Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 172 of 172
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: It's a long way from Chiang Mai to Perth

  1. #161
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,723
    On granting temporary residency you get free Medicare (medical coverage), free schooling, 500 hours of English lessons and access to all government services, other than welfare. Sounds like a bargain to me.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  2. #162
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    On granting temporary residency you get free Medicare (medical coverage), free schooling, 500 hours of English lessons and access to all government services, other than welfare. Sounds like a bargain to me.
    We don't get the schooling but we get access to all govt services, healthcare on our Work Permits at 125.00cad each

  3. #163
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,351
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We don't get the schooling but we get access to all govt services, healthcare on our Work Permits at 125.00cad each
    How much are your partner Visa's thou? Or permanent residence

  4. #164
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,724
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    How much are your partner Visa's thou? Or permanent residence
    I said above 900cad

  5. #165
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,984
    I think I have read this story before, regardless I just read it again. Good story, but one thing sticks out to me that nobody commented on. Looks like OME and Anne shared a hotel room after meeting the very first time in person. I know things go fast in Thailand but I don't think I could do that. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  6. #166
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I said above 900cad
    We paid $685 twice for a PR visa. We got a provisional visa because we were married less that two years. So we had to repeat the process and the fees again after a year and a half. Each time we have to pay a "Biometrics" fee to go in and get fingerprints and photos.

    The citizenship application is pretty much the same application and the PR applications except if cost $40 more. This should not have taken as long the PR visa accept that for some reason there has been a surge in applications since 2016. It's as if people are afraid that the process will become difficult and more expensive and the would not be wrong. The price proposed by our current administration is 1170 or 1140. That along with small bureaucratic changes to make the process more difficult.

    We expect the missus will be sworn in by June.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  7. #167
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    We paid $685 twice for a PR visa. We got a provisional visa because we were married less that two years. So we had to repeat the process and the fees again after a year and a half. Each time we have to pay a "Biometrics" fee to go in and get fingerprints and photos.

    The citizenship application is pretty much the same application and the PR applications except if cost $40 more. This should not have taken as long the PR visa accept that for some reason there has been a surge in applications since 2016. It's as if people are afraid that the process will become difficult and more expensive and the would not be wrong. The price proposed by our current administration is 1170 or 1140. That along with small bureaucratic changes to make the process more difficult.

    We expect the missus will be sworn in by June.
    Congrats!

    Canada just introduced Biometrics recently

    When Ao was in Thailand when Nut was in high school we did the right thing and switched her to a visitors visa(I'm a wimp with visas and never mess around!)
    To get her WP before was a breeze under mine

    She got back and we figured the same thing, easy for her to get under me but they introduced Biometrics and they only allow it done outside Canada
    So she was here with no job and miserable weather

    Plus she has her 2 biggest jobs for her business in Bangkok in December and January
    So she headed back to Thailand to be around for those jobs and do Biometrics

  8. #168
    Cadet silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    I think I have read this story before, regardless I just read it again. Good story, but one thing sticks out to me that nobody commented on. Looks like OME and Anne shared a hotel room after meeting the very first time in person. I know things go fast in Thailand but I don't think I could do that. 555
    No problems, separate beds, all very innocent. I just didn't want to pay for two rooms.
    kaptainrob and Cippy like this.

  9. #169
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    No problems, separate beds, all very innocent. I just didn't want to pay for two rooms.
    I think I began my time in Thailand in a somewhat seedier side of Thailand. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  10. #170
    Cadet silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    170
    We went into Immigration in Perth lasr week to enquire about citizenship as there was a bit of confusing information on the website. They co firmed that Anne and her kids can apply for citizenship 4 years after she first arrived in Australia. So, 19th June 2020 she can apply for Australian Citizenship. Cost is about $300 per person.

  11. #171
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    We went into Immigration in Perth lasr week to enquire about citizenship as there was a bit of confusing information on the website. They co firmed that Anne and her kids can apply for citizenship 4 years after she first arrived in Australia. So, 19th June 2020 she can apply for Australian Citizenship. Cost is about $300 per person.
    Congrats! Man, that's cheap. About $200 USD? Very affordable for immigrants I would say.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  12. #172
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanemu View Post
    We went into Immigration in Perth lasr week to enquire about citizenship as there was a bit of confusing information on the website. They co firmed that Anne and her kids can apply for citizenship 4 years after she first arrived in Australia. So, 19th June 2020 she can apply for Australian Citizenship. Cost is about $300 per person.
    I was going to comment that you need to add time out of the country, but looks like this is no longer the case. However, still subject to not being "away from Australia for no more than 12 months in total in the past 4 years, including no more than 90 days in total in the past 12 months." We will go close on both measures!

    By the way, it is $285 and free for children under 16 applying with a parent.

    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citi...ident#Overview
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •