Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Thai weddings

Cadet Gold
    Hi ozzy unfortunately i must return to australia as i have an 86 year old mother who lives on my property so i will have to see which way the cards get played as to going to live there or to bring her to australia it costs around 7000 for the temp visa to start with and then once permanent residency is granted another 3000 just a greedy government .i could say a few things bt i wont in case i offend anyone here but a certain group of people have made a mockery of the visa system if you know what i mean .
    OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Hi ozzy unfortunately i must return to australia as i have an 86 year old mother who lives on my property so i will have to see which way the cards get played as to going to live there or to bring her to australia it costs around 7000 for the temp visa to start with and then once permanent residency is granted another 3000 just a greedy government .i could say a few things bt i wont in case i offend anyone here but a certain group of people have made a mockery of the visa system if you know what i mean .
    Do yourself a favour and YouTube Thai weddings. I had a village wedding in her house and near to. I never formalized it, sort of a get out of gaol free card until she passed go a few times but had another back in OZ that was legal. Something to consider as you have spent little real time together as an option.

Best of luck and after you watch all the videos on you tube if you have any questions feel free to PM me and my wife will answer anything that I don't know.
    Nomad, crispy and OZZYGUY like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Congratulations Crispy, hope it all goes well, from what you've advised you're in good hands so go with the flow and enjoy the experience. The whole process can take up to three days, but as you've said family is limited, so it should be a lot shorter than that.

Your post reminded me that it is now just over Seven years since my own Thai marriage and I've never looked back.
    crispy likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Memories are flooding back now, has she fitted you up for traditional Thai dress for the ceremony yet?
    Some of the BMs may even be brave enough to point you to photos of them...
    Me? She couldn't fit me into anything because nobody had "Farang size"...so I ended up having a suit jacket made.
    They measured me up about 8.30pm and I picked it up at 10.00am the next day on the way out to the village...
    Amazing Thailand...
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Hi changone hahaha we had a bit of a discussion about the thai pantaloons the other night ,it aint gonna happen !i will wear the white suit with the sash but no stockings and those funnny pant thingos ,she showed me a photo of her bosses sons wedding last week and he was wearing them ok for a thai as it is part of there culture so it will be white suit for morning monk visit at the temple then the same for the ceremony and for the reception at night i will wear my farang suit and tie hopefully i wont cook myself .Of course this will change as she will insist i wear them for photos and i will give in as i always do to keep her happy as it is her big day i just wont show anyone at home that photo hahahaha !

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Congratulations Crispy, hope it all goes well, from what you've advised you're in good hands so go with the flow and enjoy the experience. The whole process can take up to three days, but as you've said family is limited, so it should be a lot shorter than that.

Your post reminded me that it is now just over Seven years since my own Thai marriage and I've never looked back.
    12 years and two days for Mrs M and I.

Get up early for the Monks and then go go go all day - it is a bloody long day - that I remember.

This thread is a trip down memory lane alright - no way was I going to fit into the Thai outfit either and went the two suits route also.

The senior Thai person to act as your sponsor is all part of the process so just go with it - means a lot to her is all we need to know 555

We had over a hundred people at our wedding reception held at a Hotel (I was the only farang) and the whole shebang cost less than the Italian girl I work with spent on her Wedding cake .....

Congrats ....
    jontymate and crispy like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

We had over a hundred people at our wedding reception held at a Hotel (I was the only farang) and the whole shebang cost less than the Italian girl I work with spent on her Wedding cake .....

Congrats ....
    My stepson's monk ceremony/party will be fast approaching.
    My wife has been talking about it since he was 10yrs old! 555
    I told her she can do anything she wants for it but that it has to be at a hotel.
    She said only rich people have it in a hotel.....I said, "well this one time, consider me rich" 555
    crispy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    12 years and two days for Mrs M and I.

Get up early for the Monks and then go go go all day - it is a bloody long day - that I remember.

This thread is a trip down memory lane alright - no way was I going to fit into the Thai outfit either and went the two suits route also.

The senior Thai person to act as your sponsor is all part of the process so just go with it - means a lot to her is all we need to know 555

Congrats ....
    I love big parties but hate all the wedding crap....always have.
    I actually like going to big weddings.....I just never wanted to have one myself.

So we got married on a Tuesday.....I woke up and asked her of she wanted to do it that day. We didn't have it planned.
    I left for US embassy at 11am and were married by 4pm.
    That did it for me.....

We had a party with about 50 people at Summer Breeze. Bill put out a great buffet and I also hired Don's BBQ

We then had a small party with her family in BKK.

And then had a really nice wedding dinner in Toronto in a private room at an Italian restaurant.
    That was awesome because it was also the "meet Ao" weekend. It was the 1st time any of my family and friends met her and we all had a blast that weekend
    Gazmac and crispy like this.

Cadet Gold
    Well im not sure on the reception party as yet as she is still organizing it but as she has said it will be for about 100 people probably at a local restereunt somewhere close by ,i have asked her to get three types of invites and we will discuss which one we like and also what she wishes to give to the attendies at said reception as a gift .
    Someone mentioned i think about reading out what people had given in the envelopes as gifts i dont know if i would feel comfortable doing this as there is a wide spectrum of people coming and some are well off and some are not so we may have to talk about this one bit of a sticky one that .
    Marctwosix there is a guy i think he lives in or around the kanchanaburi area colin in thailand i think he is on you tube he does a lot to do with the monastaries and monks and what actually happens at there induction into the priesthood.I think if i had a step son i would prefer he went into the priesthood than the army but thats another story.
    Minder yes this is what i have been told up aat 430 then of to the temple then back and of to the ceremony then of to the reception then finnally to the hotel for some rest her aunty will be looking after the sinsot ( not her real aunty but close enough) she has helped her a great deal as her own daughter married i think he is a customs or immigration guy wore a white dress uniform anyway at there wedding its funny as geuss who caught the boque ? must have been a sign from buddha your next .
    Minder likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I am 12 months into a onshore partner visa and we live in Perth. My wife is Filipino not Thai but same proccess for the visa.

One of the things you need to do before applying is be in a defacto relationship for 12 months min. Im unsure if you will quallify for that untill you live together. You should check on this as you need to plan ahead a few things before applying. Im sure just being married will not just do it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Isn't the requirement "married, de facto and de jure?"
    crispy and OZZYGUY like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Isn't the requirement "married, de facto and de jure?"
    From what I understand is you need to live together min 60% of the time min 12 month period. You need things like joint bank accounts, power and other bills in joint names, joint ownership of things etc showing you are in a ongoing lasting relationship. I may be incorrect but if this is so just being married and not spending much time together he will struggle with the PV.
    Sydney likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Hi oz i have been down this road before as my last wife was from mindanou tagum city to be exact i cnat remember the exact requirements but i think for the initial visa there are some requirements that must be met but for the pv as you say there must be evidence of an ongoing relationship joint accounts personal property ect ect .
    Zab is correct there are 3 types of relationship you can be in when my last wife came here we were only engaged and were married here so it was basically a fiancee visa i applied for . Ill cross that bridge when i get there as it may be sometime in the future or in a year or so we will have to wait and see but at the moment i will concentrate on the wedding at hand and try as little as i can to have some input into it ,i can do all the outside crap hotels flights ect but as for on the ground stuff i am a bit hamstrung but we discuss everything as it occures but i refuse to wear thos pantaloon things and thats final hahahaha.
    Sydney and OZZYGUY like this.

Z
    Hi oz i have been down this road before as my last wife was from mindanou tagum city to be exact i cnat remember the exact requirements but i think for the initial visa there are some requirements that must be met but for the pv as you say there must be evidence of an ongoing relationship joint accounts personal property ect ect .
    Zab is correct there are 3 types of relationship you can be in when my last wife came here we were only engaged and were married here so it was basically a fiancee visa i applied for . Ill cross that bridge when i get there as it may be sometime in the future or in a year or so we will have to wait and see but at the moment i will concentrate on the wedding at hand and try as little as i can to have some input into it ,i can do all the outside crap hotels flights ect but as for on the ground stuff i am a bit hamstrung but we discuss everything as it occures but i refuse to wear thos pantaloon things and thats final hahahaha.
    If you don't put your foot down now you'll be on the back foot for the rest of your relationship.
    Sure TGs have "their culture" but so do you!
    jontymate, Nomad, crispy and 1 others like this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Ozzy , My wife and I don't have joint Bank accounts or power billls etc at all ! As long as you have her name on her accounts for things and her address matches yours it's all sweet . Just have to prove are still living under the same roof and still in a loving relationship !
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Ozzy , My wife and I don't have joint Bank accounts or power billls etc at all ! As long as you have her name on her accounts for things and her address matches yours it's all sweet . Just have to prove are still living under the same roof and still in a loving relationship !
    Its all just proof to show you are in a ongoing relationship.

But what if you only spend a few weeks a year together. Is that still ok.
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Well you are still legally married as the marriage is recognized in both countries thailand and australia when i brought my last wife here i obviously had enough info to convince the authorities that we were going to be in long relationship WRONG ! as soon as she got her permanent visa she was gone ,but thats history now i was just a means to an end i think she lives in america now not sure ,anyway that would be the biggest hurdle i would possibly face with bringing a new wife to australia is that i have history and the authorities may say well your last one left whats to stop this one ?
    It is all hyperthetical at the moment as i had hoped to move there but time will tell ,i have seen things go pear shaped with marriages like this not that long ago ,but i have to admit it was with a totally different couple one was determned to go to the uk and the husband just wanted to lie on the lounge and drink beer down the pub but thats there business they are now divorced .lasted 1 year tops unfortunately he was a soak all he did when he went there (thailand) was sit and drink either with thais or other farang so it was doomed even though he hadnt told her he didnt have a job after 3 years of communication .
    My girl knows all about me and my family what i do and i believe i know all about her of course there will be little things but after spending a month with her as close as one can get meeting her family and friends i think i have a fair grasp unless she is a very good liar , one thing that comes to mind is how thais pick there noses ,anyone else noticed this when i first saw this i said bloody hell dont do that in front of the family hahaha same as us dont go honking into a hankerchief at the table thais dont like it .

Cadet Gold
    Well as things move along we come to the wedding photos ,now unbeknown to me the photos are taken in different clothes than the ceremony ,i could not understand why she was always talking about two suits as i will bring mine from here .
    Well the other night it was explained to me apparently the photos and what you are wearing have to be different to what you wear at the ceremony and for the reception they must be different as well as the photo of the happy couple greet people as they arrive .
    So from what i can gather it will be for the photos 1x white thai suit ,1 x ill fitting farang suit ,and casual clothes with the same shirt for the photos .the morning ceremony will be 1x cream thai suit "will get that one made " and for the reception will be my tailored farang suit .
    Now to some it may seem a rather over done process but from what i have seen this is the norm and being her first marriage i think she doesnt want to lose face in front of friends and family so i will just run with the ball and at least i wont be wearing those pantaloon thingos that is a definate no no .
    Her neice is fairly up with doing photos on the computer and said she will be taking heaps at the ceremony and also at the reception so we will see bit hard sometimes when you are so far apart to make things gel but well get there .
    Changone and OZZYGUY like this.

Well as things move along we come to the wedding photos ,now unbeknown to me the photos are taken in different clothes than the ceremony ,i could not understand why she was always talking about two suits as i will bring mine from here .
    Well the other night it was explained to me apparently the photos and what you are wearing have to be different to what you wear at the ceremony and for the reception they must be different as well as the photo of the happy couple greet people as they arrive .
    So from what i can gather it will be for the photos 1x white thai suit ,1 x ill fitting farang suit ,and casual clothes with the same shirt for the photos .the morning ceremony will be 1x cream thai suit "will get that one made " and for the reception will be my tailored farang suit .
    Now to some it may seem a rather over done process but from what i have seen this is the norm and being her first marriage i think she doesnt want to lose face in front of friends and family so i will just run with the ball and at least i wont be wearing those pantaloon thingos that is a definate no no .
    Her neice is fairly up with doing photos on the computer and said she will be taking heaps at the ceremony and also at the reception so we will see bit hard sometimes when you are so far apart to make things gel but well get there .
    Sounds like a God damn nightmare!
    Congrats 5555
    Zablive and crispy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sounds like a God damn nightmare!
    Congrats 5555
    Wait until you find out you'll pay for all the food and drink for 3 days but they'll keep all the donations.!

Sorry but I'd drop into the conversation that in your culture the bride's father pays all the wedding costs 555!

I've been married before - see no reason for another one.
    We are fine after 8.5 years particularly after I explained the Centrelink rule of a loss of 25% of my pension if married.
    (loss of money is a greater loss of "face" or just a reality check 555!)

Anyhow, enjoy your day(s) - I don't want to rain on her parade.
    crispy and OZZYGUY like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast