Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: It's a long way from Chiang Mai to Perth

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Hey Moo is that the guy ive met with the Forza ?...........and the great Pizza 555
    Nah...that's Con but he's from Melbourne too. Yummy is on Canal road the grand canyon end of town.
    Rivo likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I always find it a bit funny when guys stress that the girl didn't ask for money but money seems the main topic of their discussions

These girls(my wife included) know exactly what they are doing.....they feed on our egos of wanting to take care and I think the know very well the disparity in incomes and how "easy" it would be for a guy to send them 10k or so

I'm not disparaging anyone, I've been down that road, but every story is pretty much carbon copy.
    The guys stresses she didn't ask for money yet the relationship seems to revolve around money and in the end he gives her money 5555
    Quarky likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I always find it a bit funny when guys stress that the girl didn't ask for money but money seems the main topic of their discussions

These girls(my wife included) know exactly what they are doing.....they feed on our egos of wanting to take care and I think the know very well the disparity in incomes and how "easy" it would be for a guy to send them 10k or so

I'm not disparaging anyone, I've been down that road, but every story is pretty much carbon copy.
    The guys stresses she didn't ask for money yet the relationship seems to revolve around money and in the end he gives her money 5555
    well for me there is a huge difference in whether a girl asks for money up front, especially when you can see she expects it...rather than allowing the man time to assess the situation and offer it when he is comfortable...or not at all

Hell, even when its just a one night stand with a Freelancer I have walked away when they have become persitent about money rather than just letting the "interview process" take it's course...and I am even more cautious when I actually have feelings for someone...

It's much nicer to offer something than for it to be expected or even be cajoled into it...a smart gal knows that...and whilst it is also true that most TGs who get involved with a farang guy do it to make their life (and their family's) better..they form relationships with Thai men for the very same reasons...

In the case of OME he has had a reasonable courtship, with them spending time over several trips together before meeting the family...and once he met them, and saw that there was a need, he was comfortable with contributing, so he made the offer....and that's all fair enough to me....common sense really

we all do things for our own reasons...in our own way...and explain them in our own way...I don't think OME is disparaging anyone in presenting his story how he has...in the same way you say that you are not disparaging him..it's just what he was comfortable with
    Quarky, PeteGill, Rockitt and 10 others like this.

Cadet silver
    Yes Ian
    There are a lot of jewels out there and I guess thats what I am trying to get across I suppose.

Cadet silver

Marc 26,
    I certainly don't take exception to your comments , I only mentioned finances to illustrate that she was pretty poor, she had debts but she was skipping meals or waiting until her kids had finished eating before she would eat. I could not live with myself If I allowed some one I had strong feelings for to live like that. I am also under no illusion that financial security has played a big part in our relationship starting.
    crispy and Cobba like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    ZIppppppppppppppppppp
    Last edited by 1080; 29th June 2017 at 23:21.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    well for me there is a huge difference in whether a girl asks for money up front, especially when you can see she expects it...rather than allowing the man time to assess the situation and offer it when he is comfortable...or not at all

Hell, even when its just a one night stand with a Freelancer I have walked away when they have become persitent about money rather than just letting the "interview process" take it's course...and I am even more cautious when I actually have feelings for someone...

It's much nicer to offer something than for it to be expected or even be cajoled into it...a smart gal knows that...and whilst it is also true that most TGs who get involved with a farang guy do it to make their life (and their family's) better..they form relationships with Thai men for the very same reasons...

In the case of OME he has had a reasonable courtship, with them spending time over several trips together before meeting the family...and once he met them, and saw that there was a need, he was comfortable with contributing, so he made the offer....and that's all fair enough to me....common sense really

we all do things for our own reasons...in our own way...and explain them in our own way...I don't think OME is disparaging anyone in presenting his story how he has...in the same way you say that you are not disparaging him..it's just what he was comfortable with
    You're 100% correct in your comments. I was very comfortable with the whole process. Even to this day she will always ask me before she spends anything on herself or the kids on her credit card. I've told her if she needs/wants then buy it but she always asks. She is very frugal and is not interested in brand names. We were in Hong Kong recently and looking in all the Brand Name shops and I asked her if she liked the hand bags.She said "can I eat them" I suppose when you"ve experienced hunger it puts things into perspective.
    1080, bacwaan, crispy and 2 others like this.

Cadet silver
    I was going to start on their first visit to Australia but I've been responding to a few posts and someone has just reminded me that I didn't saacratch her back before she went to sleep last night. I cant scratch her back and type at the same time so she will win........for tonight.
    Quarky likes this.

[QUOTE she was skipping meals or waiting until her kids had finished eating before she would eat.[/QUOTE]

If you think that this only happens in Thailand, you had better re-think; it happened in my family. We were "10 pound poms". In the early days (first 8 years in AU.), I only found out from my older sister, my mother did exactly the same, she would not eat until all of the kids had finished. She had a few tricks like adding more water to the soup to make it go further. Having a bread delivery man drop off unsold bread every now and then helped. In my view OME is a true gentleman and humanitarian that is worthy of our praise for doing what he considers right and for his actions.

M26, instead of making comments spontaneously, how about engaging your brain first. Remember your background, though I suspect that now you are successful it may be a distant memory. You have touched a raw nerve here!

Moderators, remove this post if it is out of line and inflammatory.
    1080, Zablive and Nomad like this.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    [QUOTE she was skipping meals or waiting until her kids had finished eating before she would eat.
    If you think that this only happens in Thailand, you had better re-think; it happened in my family. We were "10 pound poms". In the early days (first 8 years in AU.), I only found out from my older sister, my mother did exactly the same, she would not eat until all of the kids had finished. She had a few tricks like adding more water to the soup to make it go further. Having a bread delivery man drop off unsold bread every now and then helped. In my view OME is a true gentleman and humanitarian that is worthy of our praise for doing what he considers right and for his actions.

M26, instead of making comments spontaneously, how about engaging your brain first. Remember your background, though I suspect that now you are successful it may be a distant memory. You have touched a raw nerve here!

Moderators, remove this post if it is out of line and inflammatory.[/QUOTE]

I'm under no illusions at all, my mum did the same thing. I am also well aware that Anne's situation while not ideal was no where near as dire as many people in this world.

I was not having a go at you OME. I just wanted others out there to know that mothers sacrificing for their kids is not confined to Thailand. It happens throughout the world, at least until families become more able to be economically independant. It is usually the older siblings that remember the hard times that their parents endured.
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    ZIppppppppppppppppppp
    You're stealing MY line, Ted. 5555

As tourists to Thailand we seldom meet the wealthy group that you see in all the Thai soap operas on television. They are few and far between and keep entirely separate from the main population that does all the work. There really is a class system in Asia.

I'm just an old pensioner living on a small income in Canada, but any Thai who looks at my home or possessions would think I was wealthy. The ONLY thing that allows me to live the life style I do is that everything I own is paid for. I don't have any high interest payments and I can live very frugally. The great majority of Thais do not have that luxury, and any Thai woman whose husband has run off without paying any bills or supporting their children, can be destitute in a hurry. The Thai government does not require men who father children to take any responsibility for the cost of their upbringing.

It is totally understandable that a Thai woman would look at a farang willing to help her as a gold mine. Her own pride would keep her from asking for money. If a man is not willing to share a bit (or a lot) then he is not really worth getting involved with. Women the world over are far more sensible than men. They put necessity ahead of personal attraction. They want a nice guy, but also one who takes responsibility for their actions. That is not a quality found very often with Thai men.

Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    [QUOTE she was skipping meals or waiting until her kids had finished eating before she would eat.

Moderators, remove this post if it is out of line and inflammatory.[/QUOTE]

How is what I said inflammatory in anyway?
    It's the truth and if you realize, I included myself in it also

And same here.....many nights my mom without eating, and as you probably know also, that's not something you forget no matter what course your life takes after

Oh and OME
    You sort of spoiled your ending by telling us about your present life now 555

Cadet Gold
    Hi all well i can certainly attest to what retdent is saying ,my old man and mum were the same 10 pound poms .The first words the oldman heard when they docked in melbourne was from some warfy saying go home ya pommy bastards well if it hadnt been for the immigrants australia would have been in some serious trouble after the second world war . OME i can relate to what you are saying about your girl as mine was the same when i first met her skimping on meals through financial debt after lending a family member a sum of money then getting told bad luck no have money anymore cant pay back kid in school now .
    However things are better now as she has managed to get get herself back on track and might i say without my help which i find an achievement through carefull budgeting but i still ask her what she is having for dinner sometimes i frown on just having a couple of apples but but most times she does have a reasonable meal . I think any parent will go without for there child it is just human nature as a parent to do that and bringing up two children on your own would be no easy task in thailand as they dont have all the safety nets in place that the west does like here in aus ,i mean we even give people money to send there kids to day care now anyway kep up the story OME as i think its great .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    Yes Ian
    There are a lot of jewels out there and I guess thats what I am trying to get across I suppose.
    Sometimes you have to sift through a lot of gravel to find one!
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

[How is what I said inflammatory in anyway?
    M26, The potentially inflammatory part was my comment to you.

Anyway, it appears that enough BM's here have seen their own mother's struggles, so we can relate to the subject. Let's just get back to OME's story, it is interesting and worth hearing all of it.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Oh and OME
    You sort of spoiled your ending by telling us about your present life now 555
    He may have been talking about his cat 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Sometimes you have to sift through a lot of gravel to find one!
    But that can be fun.
    PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    But that can be fun.
    Kind of like panning for gold. It takes you to some lovely places. Had I not "accidently" come to Thailand I never would have had that wonderful part of my life. A few buddies and I grin, tell stories and all agree it's like some big, special secret we have... and a fountain of youth. Chob's stories about the family he is with are just like that.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast