Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: How much sports does your wife know.....or like

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

How much sports does your wife know.....or like

1st off.....my wife should have known how much I like watching sports from all the times I was wondering around Thailand at 3-4am trying to watch big Boston games.

I just don't think she realized that I basically watch sports every night

But it's funny some if the things she knows, picks up

She knows a baseball player who wasn't even in Boston because his nickname was Kungfu Panda and fans wore Panda hats 555

She knows LeBron James simply as LeBron

She like a basketball player nsked Ricky Rubio because "he's cute"

She knows "Gronk" on my favorite football team.

As far as watching games....she will watch most basketball games, and likes hockey games but hates football and baseball.

As for going to games, again any basketball game she will go to, she doesn't mind going to hockey games.
    Baseball was a weird one for her to go watch in person . I tried to explain to her baseball was more of a "hanging out" experience.....just drink beers and eat.....chill out. Once she realized it was a more relaxed drinking atmosphere.....she likes it

When a girlfriend dances naked in front of a live All Blacks game, it's the beginning of the end... I would never date a woman who isn't an Atheist so at least religion is never a sticking point... but an Atheist, sport-loving, fitness freak who loves cleaning but hates the kitchen is my ideal woman... only ever met one girl like that, but she didn't like me... 55
    Hatari likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I'm laying on the sofa watching baseball while my wife is cleaning 555

And to be honest.....she's bugging me.
    I keep dropping hints she should clean tomorrow when I am not relaxing watching baseball 555

Haven't we had exactly this thread before? Maybe in sport section?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    Haha
    Probably.....and if so, we can merge it with the Remembering Names thread 555
    Quarky likes this.

Well said!!

I'll write a list...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'm laying on the sofa watching baseball while my wife is cleaning 555

And to be honest.....she's bugging me.
    I keep dropping hints she should clean tomorrow when I am not relaxing watching baseball 555
    You should set a clean-while-I-watch-sports dress-code, could be an exiting game.. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    My wife loves watching moto GP, She hates Rossi thinks he's a tosser.
    Moo Uaon likes this.

^ Ha ha, MsH a Rossi fan, been to Sepang with me (cheering for Rathapark Wilairot the Thai rider in Moto2), she'd wear one of the yellow Rossi supporters wigs if she could
    PeteGill and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I have been planning a GP trip next year with my son, just don't know how to tell her she isn't coming 555

She is also our driver & nurse when we do downhill MTB. (Drives us to the top of the hill so we can ride down)

She got a bike last week and said yesterday we may need a new driver.
    Last edited by OZZYGUY; 23rd May 2016 at 11:03.
    Hatari likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    quoits.......
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Seven_
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:43.

Seven_
    Last edited by Seven_; 24th October 2016 at 01:43.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Is Facebook a sport?
    Quarky likes this.

Originally Posted by Hatari
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Haha
    Probably.....and if so, we can merge it with the Remembering Names thread 555
    Yes indeed, started by ....MarcTwoSix, September 2013

Your wife/tg and your sports?

And since we're on 'repeat play' my answer that day still stands. Good or bad? Hasn't changed except I watch less rugby

we were introduced through sport - she was spectating with friends, me competing in a surf lifesaving comp (note here I represented Australia that day, a ring-in)
    some time after met again via mutual friends. And so things progressed. . . .
    Sport remains a strong common interest; both swim and cycle, follow some same sports on TV. Tour de France each year live each night on TV.
    Her work the main barrier since July when changed to a Mon-Sat employer so Sundays are the only free full day. Active sport and a 48hr work week plus commuting don't mix well.
    She's fanatical and very noisy - as are her friends - re Thai volleyball, badminton, any Thai at Olympics, SEA Games, ASEAN Games esp athletics events.
    Two dangers here - I need earplugs, and sit on opposite sofa fearful of swinging arms - spectating/cheering can be both physical, and dangerous. She's played those sports plus tennis, and table tennis to provincial level. Swims but prefers pool to beach, and we're lucky to have a good 6 lane 25m pool under 1km away open to 7pm with outdoor exercise park nice place in the evenings.
    Most of 'my' rugby is on Fri and Sat afternoons so doesn't get a chance to share that game. Lucky, maybe, when I was helping coach a youth team she'd sometimes come along and talk to the mothers, little interest there. Despite her brother being football mad, won't watch that game (neither will I).
    Been with me twice to KL/Sepang for MotoGP Malaysian Grand Prix- once to the races second time around 'off shopping' (I think that counts a sport?) I've tried takraw with no success, that one definitely 'too hard'
    Moving to a new town we've made most of our friends/social contacts through various sports groups, is and always has been an important part of my life.
    Quarky, PeteGill and OZZYGUY like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    Yes indeed, started by ....MarcTwoSix, September 2013

Your wife/tg and your sports?

And since we're on 'repeat play' my answer that day still stands. Good or bad? Hasn't changed except I watch less rugby
    We could call this the start of dementia thread 555

Had a Thai GF for a few years who would happily watch rugby with me though I suspect that it was for my benefit.. But she did give out a cute little giggle every time there was a big hit....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ they love seeing the all blacks do the Haka....show is all over then 55
    PeteGill and Hatari like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Volleyball remains king in the household. No argument there.
    But we get the Diamond League track and field series on cable and always good to watch too
    A spin-off of a sporting mother (and I take some credit too) - daughter, 10, made the Chanthaburi athletics squad in October after inter-region competitions then completing a two week selection camp, team of 110 represented the province at annual champs involving 32 provinces, and 4400 competitors. Ran in 100, 200, 4 x 100 Relay, 110 hurdles. So keen to qualify again for this year's event. Quite serious even at that level, all paid for, sponsored travel, sports gear, tracksuits, bags and a little spending money too.
    She swims, cycles 10km no problem, next generation triathlete...
    Last edited by Hatari; 23rd May 2016 at 19:49.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    TG loves volleyball and the Thai National team and is devastated they " got rorted" in the Olympic qualifier in Japan by Japan who got 2 or 3 points on the ref's say so, not a ball played. There has been a public outcry from not only Thai followers ( but the majority) on the ref's actions in this game. She does not have mich interest in most sports I follow but watches a little bit of Basketball, footy etc if i am watching but no real interest Have taken her to one AFL game at wet cold day at Subi Freo v Lions, her highlight if the day seeing a bit of arse, when Nat Fyfe got dacked. Still talks about to this day 😀.
    Hatari likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    my PTTGF runs each morning at 5am for an hour with her sister and niece...she then goes home and cooks breakfast for the family and after that rides her bike (doubling her young son) to her school (she is Principal of a small infants school)...

In the evening after cooking dinner for the family again she rides off to the local volleyball/basketball courts 3 times a week to captain her team in the local comp and train...sister and niece included in team...the other nights she trains at the local MT gym...and on Saturday night the whole extended clan get together and watch the MT Fights on TV....about 30 of them...and dare I say there are a few side wagers and lots of Lao Kha amongst the blokes..

I don't really argue with her if she is keen on something...555
    Quarky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast