ate everything that was served to her.. Typical tradition Christmas Dinner.

I know it isn't exclusively a western food, but I remember the first time she was in OZ. Because of my work, I am away overnight. So, she gets bored, and decides to explore. I come home and there is no sign of her.. An hour or so later, she wanders in with her hands scraped and cut, and a bottle full of schucked oysters.. She had opened them, on the rocks with a rock lol. I didn't have the heart to tell her, it is very very illegal (huge fines) for bringing oysters off the rocks. You can eat as many as ya like at the water's edge, but cant bring 'em home... I bought her an oyster knife to save her hands.... She pigged out on them for months 555

The strangest food I have seen here, was one day, I was at Madam's condo. A young bloke had been out with a cast net. He came home with a bucket full, of the usual assortment of small fish we see here.... He also had a sugar bag, with something moving inside it. Upon inspection, there was a baby PELICAN in the bag.... It went into the pot, the poor thing... I have lived along rivers and near the beach all my life, and pelicans are common in OZ, but I have never seen a baby one.... ever...
    Aussie pelicans breed on deserted islands off the coast.. Because they are so big they need a long time to learn to fly. So you will only see fully fledged adult looking birds. There you will sleep better.

When Dao first came to Oz she saw these pelicans. I remember plain as day. Can you eat this big duck?
    TLandHim likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Aussie pelicans breed on deserted islands off the coast.. Because they are so big they need a long time to learn to fly. So you will only see fully fledged adult looking birds. There you will sleep better.

When Dao first came to Oz she saw these pelicans. I remember plain as day. Can you eat this big duck?
    Anyone else wonder why you never see seagulls around LOS beaches?

Their favourite food perhaps ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast