Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: What do you say when some farang ask about their TG

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am sure you or most of us have encountered a situation where they don't want to hear the truth anyways
    If they didn't ask then I would agree, but if they ask directly I think they do. What they do with the information is another matter all together.

Hell, if they are asking a stranger about their girl...........they pretty much know the answer already
    Maybe but I can see its hard for them, as they live on the other side of the world, don't speak or understand the language. The only source of information is the girl so its understandable to seek external confirmation.

It
    Last edited by Seven_; 14th August 2016 at 22:07.

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    It's easy to take the Thai approach I guess but put the shoe on the other foot would you not want someone to inform you that your partner were cheating? Maybe it's just me being naive as I've never stayed there longer than a few months but it sounds like the puss.ies approach to me.
    I believe the more proper Thai approach would be to avoid all interaction with the couple. Well that's what I see when Thai's disapprove of a couple or situation.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post

Saw him about 3 weeks later and he told me they have married as he wanted to give her security and so she gets everything when he dies. They seem happy enough together and I know the girl is very happy with him.
    on the fence about that one. things can change.
    plenty have had their passing expedited so that the grieving widow and their thai BF/husband/"brother" gets the prize a bit earlier than waiting for nature to take it's course.

hence the term...don't be worth more to them dead.

not saying it's the norm but it certainly has happened here plenty of times.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Seven_
    And in most those situations......the guy already knows the truth. And even if you tell them......they will ignore you. I have seen that dozens of times
    You maybe right that they know the truth, but some seem to have no idea at all about whats going on, that may because they are dumb or as you say they don't want to know the truth but its hard to say if you don't know the guy well.

How many times in your life have you felt compelled to ask a stranger about your gf? I never have
    I haven't either, but it happens. I can understand it as there are a lot of bad stories about Thai women out there and with the long distance, language barriers, age and hotness difference (couldn't think of a better term) I think its a breeding ground for doubt.

Seven_
    I have a few personal experiences in my lifetime. Was out for drinks with some friends and mutual friends and one of them happened to mention he was getting married. I had seen his gf who I knew from school around town a few times that month behaving in way which I'm sure he wouldn't have liked. Pulled him over and said think you need to have a word with her, just calling it out as I see it. Turns out when he confronted her she had been seeing someone else behind his back for the best part of 6 months. He thanked me for giving him a heads up as he almost certainly would have married her and then who knows how messy that could have turned out.
    So would you do the reverse? tell your friends girlfriend who you barely know that he was cheating on her? (assuming you are better friends with the guy)
    Last edited by Seven_; 16th July 2015 at 14:03.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar

I hope to meet you all in person one day, so I know to not get involved if I see you being assaulted. 5555 kidding obviously but you get the jist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's why I still jog every day, there was never a good fight that I was not able to run away from 5555

But to just add, I was asked many, many moons ago to give advice by the lady in a couple that I knew who were going though some issues. So I told her what I thought, she went ahead with what she was going to do anyway and his family (good friends with my family) accused me of meddling... Never again.
    Last edited by PeteGill; 16th July 2015 at 14:31.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    I think some of the responses here are a good reflection on society today and how no one has the balls to call out where they see something obviously wrong. Maybe it's a generational thing.

If I were in that position I would be grateful for someone informing me of what's really happening. Also it's hardly someone poking their nose into my business if I am approaching them first for an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bit of a grey area... considering the situation of being in the middle of nowhere village as 7 mentioned... everyone is related... so really by speaking up you'd be doing your own extended family in... might be some far reaching consequences for speaking up for a stranger vs siding with family that has lived in the village going back 5 or 6 generations or longer....
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Bit of a grey area... considering the situation of being in the middle of nowhere village as 7 mentioned... everyone is related... so really by speaking up you'd be doing your own extended family in... might be some far reaching consequences for speaking up for a stranger vs siding with family that has lived in the village going back 5 or 6 generations or longer....
    If I thought the guy did everything right and was getting screwed....I'd tell him

Now the 1st time I run into it.....I will do that 555

But every situation I have seen,,,,,I'd say the guy is at fault with the situation he is in

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    That's why I still jog every day, there was never a good fight that I was not able to run away from 5555

But to just add, I was asked many, many moons ago to give advice by the lady in a couple that I knew who were going though some issues. So I told her what I thought, she went ahead with what she was going to do anyway and his family (good friends with my family) accused me of medaling... Never again.
    so did you actually pin your own medals to your chest Pete....555
    PeteGill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    so did you actually pin your own medals to your chest Pete....555
    Thanks fixed that, now where is my morning coffee 555
    pinecone likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    So if you don't send the girl back to the village (not all are sh*tholes) and you don't leave her working - what do you do with her?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i've known a few back in the village fairly closely and they were seemingly doing the right thing by their BF's and biding their time waiting for a visa or their return.

better there than at the bar or P4P area,IMO.

one of them,as well as her BF, had an app on her phone that gave a map of their exact location when a message was sent 55
    bit over the top but she's in Brissy with him now and seemingly doing well!
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 16th July 2015 at 15:55.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    So if you don't send the girl back to the village (not all are sh*tholes) and you don't leave her working - what do you do with her?

Rent and go back home with no option to buy.
    supersub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    Rent and go back home with no option to buy.
    Not an option that everybody buys in to 555 I think we are more concerned with the next step here.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think you did the right thing... and are well rid of him as a mate if this is the way he treats you...

I'm with TMT and Supersub on this.... I am not going to offer information if it isn't asked generally... but if someone seeks me out for an opinion... I'll give an honest one...

The examples SE and Bacwaan have offered don't sound like reasons to me for not being honest... they are just examples of other guys being cnutstuck... 55
    But if some guy up the farm asks about his intended any info you might have has to have come to you second hand and that is gossip so to give credence to that and then pass it on...
    I think in Thailand its the Thaiway or the highway...Better to do a Shaultzie.55555
    PeteGill and pinecone like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    I just honestly don't see how sending a girl you barely know home to a village because of some insecurities you may have(not you yourself) is beneficial
    I just don't think that you know the person enough for them to feel any sense of loyalty to you,or should be expected to have .
    And then when she does stray she is labeled a bad girl when in reality she has some stranger willing to give her more money than she has likely seen before. More than her siblings and family make working 50/60 hour weeks.
    Leave her be, get to know her better, let things develop

I can say for certain I have seen the "send them back to the village" approach fail a lot more than it has worked

Seven_
    I can say for certain I have seen the "send them back to the village" approach fail a lot more than it has worked
    I would say from what I have seen it would be around the 40/60 mark (40 failing) it depends on the girl, the guy, the relationship plus other stuff.

Some girls are happy as to be back in the village with financial support, some hate it. How successful this approach depends on a lot of things.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    Not really the same situation, as they are random people you don't know, so easy to stay out of it or get involved as there are unlikely to be on-going consequences in that situation.

But I am talking about knowing the girl, her family, friends and having the potential of seeing the guy again or him living close by in the future.
    Depends on how long your holiday is in the same area or if you are a repeat (yearly) visitor.... TGs have long memories and do hold grudges, 55555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    one of them,as well as her BF, had an app on her phone that gave a map of their exact location when a message was sent 55
    bit over the top but she's in Brissy with him now and seemingly doing well!
    I have come across a few that actively use the iPhone app to monitor location of their TGF whilst absent. Bad idea IMO...one such TG visited CJ and I at our hotel for a drink one afternoon and the text messages started rolling in cursing his TGF. And she was a saint...I don't trust anyone 100%, but she would go very close.

Also, helped a girl in Bar 4 delete tracking from her phone...her ex was stalking her from afar...messaging her about her movements, etc. She knew how to turn it off, yet he could remotely turn it back on. Thus, I helped her delete it.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    But if some guy up the farm asks about his intended any info you might have has to have come to you second hand and that is gossip so to give credence to that and then pass it on...
    I think in Thailand its the Thaiway or the highway...Better to do a Shaultzie.55555
    I'd still tell them... but I would say its second hand information, so up to them how they interpret it.... Just as I would hope someone tells me EVERYTHING they know if I asked... though I hope never to have to ask... 55
    supersub likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast