Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Thai brothers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    I wasn't implying that you did, but most Thais do and will be a factor in the future with the relationship with the brothers.

But why do you care (if you do) that one brother isn't paying and the other is covering the whole amount, you are getting the money back after all. So why are you angry/bothered by the other one not paying, as it doesn't seem that they are only responsible for half each seeing one brother is paying the whole amount. IMO face is playing a part on both sides.

IMO Western people do "face", we just have different names for it, like honour, principals and embrassment.
    I guess what I was saying is in me lending the money...........I would sort of play by my rules, their culture wouldn't really factor in.
    But I wouldn't make a scene anywhere

And yes, I am mad at the brother because he is putting it all on the other brother
    And my wife knows if I wanted to say something to her brother.....I would.

But I wouldn't do that..........it is 50k
    I've let money to people(my family included) and just don't help again if they don't pay it back
    My sister is no longer allowed to borrow money from me

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ pride?... i agree.
    Yes, I agree with you and Seven
    We have it as well............but I think "face" in Thailand makes things more restrictive than ours

Like if someone didn't pay me back in US, I would be in the right to confront them
    Not so much in Thailand(although I would)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567