Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A different life.....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I was just down at my local casual restaurant for dinner...pad thai gai, sai goong (65 baht with 4 decent sized prawns added)....sitting at a table next to me were 2 Thai kids...the boy about 12 and the girl maybe a little younger...they were still dressed in school uniforms and were very quiet and polite but friendly, with both smiling at me and the staff....they had 3 dishes between them with rice and when they got up to pay the lad was the one dealing out the money....

not sure whether they were brother and sister or this was a (junior) date..but they rode off together on a pink scoopy afterwards 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I was just down at my local casual restaurant for dinner...pad thai gai, sai goong (65 baht with 4 decent sized prawns added)....sitting at a table next to me were 2 Thai kids...the boy about 12 and the girl maybe a little younger...they were still dressed in school uniforms and were very quiet and polite but friendly, with both smiling at me and the staff....they had 3 dishes between them with rice and when they got up to pay the lad was the one dealing out the money....

not sure whether they were brother and sister or this was a (junior) date..but they rode off together on a pink scoopy afterwards 555
    your usual spot nels..impressed that the kids are eating at Coco's..btw cape town is crawling with tourists..very very busy...i love the holidays...

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    your usual spot nels..impressed that the kids are eating at Coco's..btw cape town is crawling with tourists..very very busy...i love the holidays...
    no..not Cocoe's..one of the lower priced Thai joints on the ring road...but they were a great couple of kids...seemed to really enjoy themselves

its still quiet here in Lamai....but building...I imagine it will be hit like a bomb this weekend...just as I head over to Lalaland

Been for a swim in the sea at home this summer yet Barry?....555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    no..not Cocoe's..one of the lower priced Thai joints on the ring road...but they were a great couple of kids...seemed to really enjoy themselves

its still quiet here in Lamai....but building...I imagine it will be hit like a bomb this weekend...just as I head over to Lalaland

Been for a swim in the sea at home this summer yet Barry?....555
    only once nels 5555555555......i have my pool.....beaches are busy now...quiet hard to get parking(thats my excuse 55555)
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

That is something I've always noted in Thailand. The Thai youth are more polite than what I see hanging around Canadian malls and "hang outs". And, Thai teenagers seem more willing to interact with older strangers like myself. That would never happen in Canada.

These young men offered my friend, Mike and I a beer when we were coming back from a hike up Doi Sutthep. On a hot day that beer tasted better than most I've had.

Quarky, jontymate, bacwaan and 1 others like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Actually you bring up a great point that I was thinking about.
    He does play sports in school but I don't think organized sports is the that encompassing as it is in North America.
    They play their games at school and that's it.
    You almost never see kids in parks playing sports recreational.
    And there doesn't seem to be a "culture" around it.
    Whereas when I played sports it was sort of a lifestyle
    Mate there are scouts "dib dib dob dob" in LOS you will find one of his teachers is a scout master . To keep busy . Just a suggestion.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Mate there are scouts "dib dib dob dob" in LOS you will find one of his teachers is a scout master . To keep busy . Just a suggestion.
    I don't really understand your post....

But he is busy enough, too busy at times......
    That never seems to be an issue with Thai school kids, they certainly keep them busy

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    A movement is us based cub scouts............... based on the jungle book. The opposite is girl guides. Forbes step in you would know! 5555
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    A movement is us based cub scouts............... based on the jungle book. The opposite is girl guides. Forbes step in you would know! 5555
    Oh, so you actually meant the boy scouts 555
    As I said, idleness or needing things to occupy his time is not an issue....
    He hasn't had spare time in years!
    He really is always busy with sportz, school trips and all that.
    But his grandmother would just want him to do that and nothing else.....
    As any 16yr old........He wants a social life

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Oh, so you actually meant the boy scouts 555
    As I said, idleness or needing things to occupy his time is not an issue....
    He hasn't had spare time in years!
    He really is always busy with sportz, school trips and all that.
    But his grandmother would just want him to do that and nothing else.....
    As any 16yr old........He wants a social life
    And, I would agree with the lad. It takes a balance of everything to make a well rounded adult. Eventually, he will discover what he wants to do and what career to take. Much better to enjoy what you are doing than hating your job.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Time for that talk about condoms methinks.
    Sydney and Ian Forbes like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Time for that talk about condoms methinks.
    Ao has been all over that countless times with him. That is her major concern.
    He is a bit girl obsessed.....

New Year's Eve......He wanted to stay home while Ao is in Suphan and rest of family in Petchaburi...

She wasn't allowing that and I said, maybe you let a 13-14yr old stay home but not 15-17yr olds 5555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Kind of a juggling game, isn't it. 555

Good for Ao. She knows boys better than boys know themselves. 5555

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12