Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Thai weddings

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Wait until you find out you'll pay for all the food and drink for 3 days but they'll keep all the donations.!

Sorry but I'd drop into the conversation that in your culture the bride's father pays all the wedding costs 555!

I've been married before - see no reason for another one.
    We are fine after 8.5 years particularly after I explained the Centrelink rule of a loss of 25% of my pension if married.
    (loss of money is a greater loss of "face" or just a reality check 555!)

Anyhow, enjoy your day(s) - I don't want to rain on her parade.
    That has changed drastically
    More and more the wedding couple are paying for themseleves.

I think I sais this before:
    I was 24yrs old, maybe even younger
    My ex-gf said her aunt had 50kusd and her dad had 20kusd for her wedding
    I'd only have to come up with another 30-40k!!!
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Just as much "face" involved in such a waste of money which would be far better used as a deposit on a house.
    crispy likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    My first wife's family paid for that wedding. After we split up they informed me they still had a few years left on some bank loan payments they took out for it and wanted me to pay. Not sure if it was a load of crap or some way of extracting more money out of me.

crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    My first wife's family paid for that wedding. After we split up they informed me they still had a few years left on some bank loan payments they took out for it and wanted me to pay. Not sure if it was a load of crap or some way of extracting more money out of me.
    Which leaves us with a burning question. Did you pay? 555 I would told them to talk to my lawyer.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Which leaves us with a burning question. Did you pay? 555 I would told them to talk to my lawyer.
    Pretty much.........I told her too pay it.
    Cippy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Hi all well marctwosix is correct many thaicouples pay for the wedding themselves and may get some assistance from family if able ,as for food and drink yes we are paying for it and i dont want to see a scrap left when im done or ill be pissed ,the girl has no parents as they are both past away as i think i said in another post .
    We have talked about drink at the wedding reception and i was in favor of beer and wine but she has a thing about drinking so that is something we will discuss further ,now being as we are paying for it the reception is not going to be held in a 5 star hotel and will most likely be a fairly low key affair with about 100 people and probably catered for by a local resteraunt ,we did think of holding it in a resteraunt but she was concerned about free loaders saying they new the couple and hopping in for a free feed .
    Anyway there are ways around that if we decide to go down that track ,im not into spending copiuos amounts of money to LOOK GOOD and thankfully nor is she ,her bosses son recently got married and that was a hi so wedding held in a 5 star hotel ect bridesmaids flower girls all the normal b/s ,because we are paying for it and before anyone says anything she is contributing a fair amount of savings towards the occasion it wont be a villiage wedding nor a hiso wedding it will be somewhere in between we both are just normal working people and i dont really care if i spend a bit of money as long as she has a great day after all it is only money .
    Zablive and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    Hi all well marctwosix is correct many thaicouples pay for the wedding themselves and may get some assistance from family if able ,as for food and drink yes we are paying for it and i dont want to see a scrap left when im done or ill be pissed ,the girl has no parents as they are both past away as i think i said in another post .
    We have talked about drink at the wedding reception and i was in favor of beer and wine but she has a thing about drinking so that is something we will discuss further ,now being as we are paying for it the reception is not going to be held in a 5 star hotel and will most likely be a fairly low key affair with about 100 people and probably catered for by a local resteraunt ,we did think of holding it in a resteraunt but she was concerned about free loaders saying they new the couple and hopping in for a free feed .
    Anyway there are ways around that if we decide to go down that track ,im not into spending copiuos amounts of money to LOOK GOOD and thankfully nor is she ,her bosses son recently got married and that was a hi so wedding held in a 5 star hotel ect bridesmaids flower girls all the normal b/s ,because we are paying for it and before anyone says anything she is contributing a fair amount of savings towards the occasion it wont be a villiage wedding nor a hiso wedding it will be somewhere in between we both are just normal working people and i dont really care if i spend a bit of money as long as she has a great day after all it is only money .
    Have you priced some hotels for the wedding?

I'd be interested in knowing what they charge and how they charge.
    Per person, do they provide the food and booze?

I have my stepson's Buddhist cermeony fast approaching in a couple years
    And want to have it at a hotel and not outside
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Hi mate you may be better of doing what we are thinking of and that is hiring a room i know that the girl looked into it and was given some astronomical price she did it i think just to see what it would cost i dont have any specifics so i wont try to quote you prices but i think you would go tell them what you want and they charge accordingly ,things like how many what you want as a set up drinks ect .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Have you priced some hotels for the wedding?

I'd be interested in knowing what they charge and how they charge.
    Per person, do they provide the food and booze?

I have my stepson's Buddhist cermeony fast approaching in a couple years
    And want to have it at a hotel and not outside
    Ibis Riverside has 3 rooms, as well as the lawn next to the river. Our original plan was a ceremony there, but the logistics of 9 monks, MC, etc got too complicated to organise from afar. Pricing wasn't over the top.
    crispy likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Ibis Riverside has 3 rooms, as well as the lawn next to the river. Our original plan was a ceremony there, but the logistics of 9 monks, MC, etc got too complicated to organise from afar. Pricing wasn't over the top.
    Well you know I love that place.

But it's a bit too shiek for some of Ao's family.
    I don't say that as reflecting on me.
    I'd be worried a lot of them would be uncomfortable there.
    I know her brothers would be in that setting.....although they have been with us at the pool.

I was thinking a more of a local type hotel

In the end....Ao is 100% in charge of it. I can only give suggestions.
    She's been talking about this damn party since the kid has been 8yrs old! 555
    So she will have some very strong opinions on what she wants
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 14th April 2017 at 20:36.
    crispy likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I went to a "monk" party for a kid about 12 years old late last year down at that terracotta "Snake Temple" near where you stayed the last two time here just before coming into Baan Hua Thanon...

It was for a boy from a very wealthy family here...and they had it in an open function pavilion attached to the temple but overlooking the sea...no booze allowed but there was everything there from from great food prepared by chef's in white high hats, a bartender making mocktails for the kids, an "ice cream shop" puppet shows, pony rides on the beach, a kids disco, carnival rides etc etc...they must have spent a fortune

I've alaso been to another that was in the parents house...a nice, large western style house...it was much more like a western kids party with a BBQ, cake and pinada ..but the adults were having a few drinks as well...bottles of scotch and vodka on the table with mixers and beers in the "esky"...

Both were great fun...plenty of ways to do it here...
    crispy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    The monks ,yea forgot about those guys she wants 9 good luck so im told ,i dont think they will be at the reception but will be at the ceremony i believe.I think im going to have to get a full run down on how this operation is actually going to go down gonna need some grid references,routes to assault location ect ,rv points and method of extraction for starters hahahaha.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    You got to have the monks for the "String" and the chanting then there's the food which they always get a crack at first.
    Stand down soldier! You have done a good job until now...New orders are on the way...555
    Zablive likes this.

Cadet Gold
    duty first wait out
    Changone likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Do they do the bedding ceremony when it's a hotel reception? Pretty sure it's standard when you have it in the village.... so there's always that to look forward too, 555
    crispy likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

So glad I didn't have to go through all this Monk shit............Catholic priests are so much easier as long as you keep your eye on the young kids...........
    Rivo and crispy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    So glad I didn't have to go through all this Monk shit............Catholic priests are so much easier as long as you keep your eye on the young kids...........
    Shouldn't laugh but I did.. damn you... 55
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    Hi all well the show just keeps rolling on ,the girl went and saw about photos today and she has decided that it is a waste of money and ill tell you why ,the photo session was supposed to take place the day after i arrived anyway she went for a quote now remembering i am arriving 13 days before the day ,they told her for 5 photos to be ready including 1 large and framed was difficult to do in that time so it was going to cost 12000 baht .
    I nearly fell of my chair 10,000 for the photos and 2000 extra to get it done before the wedding so she has decided that it isnt going to happen ,we have a nice photo from my last trip that her cousin will have blown up and cropped and framed and maybe some special effect on it and that will be the one shown at the reception for a fraction of the cost ,as for any others i have two cameras that will hold 2600 photos maybe more if i up the sd cards , her friends will have cameras so im sure we will be able to find some good ones amongst them. Now maybe they wont be as profesional as this guy but if we cant find some decent ones for a wedding album there is something wrong ,i think she was even shocked at the price .
    1080 likes this.

Hi all well the show just keeps rolling on ,the girl went and saw about photos today and she has decided that it is a waste of money and ill tell you why ,the photo session was supposed to take place the day after i arrived anyway she went for a quote now remembering i am arriving 13 days before the day ,they told her for 5 photos to be ready including 1 large and framed was difficult to do in that time so it was going to cost 12000 baht .
    I nearly fell of my chair 10,000 for the photos and 2000 extra to get it done before the wedding so she has decided that it isnt going to happen ,we have a nice photo from my last trip that her cousin will have blown up and cropped and framed and maybe some special effect on it and that will be the one shown at the reception for a fraction of the cost ,as for any others i have two cameras that will hold 2600 photos maybe more if i up the sd cards , her friends will have cameras so im sure we will be able to find some good ones amongst them. Now maybe they wont be as profesional as this guy but if we cant find some decent ones for a wedding album there is something wrong ,i think she was even shocked at the price .
    Phot services are offered at huge discounts on all the discount websites in Thailand
    Have a look around.

To be honest, I'm not a huge wedding guy but the one thing you should pay for is proper photographers to capture the day if you are going to do it

But those sites like Groupon have them at like 75% off
    crispy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    do they still do disposable cameras , put one on every table and let the guests snap away at the table , get the best man to collect them all after ... although that idea is probably dated now everyone has a mobile
    Quarky and crispy like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast