Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How much western food does your TG eat?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ feeding the seagulls is a popular Thai passtime @ Bang Pu...a TG once took me there for a days outing

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Seagulls are a menace where I live , they will swoop in and take food from people , sandwiches , ice creams , etc .. and if people don't put their rubbish out properly they will be in the bins scattering debris all over the place , nasty buggers ....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    So they are only a delicacy on Phuket?

Or is it because there are no left over chips? 555!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Seagulls are a menace where I live , they will swoop in and take food from people , sandwiches , ice creams , etc .. and if people don't put their rubbish out properly they will be in the bins scattering debris all over the place , nasty buggers ....
    Them and crows
    I hate them both

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    So they are only a delicacy on Phuket?

Or is it because there are no left over chips? 555!
    There is a famous seafood/roast beef sandwich place on the beach by where I grew up in Boston
    Thus have our version of fish and chips

And you know there is 1000's of seagulls flying around there

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    flying rats.

worst thing at the beach is when someone chucks them a chip and it attracts 100's of the squawking,sh1tting things.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    You can fly them like a kite - for a bit of afternoon entertainment..............So a mate of mine told me = cough...

My ex was quite adventurous in her culinary tastes (though limited in her skills) with a distinct preference for anything expensive.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ i hate the way they will order much more than they can eat and get the sh1ts because you wont help them eat their bizarre,stinky,fire hot meals that you said you didn't like 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    My ex was quite adventurous in her culinary tastes (though limited in her skills) with a distinct preference for anything expensive.
    My 1st ex was vegetarian. couldn't eat anything meat with any fat content....But could wolf down Lobster, Prawns or Calamari .

It was funny, she loved Macas but no meat so we would go in and ask for a Whooper with cheese and no meat please.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

I said this on AI
    We ended up with about 10 Thais over for Xmas

They devoured everything we put out

Salmon, cream cheese and lox
    Shrimp and chorizo
    Beef tenderloin
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Cranberry Sauce
    Pies
    Cupcakes.....

I will say. There is a clear distinction between the village people and the middle class BKK Thais when it comes to dessert.
    The BKK people love desserts....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I will say. There is a clear distinction between the village people and the middle class BKK Thais when it comes to dessert.
    The BKK people love desserts....
    Is that because they were born to believe that they can have their cake and eat it?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    FCUK off DP - this is a food thread 555!
    Quarky likes this.

Cadet
    It's interesting that Salmon is mentioned so many times in this thread. My girl likes it too which was a good thing our early days together, when she didn't know anything on the menu of a good restaurant she could always fall back on the grilled Salmon. It's taken time and a few trips to Oz for her to see the light, but after originally screwing her face up at such thing she now pesters me to cook roast lamb, ox tail, rib eye steaks, and lamb chops.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Good food is IMO universal Baraka , and the tgs will seek it out and try most things at least once, given time.
    My gfs main impediment is that she sees it as frightfully expensive just to 'experiment' with when she says she knows what she is happy to eat ( and a lot of it...555)
    Welcome to this board by the way.

Ao had cream cheese for the 1st time at Xmas

She wanted salmon lox on crackers for an appetizer but I bought thee cream cheese and convinced her it goes well together
    She liked it

To be honest, there is not too much she won't at least try

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Au loves steak...

I have a small rectangular Webber, big enough for 1/2 dozen good steaks. I prefer charcoal over gas and this little beauty is ideal weber-go-anywhere-charcoal-bbq.jpg

When I finished work yesterday I fired it up, make sure it's really hot and cooked a nice 2" thick sirloin. Oil the steak all over and season with salt and black pepper. I lay it on it's edge and cook the fat first then 3 minutes each side and rest for 5 covered with foil.
    I love that smokey flavour from charcoal, beats gas any day.

I plated up with a nice salad and Au calls me on 'sakype'. What you doing ? I cook steak... oi you wait for me.

Last time she was over I cooked steak for her often. We also do pappers / capsicum and chillies on it among other things.

I got a mate who works in sheetmetal to make a 500mm high spacer to go between the BBQ and the lid and I smoke meat, chicken, fish, rocksalt.

Awesome stuff.

Still can't get her to eat lamb though.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Cadet
    Just out of curiosity Cuzzy, you say she loves steak but how does she like it done?. My bird loves steak too, but it has to be well done which defeats the purpose of putting a good steak in front of her in the first place!. If there's even a hint of red or pink inside, she puts it in the microwave and nukes the **** out of it. I guess this comes form Thai's eating mostly chicken or pork, both of which can make you seriously ill if there's any blood in them after cooking, and she cringes watching me slice into a medium-rare steak. So I'd be interested to know how other guys better halves like their steaks cooked.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    Just out of curiosity Cuzzy, you say she loves steak but how does she like it done?. My bird loves steak too, but it has to be well done which defeats the purpose of putting a good steak in front of her in the first place!. If there's even a hint of red or pink inside, she puts it in the microwave and nukes the **** out of it. I guess this comes form Thai's eating mostly chicken or pork, both of which can make you seriously ill if there's any blood in them after cooking, and she cringes watching me slice into a medium-rare steak. So I'd be interested to know how other guys better halves like their steaks cooked.
    My wife prefers medium-rare

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    She's definitely not into any 'red colour' in cooked meat. As you say, seems a bit pointless putting a high quality steak on the plate for her.

I like mine blue sometimes or very rare most often, I have yet to perfect blue consistently. I cook a steak for Au as I would for myself but I cover it with foil and a cloth to retain the heat and rest it for maybe 10 minutes allowing it to relax properly and it ends up cooked to her liking and still tender and juicy. When I cook mine it's seared over very hot charcoal, maybe 2 minutes each side then rested for the same. I ask the butcher to cut them for me... 2" or 50mm thick. Aroi..
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast