Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: It's a long way from Chiang Mai to Perth

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I thought he was a doctor at the hospital St Johns, should Janice the photo and she said she thinks she remembers him.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I thought he was a doctor at the hospital St Johns, should Janice the photo and she said she thinks she remembers him.
    maybe Khun Emu breath tested her....555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    OME,

Thanks for finishing the story, and taking the time to write in the first place.

By the sounds of it you live way up north eh? Maybe even close to Jurien?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Cadet silver
    Well time for the next chzpterin the story. We submitted the Permanent Residency application in January 2017 and in January 2019 we got notification that we were now at stage 2 of the process(faark me they really drag it out) and that processing is 24 to 28 months!

Anne was getting pissed of because many of her friends were getting PR in much shorter times. Anyhow last month we got a request for further information regarding our relationship which was really just confirming what we had submitted back in 2017. I also had to get Police clearances for the kids and the last documents were uploaded to the Immigration website about 8pm last night.

Checked my emails when I woke up at 6am (9am Canberra time) and bingo!! 3 emails from Innigration (visa grant notifications) one each for Anne and the kids,, about three and a half years from when they first arrived in Australia.

To cap it off it is Anne's birthday and this is the first birthday I have been with her, so a great day alround

Next step is citizenship when she is eligible around this time 2021.

Merry Christmas all and have a great New Year.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Goodonya fella, takes big nuts to jump through all them hoops. Can you tell us the finacial cost in this day and age.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Goodonya fella, takes big nuts to jump through all them hoops. Can you tell us the finacial cost in this day and age.
    Cost has changed quite a bit since we started but in 2016 it was $7800 for the fiance visa and the two kids. I know it went up to over $10,000, just 3 days after we submitted our application. Then about $2000 when we submitted the permanent residency application and it will be an additional $450 per adult for the citizenship application. So all up pretty close to $12000.

Congratulations mate, our took about the same time April 2016 and got approved a few months back.

And happy birthday to Anne
    Oldmanemu likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    It really Shits me when a Aussie Who wants to bring his Thai Wife here it takes 3 years and tens of thousands of dollars , When it seems a Chinese Can waltz in to the country and Get Perm Residency on arrival and a case of Baby formula .
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    It really Shits me when a Aussie Who wants to bring his Thai Wife here it takes 3 years and tens of thousands of dollars , When it seems a Chinese Can waltz in to the country and Get Perm Residency on arrival and a case of Baby formula .
    If you have or make significant investments in Australia, then visa can be fast tracked, but others seem to be going through all the same hoops, if not more. For example, two I know on work visas with a baby born in Oz have been applying for 4+ years without success.
    Tingtong likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If you have or make significant investments in Australia, then visa can be fast tracked, but others seem to be going through all the same hoops, if not more. For example, two I know on work visas with a baby born in Oz have been applying for 4+ years without success.
    Bloody sad. No wonder so many people get angry with government. I've said many times that if we replaced our government leaders in Canada with a bunch of Thai ex hookers then we would be a whole lot better off.

There seems to be no consistency , on nationality gets preference over another lot . It should be a List that you put your name on and when you do you are at the bottom of the list and you progress up over time and when you get to the top you are offered Residency then . If after a number of years you prove to be a person of good character and have made a contribution to society you are the offered Citizenship .
    If people think im bullshiting about the Chinese come to Sydney and have a look , The place is over run with them . Personally I would rather More Thais and Pillo's get a chance to live here .

In Sydney CBD and fringe, many are students paying full tote fees for an Australian education...more the $30 billion a year from international students, plus all the additional money they spend to live in Australia. Thus, not residents, yet pouring a lot of cash into the economy.

Stay in Thai town in Sydney and you would say the place is over run with Thais!
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I've said many times that foreigners intending to immigrate should be allowed to work and contribute on a quick basis, but no citizenship for 10 years. If they screw up and commit a serious crime then they get sent back to wherever they came from and never be allowed to return.
    Oldmanemu and Tingtong like this.

In Sydney CBD and fringe, many are students paying full tote fees for an Australian education...more the $30 billion a year from international students, plus all the additional money they spend to live in Australia. Thus, not residents, yet pouring a lot of cash into the economy.

Stay in Thai town in Sydney and you would say the place is over run with Thais!
    Those 'Students' Never go home thats the problem . Also Thai town is what one block in Sydney? so not a problem . The Chinese have taken over whole Towns ... They are every where in the Whole of Sydney , They own nearly every shop and are now taking over the Trades .
    I know most members here are Pro China so Ill shut up now , cant be bothered .

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Those 'Students' Never go home thats the problem . Also Thai town is what one block in Sydney? so not a problem . The Chinese have taken over whole Towns ... They are every where in the Whole of Sydney , They own nearly every shop and are now taking over the Trades .
    I know most members here are Pro China so Ill shut up now , cant be bothered .
    It's caused more by those who run the country. You can't blame anyone for taking advantage of what is offered to them on a silver platter. Everyone does much the same thing if it's available to them. All it takes is some bribery money to convince a politician to agree with your proposal.

Well after going through the the visa system and about 10k AUD, the fustration etc I don't really have any issue with it. The time frame is not really a problem if your partner is in the country. The only real issue is if she wants to split with you once it's approved so she needs to hang around.
    justcruzing1 and Nomad like this.

I'm not pro China, but I am anti BS.

The Chinese have been migrating to Oz since the 1800's gold rush, not long after the Europeans, and given their population and relative means, of course they are going to be a bigger proportion of our population.

I am supportive overall of the time and cost of migration. I originally felt it was inappropriately racially biased, yet I know well paid people facing similar time and effort challenges for their US spouse residency.

In relation to China vs Thai visas, I am not seeing Chinese being favoured, other than via family extensions, which everyone is entitled to pursue and if there are more of Chinese etnicity here already, then that will boost numbers. Same as all the Italians that migrated en masse in the 60's. And then the 70's rhetoric that we are being over run.
    Last edited by Nomad; 21st December 2019 at 16:35.
    Quarky likes this.

Sorry for diverting your thread OME, and congratulations.

Cadet silver
    Sorry for diverting your thread OME, and congratulations.
    No problems, I have enjoyed reading the comments. Anne would say to me "why my friends get PR quickly and I'm slow.". There didn't seem to be any consistency, that wasmy biggest gripe.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    Cost has changed quite a bit since we started but in 2016 it was $7800 for the fiance visa and the two kids. I know it went up to over $10,000, just 3 days after we submitted our application. Then about $2000 when we submitted the permanent residency application and it will be an additional $450 per adult for the citizenship application. So all up pretty close to $12000.
    Those prices are lunacy
    Canada is 250 for 6 years worth of work permits and 900cad for PR

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast