Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: TG and ME Revisited

  1. #1
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284

    TG and ME Revisited

    Well six years on thought it might be a time to review TG and me…Long term review of the whole process.5555
    It’s a story of ups and downs with challenges and rewards I never could have expected.

    I think back to all those comments you hear when someone had an Asian Wife..”Ah mail order bride”!

    Sign me up I want one of those landing on the door step! How far from the truth that is..If you only knew when you started down this x cultural long distance relationship road.

    First cultural differences and thinking to self they can’t be that big.
    Tyranny of distance and governmental process just to spice up the whole deal…But a sweet deal it is looking back.

    The price of admission sir is well and truly worth it! (DP might not agree.555)

    The more I know the less I know is something said to me about Thailand and their people and it’s so true so no patting oneself on back thinking you might have a clue still so much to learn.

    MW and myself have been at odds over where we were in the relationship early on as I stuck to my beliefs which took nothing of hers into account..Any wonder there was conflict, that and she is not easy if she feels that her fairness value is being trampled on….Life living hell.555 So after the fighting and you had time to think it’s like well yes see your point or did not look at it like that!

    Does swing both ways and she would see the other side also but still our fighting was quite big as some can attest to.

    I often wondered about those guys that had quiet girls that smiled and just went along with everything but When I listened to some of their stories they had different issues.

    A couple of std things happened that you read about Thai ladies would get in her ear and that made things hard for me but even that is a past thing as things moved on.

    Tourist visa to visit Australia then another.

    Thinking this is something so we need to spend some time, off to Thailand for 8 odd month’s steep learning curve.

    Start the PR process 5 months and a race with Sydney which he won by a month from memory.

    The Thai eagle has landed and life in Australia truly began and a new life for both of us as we packed up our wagon and trailer and trekked off across the breadth of the country to good ol WA.

    18 months odd later PR granted and she says bye bye….No just kidding but I remember saying to her your free now.55555 She just gave me a funny look and then would say, you dream I not let another Thai lady have you.5555

    Life together has had its challenges I have had to take the time and learn about her. We have fought oh man we have and we have laughed that big hearty kind of laugh in more than equal measure.

    We have a life together that outside influences are falling by the way side as the trust levels between us have grown and that can only ever be a time thing.

    Pre conceived ideas about each other have been found to be untrue like her thinking I would be like a Thai guy or me thinking of her in a Farang way…A time thing I suppose.

    We have nested as we have a house in Isaan and a tract of land but it was never nagged for It was mostly my idea and even though her family think I paid for it all its far from the truth a very fifty fifty thing.

    We are a team and she is my best mate… Amazing to think about it now and at times would have been so easy to put aside and it did come close more than once!

    I have been tested by her and it seems I have passed I remember reading about this somewhere but I still feel there maybe yearly exams.55555

    She aint perfect that is a for sure but she is perfect for me!

    And she refers to me as her second hand car so baggage goes both ways.5555

    Just one more piece in the puzzle to complete and that is one child visa which should be granted in the coming weeks and that little dot of not even five that is now 11 will be with us which we are really looking forward to.

    Little Amy loved her visit here this year and it will be great to have a kid in the house again.
    Funny what life brings you she will be a great help to me learning more Thai and it will be great to watch her language skill explode as she learns English.

    So this is where we find ourselves a happy place one not so easy to get to and one that is not a destination just a station on the railway of life.
    There will be more stories to tell more good and bad times I am sure just as long as the balance is on the right side of the ledger!

    This is 5 odd years old now...Time flies.
    .

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,199
    Nice one Wabbits.

    Any sort of cross cultural relationship needs lots of work and loads of give and take. And if a person is not prepared to do both, then best they just rent.
    But congratulations to the two of you for your first five years and may there be many more ahead.
    wabbits likes this.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,861
    Nice post Wabbits and great edit. Hope all is well when Amy comes and she fits in at school well.

  4. #4
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Nice one Wabbits.

    Any sort of cross cultural relationship needs lots of work and loads of give and take. And if a person is not prepared to do both, then best they just rent.
    But congratulations to the two of you for your first five years and may there be many more ahead.
    Massive learning curve I now know what patients really means and to actually think about what i spew from my mouth.5555
    .

  5. #5
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Nice post Wabbits and great edit. Hope all is well when Amy comes and she fits in at school well.
    Thanks Ozzy yes I think she will fit in to school well but has that trip up to Freo each school day till her English is a t a std that is commensurate to her age. Then she will be off to school locally we are looking now.
    PS:a little mountain biker in the making.
    .

  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,047
    Most amazing thing is... you look just as young as you did 5 years ago.... 55
    wabbits likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Thanks Ozzy yes I think she will fit in to school well but has that trip up to Freo each school day till her English is a t a std that is commensurate to her age. Then she will be off to school locally we are looking now.
    PS:a little mountain biker in the making.
    I been looking at the school stuff at the moment as well my partners kids are coming in April next year. Lucky for them they learned English very early. Plus a big bonus for us is that English is spoken in the family home. My lady's step father is American and looking after her kids at the moment for us.

    If she wants to go for a ride let me know happy to do some coaching.

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Nice one Mr and Mrs Wabbs... great to watch that vid, but i don't remember it, only your wedding vid had i seen ...... have you posted that one before ? ...

    Couple of things mate..

    Can you remember the actual date or at least month when you meet Joy ? ... it must have being 2009, but i wonder what month or date, as it must have being so close to me and JK ....

    And also, is my memory that bad that i dont remember Joy daughter visiting, did you post much about that, how long did she stay, ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  9. #9
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Nice one Mr and Mrs Wabbs... great to watch that vid, but i don't remember it, only your wedding vid had i seen ...... have you posted that one before ? ...

    Couple of things mate..

    Can you remember the actual date or at least month when you meet Joy ? ... it must have being 2009, but i wonder what month or date, as it must have being so close to me and JK ....

    And also, is my memory that bad that i dont remember Joy daughter visiting, did you post much about that, how long did she stay, ?
    30th of march 2009 or was it the 29th she will know. Did not post about Amy was a good trip MW went back and stayed up the house for 2 months before coming back so that parting 3 months ago was hard but we are nearly there.
    Expect a few pics upcoming.
    .

  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    30th of march 2009 or was it the 29th she will know. Did not post about Amy was a good trip MW went back and stayed up the house for 2 months before coming back so that parting 3 months ago was hard but we are nearly there.
    Expect a few pics upcoming.
    Wow i always knew we close, and we had talked about this before at least with visas anyway, not sure if we got it down to days when meet however ... 5555


    8th March for me, so 21 days before you guys crossed paths .... amazing ...

    Has Joy does citizenship yet
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  11. #11
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Wow i always knew we close, and we had talked about this before at least with visas anyway, not sure if we got it down to days when meet however ... 5555


    8th March for me, so 21 days before you guys crossed paths .... amazing ...

    Has Joy does citizenship yet
    Wow that is close mate we had a few mile stones that were close to one another.
    Not yet for citizenship but will be on the cards soon, I have said it needs to be done before we think about doing the euro trip will just make it easier.
    .

  12. #12
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,322
    Congrats to Joy and Scotty, doesnt time fly 555
    wabbits likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Congrats to Joy and Scotty, doesnt time fly 555
    Seems like only yesterday we all went on a boat trip mate.555
    .

  14. #14
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399


    Mail order brides, some assembly needed...

    A few observations :

    *Nobody ever reads the instructions before starting the assembly.
    *The instructions make perfect sense when read in the manufacturers own language, but so much is "Lost in translation".
    *The "No special tools needed" statement on the box was a bit of a stretch to say the least.
    *Just after we have used up all the long bolts we find out we should have used the short ones and we now really need the long ones for the next part of the job.
    *There are always a few parts left over just when we think that assembly is complete. Sometimes they are really important ones.
    *Even the best built items require "Regular maintenance".

    Well done for reaching this part of the journey....







  15. #15
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    ^^

    *Careful when choosing as all returns are at the buyers expense.
    justcruzing1 and OZZYGUY like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  16. #16
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post

    Does swing both ways and she would see the other side also but still our fighting was quite big as some can attest to.

    I often wondered about those guys that had quiet girls that smiled and just went along with everything but When I listened to some of their stories they had different issues.

    ....
    So this is where we find ourselves a happy place one not so easy to get to and one that is not a destination just a station on the railway of life.
    There will be more stories to tell more good and bad times I am sure just as long as the balance is on the right side of the ledger!
    Many here will know that Mrs M and I have stood as close as any to the side-line of your relationship these last 5 years ....

    These days I have no doubt why she is called "Joy" and Mrs M and I both agree that you picked a winner .... the Jury is still out on her pick however ....

    our fighting was quite big as some can attest to ... Really? I have nothing to say on that but can we have the key to our bungalow back if you don't think you will be needing a room for one at short notice anymore ...

    I often wondered about those guys that had quiet girls .... and you stopped wondering when you noticed the defensive wounds on my hands? ...555

    As I said to you the other night - if you don't want her - I'll have her. She'll make a great little sister for Mrs M .... but you would be a f...ckin idiot if you ever let her go.

    Enjoy...
    wabbits likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,056
    Good one wabs, I have it all before me.
    I have four sisters and they are very worried for me?
    Time will tell.

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,056
    Just for the record, I will be 57 and Fon is 24 on the big day, spose the sisters have a right to be a little concerned. Oh well spin the dice and lets see what comes up, I'm beyond caring too much but I plan to give it my all.
    Make the most of it I say.

    11798163_419411874926727_1783581088_n.jpg
    Nomad likes this.

  19. #19
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Good one wabs, I have it all before me.
    I have four sisters and they are very worried for me?
    Time will tell.
    Everyone will have an opinion but only you will know how it really is, the future is yours to write mate.
    If you never never go you will never never know.
    Sydney and 1080 like this.
    .

  20. #20
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Many here will know that Mrs M and I have stood as close as any to the side-line of your relationship these last 5 years ....

    These days I have no doubt why she is called "Joy" and Mrs M and I both agree that you picked a winner .... the Jury is still out on her pick however ....

    our fighting was quite big as some can attest to ... Really? I have nothing to say on that but can we have the key to our bungalow back if you don't think you will be needing a room for one at short notice anymore ...

    I often wondered about those guys that had quiet girls .... and you stopped wondering when you noticed the defensive wounds on my hands? ...555

    As I said to you the other night - if you don't want her - I'll have her. She'll make a great little sister for Mrs M .... but you would be a f...ckin idiot if you ever let her go.

    Enjoy...
    She has decided to keep me so I must be a keeper.....Plus not letting her go now that she has trained me.555555
    .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •