Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Thailand , Mongering and the mind games

Thailand , Mongering and the mind games

To cut a long story short I'd been seeing a girl of Greek decent for the last 3 months or so, decent looking, easy going,well educated , parents are moving to Greece next year and going to leave her the family home , so you get the picture not a bad catch
    I ended it the weekend it's just to hard to get the Asia holidays and the mongering out of my head, (between the girls on facebook, the drunken memories and I'm planning Cambodia Xmas ) , I honestly think if I'd never have been Thailand I'd have made a go of it with her.
    Guess all the BM's here have had the same sort of experiences??

Much as I like Thailand. If I meet the right girl, Thailand wouldn't make any difference on whether I stayed with her or not... I am guessing that you just don't like her enough... and that's fair enough.

Have you still been able to watch the rugby? ..55
    Bawdy and TMTBOUND like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    That's why Thailand is for the older seasoned gentlemen. We don't have those home opportunities to choose from..55 I don't think you are that into her anyways if the 4 or 5 weeks a year in thailand is too good to give up. How old are you?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    That's why Thailand is for the older seasoned gentlemen. We don't have those home opportunities to choose from..55 I don't think you are that into her anyways if the 4 or 5 weeks a year in thailand is too good to give up. How old are you?
    36 going on 16...
    PeteGill and Cuzzy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Much as I like Thailand. If I meet the right girl, Thailand wouldn't make any difference on whether I stayed with her or not... I am guessing that you just don't like her enough... and that's fair enough.

Have you still been able to watch the rugby? ..55
    I think it's the more deep lying issue of commitment , I always think the grass is greener on the other side
    Quarky and Tingtong like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by do ron View Post
    36 going on 16...
    Does she want to be really serious and get married? If not. Then why dump her? Just let it ride. And if she can't handle it she will dump you. But you already ended it. You should have asked us first...555
    Quarky and Cuzzy like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Thailand is a dream/illusion. You pay for the fantasy and most should just keep it at that. If that caused me personal struggle I would disconnect from social media contact with everything LOS. I know some will disagree and that is ok..... Unless you live there it is too hard to cope with doing it IMO.

I would call call her back and see if she would have you back and forget Asia unless you take her with you...... Or have enough money at 36 to call it a career and live there.
    Last edited by TMTBOUND; 20th September 2016 at 09:16.
    Moo Uaon, OZZYGUY and NOMIS like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I always think the grass is greener on the other side
    Yep I had that issue over it now.

Once you get past the add this video may help.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMTBOUND View Post
    Unless you live there it is too hard to cope with doing it IMO.
    Well, you certainly wouldn't be spending all your days chasing bar girls like you would on a two week holiday, 5555

Definitely better options out there then bar girls (for a relationship).
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Well, you certainly wouldn't be spending all your days chasing bar girls like you would on a two week holiday, 5555

Definitely better options out there then bar girls (for a relationship).
    he mentioned mongering..... So I took it he was talking bar girls. Although for me o doubt it would be very different only being able to speak to a girl for two weeks a year and skype 50 more.

My my two week holidays are great..... I would not change a thing �� 5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    The allure of the bars and the girls therein WILL wear off one day (Yeah, I also laughed in the face of the guy who first told me that.)

Until that time comes you are no use to anyone as a long term partner/commitment/exclusivity prospect - the siren call is just too strong.

It took me several years to break the addiction .... I found regular overdoses eventually led to a cure....
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    The allure of the bars and the girls therein WILL wear off one day (Yeah, I also laughed in the face of the guy who first told me that.)

When your down to one girl a night you know its starting to wear off 55
    Minder and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    To cut a long story short I'd been seeing a girl of Greek decent for the last 3 months or so, decent looking, easy going,well educated , parents are moving to Greece next year and going to leave her the family home , so you get the picture not a bad catch
    I ended it the weekend it's just to hard to get the Asia holidays and the mongering out of my head, (between the girls on facebook, the drunken memories and I'm planning Cambodia Xmas ) , I honestly think if I'd never have been Thailand I'd have made a go of it with her.
    Guess all the BM's here have had the same sort of experiences??
    do you really think you have broken up with her because of thailand....i just think its a convenient excuse for you....perhaps ask your self some hard questions..you might not like your answers
    i think iv been lucky as i have always been able to switch off when i have returned home from thailand...perhaps because i spend very little time these days in the bars compared to the old days
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    hard situation.

probably being somewhere between where you are (OP) and someone who has met and married the perfect woman 3-4 times is the place to be 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Speaking as one who has had two SUCCESSFUL marriages that ended when they should have, I have a bit of advice.

1. Analyze yourself and do some serious thinking what YOU want for the future.
    2. Why would you want to be married? There are many reasons for this and ever reason is unique to the individual.
    3. Are you happy being alone for long periods of time?
    4. Do you want children at some point in time? If you want children it is better being married.
    5. Will you be happy giving up sex when you reach your sixties? That happens with most old married couples.
    6. Mongering grows a bit boring after a while.
    7. Unless you are happy living in Thailand, it is hard to keep a Thai woman happy if she is taken out of her country and away from family.

There are more questions than answers. I'm very happy being single and would not change my life style for anything. I get more of everything and don't have to act my real age of 76.
    Quarky, OZZYGUY and DutyFree like this.

^ so getting divorced makes them successful?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ so getting divorced makes them successful?
    Yup. They lasted as long as they should have and everyone gained in the end. All it cost was half of my money and possessions at the time, but in the long run I was much further ahead. I got two great children from my first marriage, and a good love affair for 5 of the 7 years with my second wife. I gained my freedom later and the chance to look after my own finances instead of wasting them on someone else. Financially, I am way better off, and have more and far younger women as friends with benefits. It is a win-win situation.

That is the point I was making about analyzing your own, personal interests. No two people are alike. You did the same by taking your son back to Australia with you for both your sakes.
    Minder, TMTBOUND and TLandHim like this.

Thing is i know couples that have been together for 40 years or more and love each other. Money is not part of what is good or bad for them.
    They have a family unit were mum and dad are there for their kids... and in the same house 55

Would that be unsuccessful?
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 20th September 2016 at 20:07.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I can see DoRon's point of view about ending it.
    After all, not everyone wants a big fat greek wedding.....

OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'm in the 'you wren't into her enough' camp. Otherwise I reckon it would have been a no brainer. A good way to gauge a relationship though 55. Does she make me lose interest in LoS? Nop. Not for me then.

The commitment is what stops me as well. If I don't get married I could probably retire at around 45-50. If I do I could be working till 65. 15-20 years of life is a BIG deal. I've heard some pretty good things about marriage, but it's literally a life sentence. Screw that.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast