Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What sporting events have you taken TG to?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

What sporting events have you taken TG to?

We were just in Seattle this weekend to see my team, Boston Red Sox, play baseball.
    It was Ao's 1st baseball game.
    We had tickets for Saturday but the border was real busy and traffic was crazy so it took us forever to get to Seattle so we had no time to rest. Got to hotel and right to game. Ao had a migraine so after 3 innings I got her a taxi back to hotel(then got drunk as hell at game alone 555)

But yesterday she woke up feeling good and it was sunny and 22 C, so we decided to go to the 1pm game also. She really got the feel of it, drinking in the beer garden before, sitting in the sunny seats, eating all the food
    So she finally enjoyed it.

She has been to:

MLB Baseball
    NBA Basketball
    NHL Hockey
    MLS Soccer
    Canadian Football

She loved the basketball and hockey, soccer and Canadian football was just ok for her

Next up her 1st baseball game in Boston in July!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Not TG but I have taken my Chinese GF to a couple of away games, Rotherham v Brentford & Swindon v Brentford. Neither hardly a glamorous fixture. The Swindon game we were on a terrace behind the goal, no roof and there was standing and singing all game. Shes only small so could hardly see anything 555 Said she enjoyed it though.

A couple of pics from game
    This is the 2nd game we went to.........I am looking a bit haggard, got blasted the night before 555

God I love baseball games..........miss them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quarky likes this.

I have never taken a TG to a sporting event...

But I have a question. I have been to football matches, rugby matches, golf, cricket etc... all at the highest level... and I always find watching sport live overly underwhelming... I never feel like ...God I want to see that again next week!

The only time I ever saw live sport... and thought "wow!" was when I saw the Russian gymnastics team put on an event in NZ back in the 1980's... they blew my mind.. I was in awe. The one and only time... 55

Is anyone else as underwhelmed by live sport as me? I love live sport on TV... hell I get a migraine every tme I watch the All Blacks.. 555... but generally watching live sport in real life does nothing for me...

Anyone else like that?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I have never taken a TG to a sporting event...

But I have a question. I have been to football matches, rugby matches, golf, cricket etc... all at the highest level... and I always find watching sport live overly underwhelming... I never feel like ...God I want to see that again next week!

The only time I ever saw live sport... and thought "wow!" was when I saw the Russian gymnastics team put on an event in NZ back in the 1980's... they blew my mind.. I was in awe. The one and only time... 55

Is anyone else as underwhelmed by live sport as me? I love live sport on TV... hell I get a migraine every tme I watch the All Blacks.. 555... but generally watching live sport in real life does nothing for me...

Anyone else like that?
    You must be going to the wrong events! Or going to the wrong cities to watch them!

With the exception of the NFL, I never find live sports underwhelming

But baseball is a very different breed from all the other sports. Baseball is more about the experience on a whole than just the game. The sunny weather, drinking beers before the game, just relaxing at the park. Yesterday was perfect weather, you see people lounging with their shoes off, drinking beers.
    Even just the nuances of a baseball game is great. The sounds of the crack of the bat, the catcher's mitt smacking, the beer and peanut guys yelling......

Well, until the playoffs, then it is cold and as intense as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    You must be going to the wrong events! Or going to the wrong cities to watch them!

With the exception of the NFL, I never find live sports underwhelming

But baseball is a very different breed from all the other sports. Baseball is more about the experience on a whole than just the game. The sunny weather, drinking beers before the game, just relaxing at the park. Yesterday was perfect weather, you see people lounging with their shoes off, drinking beers.
    Even just the nuances of a baseball game is great. The sounds of the crack of the bat, the catcher's mitt smacking, the beer and peanut guys yelling......

Well, until the playoffs, then it is cold and as intense as it gets
    I've been to...

Man Utd v Man City at Old Trafford

England v All Blacks - world cup rugby match at Twickenham

England v NZ cricket test match - numerous times (on business)

Golf.. a number of British Opens

Commonwealth Games... saw Seb Coe win an 800m race

ice hockey in Canada

then again... not much gets me excited... 55

Maybe I need to watch baseball...

Why do you say... apart from NFL? Is that not good live?

I've been to...

Man Utd v Man City at Old Trafford

England v All Blacks - world cup rugby match at Twickenham

England v NZ cricket test match - numerous times (on business)

Golf.. a number of British Opens

Commonwealth Games... saw Seb Coe win an 800m race

ice hockey in Canada

then again... not much gets me excited... 55

Maybe I need to watch baseball...

Why do you say... apart from NFL? Is that not good live?
    Or you just don't like sports that much if you been to those venues and matches and find it underwhelming

Yes, NFL is so boring in person but unreal on TV
    Too many stoppages and at home most people have NFL Ticket that gets all the games so you watch your team but switch around during timeouts
    Tailgating, eating and drinking before the game, is really fun though..............especially college football

Or you just don't like sports that much if you been to those venues and matches and find it underwhelming

Yes, NFL is so boring in person but unreal on TV
    Too many stoppages and at home most people have NFL Ticket that gets all the games so you watch your team but switch around during timeouts
    Tailgating, eating and drinking before the game, is really fun though..............especially college football
    I do really enjoy certain sports... but only on TV.... or when playing myself... I don't know why I always feel disappointed when I see the real thing... I guess I hope for something magical...

Went to Fulham 1 - 4 Brentford at the cottage a month back. Was absolutely amazing atmosphere. I think we took 4000. Singing 90 mins non stop...magical

I do really enjoy certain sports... but only on TV.... or when playing myself... I don't know why I always feel disappointed when I see the real thing... I guess I hope for something magical...
    I like sports on tv as well......but love going to games
    And I have seen so many awesome moments live

Hell, it would be one of the positives if deciding to ever move back to Boston..........being able to go to my team's games again more often

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Went to Fulham 1 - 4 Brentford at the cottage a month back. Was absolutely amazing atmosphere. I think we took 4000. Singing 90 mins non stop...magical
    You always pull Brentford out of your bag like a lucky joker card.... how can we compete with that... 555

I think you are like M26.. its about the occasion rather than the skill-set?

You always pull Brentford out of your bag like a lucky joker card.... how can we compete with that... 555

I think you are like M26.. its about the occasion rather than the skill-set?
    Well it's both.............we are watching the best athletes in the world but it most certainly about the occasion also
    I would never go to a game without going out beforehand drinking a bit, having fun

I like sports on tv as well......but love going to games
    And I have seen so many awesome moments live

Hell, it would be one of the positives if deciding to ever move back to Boston..........being able to go to my team's games again more often
    There are the odd moments that stick in my mind... Lomu shredding an English defence... or Cullen gliding at sub-atomic speeds across the grass with players trailing in his wake... but those moments are fleeting... and I am not a patient spectator... 555

Thinking about it... humans never really blow me away. But things like the pyramids... or mountains do...

I go as many games as possible. Hell, last Friday I went to Middlesborough - 250 miles on a Friday night to watch a game that was also on the box. And we lost 3-0. I don't really go for the quality of football, even though last few years we have been playing great stuff (Barcelona of the lower leagues ). I go for the atmosphere, banter, and just love watching them live. Away days especially always a good craic. Beating Fulham away 4-1 was pretty much just as much fun as watching a Leon Legge (big tall central defender but we used to stick him up top with 5 mins to go if needing a goal) bullet header in the last minute of injury time when we were struggling in League 1.

Now, I have been to a United v City derby too. Didn't have the same feeling as watching the Bees. I do prefer watching premier league on the TV.

^I always wondered who went to watch those matches... 55

My brother is worse than me. Loves playing sport... being a scratch golfer... but he can't stand watching sport... on TV or live...

I like ticking off grounds too. Do it even on holiday. Even if not a game on have to do a tour or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    I like ticking off grounds too. Do it even on holiday. Even if not a game on have to do a tour or something.
    I did that as well... used to visit rugby grounds... the old Cardiff Arms Park... things did seem more magical when I was 24... 555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    We've been to a few AFL games here in Perth and a weekend away in Melbourne watching football.

She has a good understanding of the game now. Also loves the men in short shorts.
    Jack Darling is a favourite.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i've been to many live sports and usually come away feeling entertained.

around 15 bike GP's in 4 different countries
    something most days of the sydney 2000 Olympics.
    main stadium was a blast/overwhelming with close to 120k people going off their heads...had a kiss blown to me by Marion Jones
    weightlifting surprisingly good
    swimming ok as well

many NRL games. always better at the ground where you can feel the crunch of the hits
    golf a couple of times,that was good

1/2 doz ODI games.....test cricket probably better on tv
    F1 definitely better on tv
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    main stadium was a blast/overwhelming with close to 120k people going off their heads...had a kiss blown to me by Marion Jones
    Must have been all the steroids talking...555
    Moo Uaon likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast